Thread: So what do you think we'll do to North Korea if they launch against us?

So what do you think we'll do to North Korea if they launch against us?

Now they'll probably launch a missile against South Korea or Japan, but apparently they're getting close to a missile that can reach either Alaska or Hawaii (which is AMERICAN SOIL and thus a declaration of war right then and there).

I still think we WON'T nuke them but hit them really hard with conventional weapons.

1) North Korea is about the same size as Pennsylvania. We have too many FRIENDS that are too close, including our own military bases. That would be like nuking Pennsylvania and not worrying about fallout hitting Virginia, or Maryland. Even if THEY nuked someone, I know we won't just willy nilly start dropping nukes, especially when we'd be radiating our friends and allies at the same time. It would be stupid.

2) The North koreans are insane enough to PICK a fight. China, despite its' tough talk, is starting to slip in it's control over the Idiot leader.

3) If we HAD to appease China, we could just meet with them secretly and say "hey we'll let you have your own puppet regime, but you just can't have THIS Crazy fucked up one that's there now". That way they'll still have a buffer between them and South Korea.

We're in unusual territory in that EVERY Other Asian nation of note, Is concerned about North Korea and thinks they're crazy. It would be totally weird but not implausible to see the combined forces of Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines go up against the Norks, with the Chinese trying to make sure they don't lose face.

Just some post 4th of July musings.....

Question

I have thought about this before too. Option 3 is the conclusion I came to. Either we do it, or China does it (putting your own dog down) to take limited military action against nk to topple their regime with minimal civilian casualties so no nukes.this would still mean a bit of a blitzkrieg on their rocket and artillery units.to keep the peace in the region we let China choose their next leader who is friendly to them. At this point I think sk is better off. A huge influx of uneducated north Koreans would kill their labor market and be a huge economic burden. Better if it is china's problem. If I was sk is want a10 year plan to normalize relations aND trade too much to fart and it will hurt their economy.

We could try a "carpet barrage" that would put them back in the Stone Age but they aren't that far out of it even now.

At least, not most of the people. The ruling elite - that's a whole 'nuther ball game.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Drop 100 Moabs in a pattern laid out to create a maximum over-pressure wave. No fall out other than the left whining about how mean the USA is.

And why does China need a buffer to S. Korea?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    And why does China need a buffer to S. Korea?
    How would we feel if there was a communist government in Mexico?

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    We could try a "carpet barrage" that would put them back in the Stone Age but they aren't that far out of it even now.

At least, not most of the people. The ruling elite - that's a whole 'nuther ball game.

They already are in the stone age. The only populated area on the planet that doesn't have any lights visible from space at night.

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

If they hit California with an ICBM I would not care. But you might shit in your pants.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Well since we don't have a Kenyan masquerading as a US president anymore, we won't be apologizing for starters.

Kim Jung Un and the North Korean government is definitely crazy, but I don't think they're suicidal. I expect the usual saber rattling bs from them, but I highly doubt there will ever be an outright war with North Korea. The only scenario in which I see North Korea launching nukes against the US or South Korea is if the people start a revolution are are about to topple the regime; at that point they'll have nothing to lose, and I can easily see them launching nukes out of anger and revenge. The best solution is to build a missile defense system so we can intercept their ICBMs, before they reach the US IMO.
    Last edited by Justin; 07-08-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Kim Jung Un and the North Korean government is definitely crazy, but I don't think they're suicidal. I expect the usual saber rattling bs from them, but I highly doubt there will ever be an outright war with North Korea.
    He is that crazy, and no one thought his father was either. He is. He thinks he has China backing him, and I think he is right. Don't know how old you are, but learn from history.

If he launches and real Americans are on watch, his shit will rain down in tiny pieces after being intercepted, then his immediate location will receive its recompense. His brother would be a good replacement that would likely be entirely satisfactory to China as well as nork elites. If fake Americans (nwo tools) are on watch, his shit will hit its target and ww3 would likely result following along the lines of the Korean war at the beginning.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

This is a game intro about war with NK, it's kinda freaky;
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Dang 5.56, that was wild. And scary. I know one guy who is craving some range time today.

What are you going to shoot your tv?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Dang 5.56, that was wild. And scary. I know one guy who is craving some range time today.

I found the intro compelling, however don't think even a reunified Korea would have the manpower to invade the US, but their chicom friends do. If shtf over NK I assume it'll be a emp attack, either NK did it or NK takes the fall for someone else doing it. Also, Nk has invested loads into cyberwarfare and they can mess around with us via that route. Also also they likely have sleepers inside the US with nbc weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I found the intro compelling, however don't think even a reunified Korea would have the manpower to invade the US, but their chicom friends do. If shtf over NK I assume it'll be a emp attack, either NK did it or NK takes the fall for someone else doing it. Also, Nk has invested loads into cyberwarfare and they can mess around with us via that route. Also also they likely have sleepers inside the US with nbc weapons.
    Good fun! LOL But a lot of those possible scenarios were scenarios back in the 1970s. For one. the USA doesn't need to import fuel. With new technology to extract oil from oil shale plus newly discovered deposits in the North American Continent, the USA has the potential of equally or exceeding Saudi Arabia. A war with Iran and Saudi Arabia could be absorbed (oil supply wise) by the USA and we'd be making tons of money selling our oil to the rest of the world. ALl oil producing nations would ramp up drilling and refining to help avoid a world wide economic collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashorn View Post
    If they hit California with an ICBM I would not care. But you might shit in your pants.
    California is one of OUR fifty states. Doesn't matter which one WE live in. Hit a US state, you hit ALL of us.

Too bad Kim Small Dong whatever his fat-ass name is can't have a chat with Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto who said after the Pearl Harbor attack "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve".

History may repeat itself.

OH SHIT!!!

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down

Did anyone see those Netflix DVDs about Life in North Korea? What a Joke! I wonder how long those Generals will allow him to remain in Power? I could see a Coup in North Korea very easily! Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    This is a game intro about war with NK, it's kinda freaky;
    Personally, the scariest part of that video was seeing Hillary Clinton in the beginning. I thank God everyday that Trump is the President, and that she's not.