Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marine Corps KC-130 aircraft loaded with ammunition and weapons explodes at 20,000 feet killing 15

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Yes I was referring to both Planes, the smaller version of the C-130 is the 131 also known as the Cargo master. I flew on one back in 1980, Yes I was also referring to the C-141 also but forgot the Number of it. The 141 is also known as the Star Lifter. The C-17 is the best Cargo Plane the Air force has ever had. They cannot hold on to the C-130 forever, unlike the A-10 which can go on for quite some time, it has no equal.
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 07-13-2017 at 06:51 AM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    "Andy Jones said he was working on his family's catfish farm when he heard a boom and looked up and saw the plane corkscrewing down to the ground"
    Sounds like it was still in one piece. Eyewitness accounts I read said they hear something like a train and saw it tumbling from the sky. Others report it "burst into flames on impact". Lots of things sound like a boom including sonic booms which aren't explosions at all of course this plane wouldn't have created a sonic boom, just saying.

I don't want to ruin any fantasies for anyone so yes, it's possible someone planted a bomb onboard. It's also possible that some jihadi enfiltrated a MARSOC unit, pulled a pin on a grenade and killed his close knit group of fellow SecOps Warriors. It's also possible that some item of cargo/ordnance was improperly secured and detonated. Lastly it is entirely possible that it was all the result of equipment failure.

I've tried to present some plausible facts for the more plausible options.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 07-12-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

One man said he heard multiple explosions, said he heard the ammo detonating as the plane
    was coming down.

Anyone seen a manifest yet?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    One man said he heard multiple explosions, said he heard the ammo detonating as the plane
    was coming down.

Ammo, at least small arms ammo doesn't "detonate" AFAIK but perhaps Hatedbysheeple can tell us for sure? He might have heard something but I bet it wasn't ammo.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

multiple explosion sounds at high altitude can be related to the capillary effect of most aircrafts' fuel systems when shit goes majorly wrong.

Make a paper airplane, whirl it around with your hand on a common horizontal plain.

Now take the same paper airplane and rip it up and down at the same speed you were making it go around with.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Reality VS looking for a boogeyman???????

Hmmmm

Sadly, shit happens. Sometimes the fault/damage is caught before anyone gets hurt and sometimes it occurs while the aircraft is flying. Same as your car, everything may seem alright but you might have something catastrophic happen while driving down the road today IE: blowout, engine failure- then you crash into a tree or oncoming traffic and whammo dead.

Your commercial planes have nowhere near the hours/toil most military versions do.

I do remember when they grounded the C-141's after a maintenance crew member walked across the wing to do an after flight check and the right wing snapped off from his body weight. They changed their x-ray procedures on them and found all sorts of bad things going on with the air frame due to age. LIke most of our aircraft, other than the newest models everything is getting up there in years .
    I'd have to disagree with your hours being higher in the military. Your average commercial aircraft is being run 24 hours a day except for maintenance, Where military aircraft are sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I'd have to disagree with your hours being higher in the military. Your average commercial aircraft is being run 24 hours a day except for maintenance, Where military aircraft are sitting.

Look at the birth date of most commercial planes VS military.

When a commercial plane takes off it hits basic azimuths for it's intended location, same ones do it non stop day after day like a bus route.

Mil. plane might get deployed, get the shit beat out of it, retrofitted with some new parts/avionics and it's back in the sky for years.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Ammo, at least small arms ammo doesn't "detonate" AFAIK but perhaps Hatedbysheeple can tell us for sure? He might have heard something but I bet it wasn't ammo.
    Maybe detonate is too strong a word(it was mine) but he did say he heard ammo going off.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

In the news footage shown locally, the ashes of the burned plane seemed to show burn marks in the field as if the plane had burned in place. There were two distinct areas on either side of the fuselage that could only have been the wings. The remains of the fuselage was also there. Unfortunately, they switched to something else before I could get a good look at the tail section.
    If the plane was spinning (corkscrewing), it may have slowed or stopped before it hit as there didn't appear to be any rotational distortion of the ground surface or warping and twisting of the wings or fuselage. There also appeared to be only slight ground disturbance behind the plane so forward motion may have been minimal as well.
    FYI - the video I saw was an ariel view.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

ever seen burnt toast land crust burnt side up ?
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Sounds like it was still in one piece. Eyewitness accounts I read said they hear something like a train and saw it tumbling from the sky. Others report it "burst into flames on impact". Lots of things sound like a boom including sonic booms which aren't explosions at all of course this plane wouldn't have created a sonic boom, just saying.

I don't want to ruin any fantasies for anyone so yes, it's possible someone planted a bomb onboard. It's also possible that some jihadi enfiltrated a MARSOC unit, pulled a pin on a grenade and killed his close knit group of fellow SecOps Warriors. It's also possible that some item of cargo/ordnance was improperly secured and detonated. Lastly it is entirely possible that it was all the result of equipment failure.

I've tried to present some plausible facts for the more plausible options.

The plane fell in two sections, one was everything forward of the wings, the other the rest. That's why there's debris for a mile or two as well as bodies, ammo, etc and two main crash sites. My take is the b52s fly every day and are older than these things so why don't we hear about b52s exploding in mid air?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Many colleagues/friends in a FB group I am a part of, knew some 'em personally...It's a solemn shit show. May they rest in Valhalla...Fair winds and fellow sea's
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The plane fell in two sections, one was everything forward of the wings, the other the rest. That's why there's debris for a mile or two as well as bodies, ammo, etc and two main crash sites. My take is the b52s fly every day and are older than these things so why don't we hear about b52s exploding in mid air?
    Probably because midair explosions aren't very common among any type of aircraft. You also have to consider that a B52 isn't used as a cargo aircraft flying cargo and personnel all over the place. Kind of like driving one car only on the interstate for 100 miles everyday and driving another 100 miles in town. More wear and tear on one than the other
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I was just reading about Mike Riconosciuto today, how he tried to alert the fedz that 911 was coming the month before it happened, as well as the same terrorist org's importation of various Russian made manpads. Just saying.
    You might recall Mike Riconosciuto from the PROMIS/Inslaw case, Iran/Contra, and Tim Osman aka Usama Bin Laden fame. Mike was released from prison only a few weeks ago from his 1990s fabricated meth conviction.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Question

Question as you mentioned Sept,11, I wanted to ask about that Ridge, on the Bottom of the Airliner one of the Planes that hit the W.T.C. Liberals go nuts on that Photo, Yes I have seen it, (The Bump or ridge running along the bottom of the Plane. does anyone know what it really is? Those stupid libs. think The Plane was Radio Controled.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Don't know the age or number of flight hours of this specific aircraft, but it wouldn't be the first to have structural failure. Spiraling down could indicate main spar wing failure, something that has happened in the past on high time airframes.
    Yeah, but what about the "boom" witnesses heard before the plane started to fall?

Dollars to doughnuts there was a muzzie on board making his grand "jihad".
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Any of the crewmen or soldiers Muslims?
    Hammer hits nail on head.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Reality VS looking for a boogeyman???????

Hmmmm

Sadly, shit happens. Sometimes the fault/damage is caught before anyone gets hurt and sometimes it occurs while the aircraft is flying. Same as your car, everything may seem alright but you might have something catastrophic happen while driving down the road today IE: blowout, engine failure- then you crash into a tree or oncoming traffic and whammo dead.
    There's a difference between a tire failure causing a car crash and something going "boom" that catches everyone's attention just before the car crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    was coming down.

Unconfined ammo cooking off just makes a relatively weak popping sound. You certainly would not hear ammo cooking off inside the airplane as it was falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Question as you mentioned Sept,11, I wanted to ask about that Ridge, on the Bottom of the Airliner one of the Planes that hit the W.T.C. Liberals go nuts on that Photo, Yes I have seen it, (The Bump or ridge running along the bottom of the Plane. does anyone know what it really is? Those stupid libs. think The Plane was Radio Controled.
    ECM pod.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast