Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Can Pretend All We Want, The US Is In A Recession & Heading For The Big One

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

We Can Pretend All We Want, The US Is In A Recession & Heading For The Big One

My dad's friend that owns a bank confirmed for us that real estate is back to where it was in 2008.

Retail sales continue to decline, when compared to wages we can see as wages are dropping so are sales. GE is in trouble, they do not have enough to meet their pension obligation. Caterpillar posts a positive sales after 54 months of declining sales, this was accomplished by China ordering equipment most likely a one off order. SocGen says interest rate to slow to contain the asset bubbles. Citi explains why the credit impulse going negative is very dangerous for the world economy. The last two times this happened the US entered a recession and it is happening now. The US is in a recession the Fed, corporate media and US Government just don't want to admit it.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Last week a Italian bank bought one of the largest Italian banks for one euro.
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ita...-idUKKBN14W0TE

This is a bail in, where the deposits are used to cover the newly purchased bank's debts. See how that works? A bank fails, taking its deposits with it, and another bank that was more prudent and didn't gamble its depositors money away makes good on the failed banks debts. This is the model they will use here.

Bezos bought hole foods to add to his monopoly empire wich is making waves in the grocer world.
    http://www.complex.com/life/2017/06/...ng-whole-foods

What Bezos wants is to eliminate every employee he can from a grocery store and then offer delivery. Aldi and lidl are making headway into the US market and a grocery price war is looming. Walmart is testing pricing similar to aldi in some states, and Kroger is spending a few billion on getting its vendors to reduce prices drastically. If Bezos has his way, you'll walk in to a grocery store/bezos food warehouse and grab what you want (the store notes everything you take) then just leave with the stuff and be billed for it via an app in your phone, no cashiers or carryouts, or just order what you want and it gets delivered to your door. Bezos thinks his drones will be bringing you fresh eggs, lettuce, meats in the very near future. There's a rumour of a stock market event taking place around the 5th of July floating about too.
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 06-21-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Yawn. yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn........take an x22 enema. Yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn..........taken that enema yet.
    Yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn................
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

So why is the real estate in Commiefornia insane? $1.2 Million dollars won't buy you jack shit in the San Francisco Bay Area. You have to averaging $700K a year to buy a house and put your kids through school here. (ignore their politics for a moment and think just about economics)

There are lots of issues at work here. I'm still glad that we don't have another DEMOCRAT in the White House. I think that despite his troubles, Trump is going to be the most business and investment friendly POTUS in a long while.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    So why is the real estate in Commiefornia insane? $1.2 Million dollars won't buy you jack shit in the San Francisco Bay Area. You have to averaging $700K a year to buy a house and put your kids through school here. (ignore their politics for a moment and think just about economics)
    They do that to keep the riff-raff out. Only the best people will do....the kind that doesn't ask prices. If you ask the price, you can't afford it, anyway.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

There are lots of issues at work here. I'm still glad that we don't have another DEMOCRAT in the White House. I think that despite his troubles, Trump is going to be the most business and investment friendly POTUS in a long while.

My home town is also in a bubble, just like 2008.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Yawn. yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn........take an x22 enema. Yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn..........taken that enema yet.
    Yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn................

Sorry to hear it's not exciting enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Last week a Italian bank bought one of the largest Italian banks for one euro.
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ita...-idUKKBN14W0TE

This is a bail in, where the deposits are used to cover the newly purchased bank's debts. See how that works? A bank fails, taking its deposits with it, and another bank that was more prudent and didn't gamble its depositors money away makes good on the failed banks debts. This is the model they will use here.

Bezos bought hole foods to add to his monopoly empire wich is making waves in the grocer world.
    http://www.complex.com/life/2017/06/...ng-whole-foods

What Bezos wants is to eliminate every employee he can from a grocery store and then offer delivery. Aldi and lidl are making headway into the US market and a grocery price war is looming. Walmart is testing pricing similar to aldi in some states, and Kroger is spending a few billion on getting its vendors to reduce prices drastically. If Bezos has his way, you'll walk in to a grocery store/bezos food warehouse and grab what you want (the store notes everything you take) then just leave with the stuff and be billed for it via an app in your phone, no cashiers or carryouts, or just order what you want and it gets delivered to your door. Bezos thinks his drones will be bringing you fresh eggs, lettuce, meats in the very near future. There's a rumour of a stock market event taking place around the 5th of July floating about too.
    Thanks for the info.

Here's some more funky shit on amazon;

The Details About the CIA's Deal With Amazon
    A $600 million computing cloud built by an outside company is a "radical departure" for the risk-averse intelligence community.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...amazon/374632/

Buy your food from the CIA: Amazon buys Whole Foods
    https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2...s-whole-foods/

It Begins: WalMart Warns Truckers It Will No Longer Work With Them If They Move Goods For Amazon
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ove-goods-amaz
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Sorry to hear it's not exciting enough for you.
    Remember chicken little or the boy who cried wolf? Who caused the housing crisis? I am 60 and we have been doomed for the last 40 years
    so after awhile the same old crap gets boring. And when was the last crash predicted? Sure there are some that can say I say it coming but for the
    most part it is never predicted and if I am on solid financial footing, which I am, it does not affect me and has not. Yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn..........

be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Tell about the bubble bursting here in Hamilton County Indiana, where they can't build new homes fast enough, employment is so bad that employers are almost begging for people (called negative unemployment) and home values have been going up for the last 40 years. My first house doubled in value in 15 years and my current took 25 but it's current true market value is beyond my wildest dreams.

