Thread: Problems with mozilla?

Problems with mozilla?

My home page will not load. I click the icon get the ball for a couple of seconds
    and then nothing. The ball quits the icon is no longer flagged and repeat if you
    wish.

Huh? I am glad I left the other browser on here. This makes more than once.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Upgrade to the latest version for your OS

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    My home page will not load. I click the icon get the ball for a couple of seconds
    and then nothing. The ball quits the icon is no longer flagged and repeat if you
    wish.

Huh? I am glad I left the other browser on here. This makes more than once.
    I use Firefox (on Debian-8 64 bit Linux) and have zero problems.

I DO, however, use an older version (38.8.0) because it seems Mozilla "updates" Firefox every week and adds "features" that they think everyone wants and instead all they do is break backward compatibility with add-ons.

Then the people who write add-ons have to update THEIR stuff weekly to keep up with Mozilla's changes. When an add-on author gets tired of the game and no longer updates their work, their (usually VERY useful) add-on becomes useless because it won't work and/or load into the newest version of Firefox.

SOMETIMES it's possible to edit an add-on's "version" file to trick Firefox into accepting the add-on... other times the add-on really won't work with the new version of Firefox.

So I disabled the annoying auto-update notices and stick with version 38 (which works just fine and isn't "improved" into uselessness by Mozilla).
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Upgrade to the latest version for your OS
    If by that you mean Windows... there is no such thing as an "upgrade".

All you do is become a paying beta tester for a new version of Microshit's junk.

I get Windows (and other MS products) disks for free at school and I still don't use it. Windows is junk (as is all Microshit stuff).

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I use the latest version of firefox on WINXP64. In fact all XP computers

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I use Firefox (on Debian-8 64 bit Linux) and have zero problems.

I DO, however, use an older version (38.8.0) because it seems Mozilla "updates" Firefox every week and adds "features" that they think everyone wants and instead all they do is break backward compatibility with add-ons.

Then the people who write add-ons have to update THEIR stuff weekly to keep up with Mozilla's changes. When an add-on author gets tired of the game and no longer updates their work, their (usually VERY useful) add-on becomes useless because it won't work and/or load into the newest version of Firefox.

SOMETIMES it's possible to edit an add-on's "version" file to trick Firefox into accepting the add-on... other times the add-on really won't work with the new version of Firefox.

So I disabled the annoying auto-update notices and stick with version 38 (which works just fine and isn't "improved" into uselessness by Mozilla).
    Quoted for greater justice. It's amazing they seem to change things on a whim rather than due to actual need such as a hole that needs patched. And like you said it often fsks the add ons.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Just like the .gov.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I use the latest version of firefox on WINXP64. In fact all XP computers
    XP is actually a pretty decent Windows version. I resisted changing from XP to Win7 (before I gave it all up for Linux).

XP always worked just fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    XP is actually a pretty decent Windows version. I resisted changing from XP to Win7 (before I gave it all up for Linux).

XP always worked just fine for me.
    My XP computer was "appropriated" by an elderly relative after their XP system died. I had to migrate to 7 (I was NOT going to go to 10 !!) and, while it works OK, some of my older programs don't. Word doesn't want to open when I click on the document. I have to open Word first, close the blank document, then navigate to the folder where the document I want is located. Excel does not have a similar problem, so go figure.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”