Thread: 6 June 1944

6 June 1944

Full broadcast days for various radio networks covering the D Day invasion;
    NBC: https://archive.org/details/NBCCompleteBroadcastDDay
    CBS: https://archive.org/details/CBD440606CBSDDayCBS
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Whoa. I never thought about this being available. Thanks for posting.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Today they would be screaming for FDR's head on a platter for allowing this landing resulting in thousands of dead Americans within the first hours of fighting.

I thank The Lord that today's America hating news media was not there at that time. I also thank The Lord for all the brave soldiers and others who fought for the freedom of the world without much regard for their own well being. Thankfully the same type of soldier exists today, unfortunately not supported by our sickening media.

I've collected some 10gb of ww2 axis and allied broadcasts as mp3s. Like to put them in chronological order some day but these full days are the cats meow, wish there were more full days from the time but recording was pricey and the media, wax and vinyl record disks, steel wire recorders, etc didn't have much capacity. The fcc rid made recordings of axis broadcasts but most of them are still in the archives on their original media and haven't been digitised yet.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Just finished watch The Longest Day with my wife.

Could people today do what they did 73 years ago?
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    this scene reminds me of a quote of my Dad. He served in the ETO between 43-45. He even got to see PATTON up close, though he was one of those GIs who didn't like Patton (a lot of soldiers hated Patton and thought he used them as cannon fodder just to compare dick sizes with Montgomery).

Anyway, my old man had some decorations and medals, but he always said that the reason why so many guys who got medals all the way up to the MOH were humble about it, was because they felt that the poor shmoe who got shot within the first few seconds of him landing in Europe was NO LESS brave than those who survived the war. He survived the war but always thought about his buddies who didn't make it.

They were just as brave and just as much honored. It was bad for all and I have always thought there are things
    worse than death. Like reliving people dying every night in your dreams. And I understand a lot of men did not like Patton
    but I really do believe by him being such a hard ass he shortened the war and saved many lives. God bless them all.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..