Food prices are down, gasoline price is down, so lower wages buy food. Unfortunately due to the housing demand here, the lower wages don't buy these homes, but with average sale time in two weeks or so (listing to signing date) there must be more than a couple of people with money.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Tell about the bubble bursting here in Hamilton County Indiana, where they can't build new homes fast enough, employment is so bad that employers are almost begging for people (called negative unemployment) and home values have been going up for the last 40 years. My first house doubled in value in 15 years and my current took 25 but it's current true market value is beyond my wildest dreams.

Food prices are down, gasoline price is down, so lower wages buy food. Unfortunately due to the housing demand here, the lower wages don't buy these homes, but with average sale time in two weeks or so (listing to signing date) there must be more than a couple of people with money.
    It's the same way here. Compared to some of the upheavals I've seen in our economy over the last 35 years or so, things are pretty good right now. But...change either + or -, is always lurking around the corner.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

As you read the following please keep in mind that the entire estimated GDP of the planet is less than $70 trillion.

The United States government takes in about $2 trillion dollars per year. However, we have a national deficit of $20 trillion per year and that is the good news. We have an unfunded liability of $240 trillion dollars (i.e. Medicate, Social Security, etc) and the 800 pound gorilla in the room is the credit swap derivatives debt of $1.5 quadrillion dollars with an annual interest rate of $505 trillion per year. You do not need a calculator to tell you what is coming.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...own-over-propo

So you gonna kill yourself? Didn't think so......

be the heat..

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I would actually be very optimistic were it not for the wars, the deficit, and the immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I would actually be very optimistic were it not for the wars, the deficit, and the immigrants.
    Speaking of war.

Trump just laid sanctions on China over NK,
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...KBN19K2MA?il=0

sold Taiwan 1.4B in weapons,
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/29/politi...-taiwan-trump/
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/30/china...to-taiwan.html

meanwhile China fired on Indian bunkers.
    http://bdnews24.com/world/2017/06/26...india-s-sikkim

All of China's actions are primarily based upon one goal, claiming Taiwan, everything they do is geared to that end. Those islands they made in the South China Sea? All a distraction and a measure to keep US forces away from Taiwan when the time comes. They will use any pretext to make it (taking Taiwan) happen, a US attack on NK, a war involving the US anywhere else that can distract our attention long enough to allow China to take Taiwan, a global economic collapse, you name it, the immediate goal of China is Taiwan. However, Xi didn't deliver on NK so Trump "renegotiated" the deal (he'd promised to not support Taiwanese independence) and sold weapons to Taiwan. It's the art of the deal. Look for a trade war soon.
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 07-01-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Geez. That could all be big stuff. Again, more stuff to worry about.

Remember this?
    Janet Reno Died on Nov 7-2016 “Donald Trump Will Never Be The President In My Lifetime”
    janet nero.jpg

Well.....

Fed's Yellen expects no new financial crisis in 'our lifetimes'
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN19I2I5?il=0

Federal Reserve Chair Janet L. Yellen was treated at King Edward VII hospital in London over the weekend
    https://www.federalreserve.gov/newse...r20170703a.htm

Where I live in the West VA panhandle I am seeing houses starting to move and prices going up. The local economy is booming. Proctor and Gamble is moving a big operation to Martinsburg WV that will probably employ thousands of people. The Federal Government continues to expand with the new DHS training center in Harpers Ferry. In nearby VA, an hour away, the house I grew up in (that my parents bought in 1963 for 60K) was just sold for one million dollars. This was a 4 bedroom house, 3 bathrooms, a two car garage, two fireplaces, and 2 acres of land in Great Falls VA. After the sale the house was immediately bulldozed and replaced with a 5 million dollar house. I guess I am trying to make 2 points. The first is that the economy is picking up. The second is that real estate always has intrinsic value in the right location. Well, that is as long as the demographics don't change.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Where I live in the West VA panhandle I am seeing houses starting to move and prices going up. The local economy is booming. Proctor and Gamble is moving a big operation to Martinsburg WV that will probably employ thousands of people. The Federal Government continues to expand with the new DHS training center in Harpers Ferry. In nearby VA, an hour away, the house I grew up in (that my parents bought in 1963 for 60K) was just sold for one million dollars. This was a 4 bedroom house, 3 bathrooms, a two car garage, two fireplaces, and 2 acres of land in Great Falls VA. After the sale the house was immediately bulldozed and replaced with a 5 million dollar house. I guess I am trying to make 2 points. The first is that the economy is picking up. The second is that real estate always has intrinsic value in the right location. Well, that is as long as the demographics don't change.
    AND the Dimocrats aren't in the White House.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast