Thread: Well I had my vasectomy today.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Well I had my vasectomy today.

The procedure went like this. I go in to the appointment. Doc examines my scrote and finds the tubes. Says good. Then gives me a single Lorazepam. I told him that will do nothing. So he gave me another one. The two worked. Anyway after giving time for the pills to kick in, I find myself laying flat on my back on the doctor paper lined bed. First He froze my bag with a needle straight in the middle of it. Then he froze each tube that he had to work on, first the right and the left. basically put the needle right in it or so it felt and filled the tube with the freezing compound. this didnt feel too good on the right side. Felt like it went all the way up to my kidney. the left side was pretty easy didn't feel like anything. We will get to that. So he cut a v shaped incision right at the top of my bag where it meets the underside of my shaft. he pulled the right line out with forceps placed two clips on it about an inch apart then cut the section out between them and used a soldering iron type thing to burn the ends of the tube. (smelled like bacon cooking).

Then he proceeded to do the same on the other side. He grabbed the line with the forceps and i could feel a little but of discomfort in my left lower back when he touched it. that kinda grabbed my attention but i didn't say anything. He then put the two clamps on. I could feel that Not so bad. Kinda like a dull pain in my lower back again. Then when the cutting came. Well boy i felt that. It felt exactly what you think having the line connecting your nut being cut would feel like but with about 20% freezing in place. I think the freezing missed the line it was supposed to be put in. Anyway the cauterizing felt like the other steps before the cutting. Dull but nothing too alarming. Now i was finished. He grabbed either side of my bag with each hand between his thumb and forefinger and kinda jiggled the sides up a few times to make the parts go back inside. like you would do with a garbage back to get stuff to settle to the bottom. He then glued the incision over and his assistant and the doc slid a pair of weird spandex underwear on me. And we were done. As easy as that. It has been a few hours and i am getting pangs down there. Little short spurts of pain. It will be soon time for another ibuprofen i think.

So I'm now laying on the couch watching old movies. Just finished Jeremiah Johnson and about to find another of the same vintage. Wife is waiting on me as i was told to rest

I thought of you guys and took a pic of one of the parts they removed. They had them in separate bottles for testing. for what i don't know. But i took a pic of one. I had to edit the doctors face out just out of politeness so i put the feels good guy over him.

Enjoy

Last edited by rci2950; 07-11-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I think I'll pass on that procedure.

Doesn't prostate cancer start with slowing down of intercourse, usually later in life? The way I see it, if not enough sperm is gotten rid of, then it just sits there and gives the cancer a place to start, usually the prostate....

A while back, after a prostate exam, the doctor asked if I had stopped having sex. I told him I had slowed down, and he said he could tell..... So, I assumed he was talking about not getting rid of enough sperm to keep the prostate from swelling.

I could be wrong, but if the doctor was telling me to have sex more often, then who am I to go against a doctor's orders? (Too bad he didn't give me a prescription so my wife wouldn't get mad if I have to find multiple partners.....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Doesn't prostate cancer start with slowing down of intercourse, usually later in life? The way I see it, if not enough sperm is gotten rid of, then it just sits there and gives the cancer a place to start, usually the prostate....
    My sperm aren't making it to the prostate. The tube is cut next to the nut. The prostate is where all the fluids mingle and then get fired out of when you ejaculate. My prostate will just stop seeing sperm in the mix...

also this

https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/s...ncer-risk.html

Wife and I are very active. So i wont see any problems with prostate being un emptied.
    Last edited by rci2950; 07-11-2017 at 03:41 PM.

if you had switched teams, you wouldn't have had to go through this genital mutilation.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    if you had switched teams, you wouldn't have had to go through this genital mutilation.
    and as Adam Corolla used to say, if you shack up with a guy your size you automatically double your wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    you can always "do that" to a woman too.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Lorena Bobbitt fixed her husband the cheaper way....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

rci2950, going by your picture I never realized that Canadian balls were so small. You probably didn't need to have them removed because I don't see how the sperm could have actually gotten out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    rci2950, going by your picture I never realized that Canadian balls were so small. You probably didn't need to have them removed because I don't see how the sperm could have actually gotten out of them.
    hahaha keep it up. I got no problem posting my nuts on here. I know you know better

Sooo - your guns aren't the only things firing "blanks" now, hhmm??
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

now you can tell your boyfriend "Swallow deez ghosts"
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

JTHunter I am all juice and no seed. HK I am navy but not that kind of navy... Anyway Status update. Yesterday I felt really good like it was healing so I went over to my fathers place to change the resistor pack for his air conditioner blower in his truck. Mistake. Last night and again this morning my nut are aching like crazy. Feels like something is pulling on the lines and they are ripping off up near my kidneys. I am off for a few more days (they gave me 6). Thought the 6 days was a joke. I guess there was a reason. I'm staying in the basement today and not getting off the couch.

Wasted some of that recoup time. But I always tell you guys to do as you are told.
    Did you get the truck fixed?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Wasted some of that recoup time. But I always tell you guys to do as you are told.
    Did you get the truck fixed?
    yes. I did. It could have waited tho. I am paying for it today.

Good I mean we all know it is up to 65* degrees there by now and we can't have family cooking in their trucks.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    JTHunter I am all juice and no seed. HK I am navy but not that kind of navy... Anyway Status update. Yesterday I felt really good like it was healing so I went over to my fathers place to change the resistor pack for his air conditioner blower in his truck. Mistake. Last night and again this morning my nut are aching like crazy. Feels like something is pulling on the lines and they are ripping off up near my kidneys. I am off for a few more days (they gave me 6). Thought the 6 days was a joke. I guess there was a reason. I'm staying in the basement today and not getting off the couch.
    That's why they tell you "X # of days". Hope you didn't mess up their hard work.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I dunno. Right side feels like its been stepped on. I'm hoping it goes away soon. The rest of it is fine. The incision is almost gone. Hoping in a few more days back to normal. I'm back to work Monday. Will probably be better rest then home. I'm forced to sit at a desk there. when I am home I get shack wacky and can't sit still.