Thread: Republicans sweep special elections!

Republicans sweep special elections!

I'm very pleased to announce that the GOP managed to sweep ALL special elections tonight. This is a glorious time for those who advocate for limited government, a strong national defense, the second amendment, and strong border security. We did it guys!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...use-races.html

Republican Karen Handel's projected victory over political upstart Jon Ossoff in Tuesday's Georgia special election was immediately cast by the GOP as a devastating blow for Democrats.

As Handel delivered her victory speech in Atlanta, the National Republican Congressional Committee blasted out a memo crowing that Democrats "marshalled their resources and went all-in Georgia ... and they failed."

"After promising a revamped strategy that would deliver them a majority, House Democrats are no closer to that goal today than they were at the beginning of the new year," said the memo, which claimed that Democrats had gone "0-5 in specials elections."
    Last edited by Justin; 06-20-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I saw that. What great news. And that demo looked like a real prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I saw that. What great news. And that demo looked like a real prick.
    My reaction to tonight's GOP victory. I love it when Democrats waste millions of dollars on elections!

the $$$ the dummies spent on that election was insane.

they just don't get it yet.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

All I can tell you is we are so happy that IT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have listened to months of ads
    on everything. Ossoff started out with provable distortions and lies and only barley changed the adds. We were very aware
    the 90+% of Ossoff money was coming from out of state and the majority of that money from Cali. Hell there people
    calling voters from Cali. and would tell you so. And the damn money was ridiculous.

But for the next couple of months it will be quiet.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    All I can tell you is we are so happy that IT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have listened to months of ads
    on everything. Ossoff started out with provable distortions and lies and only barley changed the adds. We were very aware
    the 90+% of Ossoff money was coming from out of state and the majority of that money from Cali. Hell there people
    calling voters from Cali. and would tell you so. And the damn money was ridiculous.

But for the next couple of months it will be quiet.
    Yep as a Georgia resident I am now very happy that Handle won and Assoff's face is now going to be off the TV. The local polls were saying he had it by 4 to 5 a week ago. Yesterday morning they said it was down to a statistical tie. Reality was nearly a 6% victory for Handle. Polls mean shit it seems.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yep as a Georgia resident I am now very happy that Handle won and Assoff's face is now going to be off the TV. The local polls were saying he had it by 4 to 5 a week ago. Yesterday morning they said it was down to a statistical tie. Reality was nearly a 6% victory for Handle. Polls mean shit it seems.
    The polls were conducted exactly like the polls during the last Presidential election. Same tactics, same results.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Little known factoid: Ossoff rhymes with toss off.

Word is he's the dem poster boy as he is an American Trudeau/Macron. I imagine soros has no prob losing 50M, likely a tax write off.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Word is he's the dem poster boy as he is an American Trudeau/Macron. I imagine soros has no prob losing 50M, likely a tax write off.
    It's a shame he didn't lose more.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I'm very pleased to announce that the GOP managed to sweep ALL special elections tonight. This is a glorious time for those who advocate for limited government and strong border security. We did it guys!
    Where and when? Yet to see it? All talk and no action.....

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Where and when? Yet to see it? All talk and no action.....
    They're trying but the Dems keep blocking as well as the liberal Judges put in by Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    They're trying but the Dems keep blocking as well as the liberal Judges put in by Obama.
    ^^^^
    This right here. I understand why people are frustrated with the lack of progress (I am too), but the blame lies squarely with the Democrats in the Senate (along with a few RINOS). I still think all of these special election victories are very significant. It shows that Americans still support Trump's agenda, and it also keeps the Democratic base in disarray instead of being energized. Democrats were hoping for a Scott Brown story, but failed miserably; and I believe that these results bode well for the GOP in the upcoming midterms in 2018. If we can manage to retain the House, and pick up additional seats in the Senate; then I feel that the prospects of Trump's agenda going through will be very likely.

We gave the R\s all three houses, complete power. Wheres that promise to repeal Obama care? Excuse time is over. Remove these assholes from the bench. Still waiting for them to even fund the wall let alone build it. They cried when they only had the house.... then they cried when they only had the house and senate.... Now they have all three and excuses don't wash with me anymore. I'm fed up with the rino leadership in both houses. AFAIC they are just democrat light except for a few.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 06-23-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

My guess is that before Trump can do anything meaningful, he's going to have to get rid of a lot of obama's appointments and hires. obama used the last few months of his presidency to load every Dept./agency he could with those he knew who would do everything they could to slow down/stop Trump and his agenda. Trump has gotten rid of a few of them,but there are tons more than need to go.

He needs to have his Cabinet clean their individual depts. of these entrenched traitors, then turn Sessions loose on judges, etc.

I feel he's doing the best he can right now and while his progress is slow,it's still moving forward. Of course, with every step forward, the Left/Dimocrats/Communists/Fake News Outlets do all they can to knock his accomplishments out.

I have a feeling it'll take a year or two for him to get his feet firmly in touch with the ground (and not have that ground pulled out from under him) and then he'll start showing progress we can all see.

Until then, hold firm.

Rome wasn't built in a day and the DC Swamp can't be drained in a few months, but that draining is in the works.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Maybe this will light a fire under their useless asses...Big donors are tired of the excuses too
    .. http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/de...lish-something
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 06-27-2017 at 01:52 PM.

The rinos will be pushing hard for 0bamneycare replacement, kushnercare.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"