Thread: FBI agent charged with lying about his role in Oregon standoff activist's killing

FBI agent charged with lying about his role in Oregon standoff activist's killing

An FBI special agent lied about his involvement in the fatal shooting of a protester who helped lead an armed takeover of an Oregon wildlife refuge, according to a federal indictment on obstruction of justice charges.

A grand jury in Portland has charged W Joseph Astarita with three counts of making false statements, alleging that he lied when he claimed he did not fire his weapon during the attempted arrest of LaVoy Finicum, a key figure in the Oregon militia standoff at the Malheur national wildlife refuge in 2016.

The charges, revealed in federal court records on Wednesday, raise fresh questions about the death of Finicum and the FBI’s response to the high-profile protest in rural eastern Oregon, which was led by ranchers and rightwing activists, who seized federal property to protest government land regulations.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-charged-lying

You know, I was always pretty skeptical of the rationale those protesters used in taking over that wildlife refuge that had nothing to do with BLM policies they were supposedly so concerned about. Sure, they were armed, but at the end of the day, they were peaceful protesters. Never once did they fire their weapons nor threaten anyone nor assault anyone in an aggravated manner.

So for the FBI and Oregon State Police to straight up ambush them like that at that road-block, then straight up assassinate that Finicum dude when he was just spinning around disoriented in the snow, not even reaching for his gun, well... that was pretty low-ball, even for the FBI.

Sounds like at least that one FBI special agent felt guilty about it, hence why he lied about having discharged his weapon at all.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Let me see.....obama in office....FBI being run by obama administration and with obama's appointees in positions of power....White guy leading protest....obama hates White prople....White guy gets shot by FBI....FBI agent lies like a Dimocrat about the incident....

Nope, nothing odd about it at all.....justified shooting.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Let me see.....obama in office....FBI being run by obama administration and with obama's appointees in positions of power....White guy leading protest....obama hates White prople....White guy gets shot by FBI....FBI agent lies like a Dimocrat about the incident....

Nope, nothing odd about it at all.....justified shooting.
    Zactly what I was gonna say.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

This whole deal had me thinking it was a fed setup from start to finish, with crisis actors and everything. Then when tha milisha steps up the fedz can open fire and make the real militia movement look bad. Just like in Waco, Ruby Ridge, and everywhere else this stuff takes place - especially if Bill Hicks aka Alex Jones is begging for volunteer bullet sponges to help tha milisha. The real battleground for these issues is the courts, not a wildlife preserve.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Learn how to spell. Then go back to cut and paste. Milisha is a russian whore.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..