Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Ebola outbreak in the Congo.

  1. #1
    Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    . . . Fumbuc!
    Posts
    14,125

    Ebola outbreak in the Congo.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspected...101556793.html

    Um, lets not bring any cases into the US, mkay.

    Its best to let nature run its course. Sending in doctors and shit is counterproductive.
    Returns June 3rd.


  2. #2
    Senior Member Helen Keller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockin' a Piss
    Posts
    7,836
    i thought it said, "Ebola outbreak in chicago"


    Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath and if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit will be immortalized ,Forever!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    . . . Fumbuc!
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    i thought it said, "Ebola outbreak in chicago"


    Well, South Chicago is the Congo sans tasty pygmies.
    Returns June 3rd.


  4. #4
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    6,718
    Isn't this just the third or fourth year of the same "epidemic"? Remember, we were supposed to have been wiped off the face of the earth a year or two ago because 2-3 Americans were brought back here for treatment?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

    •" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

  5. #5
    Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    . . . Fumbuc!
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Isn't this just the third or fourth year of the same "epidemic"? Remember, we were supposed to have been wiped off the face of the earth a year or two ago because 2-3 Americans were brought back here for treatment?
    Different outbreaks in different countries.

    So you think it was smart for Barky to bring ebola patients into the US?
    Returns June 3rd.


  6. #6
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    6,718
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Different outbreaks in different countries.

    So you think it was smart for Barky to bring ebola patients into the US?
    The only one who died that I recall flew here on his own and died. I think two other healthcare workers were actually brought here for treatment, (they were Americans) and they both survived as did the one or two infected by the first guy so was it smart? I guess you'd have to ask the two he brought here that lived. Seems like two saved and no fatalities worked out ok. I guess we could have left them in Africa.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

    •" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

  7. #7
    Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    . . . Fumbuc!
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    The only one who died that I recall flew here on his own and died. I think two other healthcare workers were actually brought here for treatment, (they were Americans) and they both survived as did the one or two infected by the first guy so was it smart? I guess you'd have to ask the two he brought here that lived. Seems like two saved and no fatalities worked out ok. I guess we could have left them in Africa.
    If it hadn't been for the public outcry they were going to fly in many more.

    The hospital my wife works at was designated as one of 3 hospitals in our state that was going to receive ebola patients. The run down they gave the senior staff left most of them less than enthused.

    Anything we can do here for these people can be done in Africa and in fact several facilities were built by the US and a few European countries to do just that. That's how they ended those particular outbreaks.

    Bringing in something as contagious and nasty as ebola into your country is not smart. It seems especially insane if its A: not necessary, or B: if you are one of the people who will have to have direct contact with them.

    Are you volunteering?
    Returns June 3rd.


  8. #8
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    6,718
    I'm not going to argue with you. As someone with no medical training I would no more volunteer to treat someone with Ebola than I would pneumonia. That wouldn't be smart for the patient. The facts are there is another Ebola outbreak in Africa. Shit happens. The sky didn't fall the last time and won't this time either.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

    •" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

  9. #9
    Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    . . . Fumbuc!
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I'm not going to argue with you. As someone with no medical training I would no more volunteer to treat someone with Ebola than I would pneumonia. That wouldn't be smart for the patient. The facts are there is another Ebola outbreak in Africa. Shit happens. The sky didn't fall the last time and won't this time either.
    Lots of epidemiologists would argue with you. Imagine if we could have quarantined HIV in Africa.

    And again, bringing a nasty, highly contagious virus into your country for no good reason is not smart.
    Returns June 3rd.


  10. #10
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    8,900
    Is ebola the one they got for kissing the apes, or having sex with them? I forgot. Wait, I think it was AIDS they created by having ape sex, so this must be just from the foreplay.

    Sorry. It's hard keeping with with African diseases....they create so many over there.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." I've seen the visceral effects this has on our enemies in public. It's as if somebody punched them in the stomach when they realize they've lost the moral high ground." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

  11. #11
    Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    . . . Fumbuc!
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Is ebola the one they got for kissing the apes, or having sex with them? I forgot. Wait, I think it was AIDS they created by having ape sex, so this must be just from the foreplay.

    Sorry. It's hard keeping with with African diseases....they create so many over there.
    Ebola is blood borne (so is Aids) and the Bonobos contract it by eating their close cousins. Bush meat isn't free, yo.
    Returns June 3rd.


  12. #12
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    8,900
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Ebola is blood borne (so is Aids) and the Bonobos contract it by eating their close cousins. Bush meat isn't free, yo.
    I still believe it's creation was a case of low IQ and free ape sex.....after all, what happens in the Congo, stays in the Congo. (At least, until Liberals get involved....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." I've seen the visceral effects this has on our enemies in public. It's as if somebody punched them in the stomach when they realize they've lost the moral high ground." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

  13. #13
    Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    . . . Fumbuc!
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I still believe it's creation was a case of low IQ and free ape sex.....after all, what happens in the Congo, stays in the Congo. (At least, until Liberals get involved....)


    Implying ape sex is ever free.
    Returns June 3rd.


  14. #14
    Senior Member jet3534's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West VA
    Posts
    1,562
    I have to add the following to this ape sex discussion.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXdaYt2Lv0

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    11,746
    Moderately interesting read on the subject;
    http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/here...demic-05242017

    I too wondered how ebola died out in the US and even in Africa so quicky, considering how it was wiping out communities in Africa so easily. If it's spread like smallpox, it's just a matter of the wrong conditions being met, with smallpox the spores are so fine they move with any wind current, the spores can float up walls and ingress a building from outside by upstairs open windows just like smoke, more or less if you have line of sight/no barrier contact with a smallpox victim you're fucked. I dunno how ebola is spread.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •