Thread: RaxaR and the ballad of A-merc Ammo.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

RaxaR and the ballad of A-merc Ammo.

Behold my children, and you shall behold wonders.

Long have I traipsed about the land of pewing, and I have seen those things both great and absurd. In all my days of wandering I was but blind and foolish, and totally ignorant of the depths an ammo company could sink.

For upon my travels one day I came to possess a treasure. It languished for months in a forgotten corner of my local gunshop. The box itself was most ordinary, no longer serving it's original purpose of protecting delicious candy during transit, instead it contained a marvel, 800 rounds of A-merc 115 grain frangible 9mm. I beckoned to the shop owner "Come and show me this great thing", and he did indeed. "That stuff? Don tried shooting it and had rounds that didn't go off" was his response. Soon we were engaged if a terrible battle, haggling over the ransom he would accept to free the beloved ammo. It was not a long battle, for without hesitation he took my initial offer of "$40 for all of it, because that's what I have in my wallet".

Feast your eyes on the splendor!

I could hardly contain myself on the trip home. Desperately I wanted to strip myself bare and dive in to this wonderful thing. Upon my return to my abode dive I did. Smashing up the stairs I acquired the firearms I would use to unleash the mighty power of such an intriguing round. ON HI-POINT, ON STALLARD, ON REMINGTON, ON GLOCK, ON ZASTAVA! These would be the vessels out of which the wrath would be poured

With great fury I rode off to the range, eager beyond measure to hear the roar and breath the cordite, but nothing could prepare me for what was waiting in those little plastic bags. Indeed I had believed them to be mere white boxes, but I was mistaken. Rather than a generic box I found them to be white paper wrappers around a cardboard box. Using my trusty Victorinox I carefully cut the tape sealing the wrapper only to receive the shock of my life.

WHAT SORCERY WAS THIS? WHAT EVIL TRICKERY? SURELY NO COMPANY COULD BE SO CHEAP THAT THEY WOULD RECYCLE AMMO BOXES FROM ANOTHER COMPANY (let alone a russian one)! But no, they were not pure and innocent, they were scoundrels. They reused Brown Bear packaging. Not only that, but they used witchcraft to seal them. First they glued the box shut, then they taped the box shut (with scotch tape), then they glued a label to the box, then they glued the label shut, then they taped the label shut (again, scotch tape) then they took the whole box and sealed it into a plastic bag along with a folded piece of paper, telling you not to buy it if you're not responsible (which of course you can't read until you pull it out of the bag and unfold it).

This level of dedication to sealing the ammo in has the unfortunate consequence of requiring you to tear the box to shreds to actually get the round out of it.

So now you're probably thinking "Well this can't get a lot more half-assed" but my friend you are wrong. My next clue that A-merc might be a bit sketchy was when I spotted this gem. See if you can guess the issue...

Why yes, that, somehow, is a totally different bullet than the other 49 in the box. If you know how quality ammo is made you will be questioning just how that's possible, and I was too. Until it happened again in the next box

and then 3 times in the third box

Keeping in mind how much effort goes into sealing those boxes you know it had to be that way from the factory.

And I can think of no better picture to end on than the pile of garbage created by THREE MOTHER FUCKING BOXES of 9mm

shoot it all!

DO IT!
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    shoot it all!

DO IT!
    That's the plan, except for a box or two just to have a keepsake of the absurdity.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Weird looking bullets. What did the company do, start out making hollow points, then midway through, changed their minds?

How did they perform?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Weird looking bullets. What did the company do, start out making hollow points, then midway through, changed their minds?

How did they perform?
    They're fangible, so they're supposed to disintegrate when they hid something hard. The only gun they shot well out of was the g19, but I had 2 failures to feed with it. They did OK from the zastava and the remington accuracy wise, with no stoppages. They didn't shoot worth a shit out of the stallard or hi-point.