Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been feeling a little retro ... M11

Been feeling a little retro ... M11

Does anyone still have a M11/9mm ... SWD, Cobray, MAC ... or from any of the plethora of other makers?

Years ago ... at least 20, I had one in 380 ... and besides being kinda expensive to shoot the anemic little round, the trigger slap would make my finger numb in 10 rounds or less

But I have this craving for one with the Lage upper on it ... I don't know why and can't explain it.

I found a new production M11 for $339 and a lightly used original Lage slow fire upper for $500 ... thinking that if I like it maybe buying one in FA and put the Lage on it ... they are about (if not the cheapest) FA on the market ... and like other FA's the prices keep going up ... so, sort of an investment to have fun with. And if I don't like it just keep saving up and maybe get a FN C sear ... they aren't getting cheaper either.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

sounds like it would be fun.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

No but I do have a Tec-9
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    Does anyone still have a M11/9mm ... SWD, Cobray, MAC ... or from any of the plethora of other makers?

Years ago ... at least 20, I had one in 380 ... and besides being kinda expensive to shoot the anemic little round, the trigger slap would make my finger numb in 10 rounds or less

But I have this craving for one with the Lage upper on it ... I don't know why and can't explain it.

I found a new production M11 for $339 and a lightly used original Lage slow fire upper for $500 ... thinking that if I like it maybe buying one in FA and put the Lage on it ... they are about (if not the cheapest) FA on the market ... and like other FA's the prices keep going up ... so, sort of an investment to have fun with. And if I don't like it just keep saving up and maybe get a FN C sear ... they aren't getting cheaper either.

So the LAGE upper will fit on a pre-86 transferable? COOL!

Now are you talking the original MAC-11? Because the Cobray M11 was an elongated upper chambered for 9mm and doesn't look like the classic MAC guns.

I've got 2 M-11 9s but they are post ban (No threaded barrel). But I changed the grip to accept more than a 10rd mag and changed the quarter size cocking handle to something you can use with the side of your hand.
    They are consecutive serial numbered, why? Just because.

They were free. I used the last unemployment check and a VA check to pay for them.

As far as trigger slap goes.. There WAS a company that made an anti slap hammer but went out of business and no else will make copies of the hammer...

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    So the LAGE upper will fit on a pre-86 transferable? COOL!

Now are you talking the original MAC-11? Because the Cobray M11 was an elongated upper chambered for 9mm and doesn't look like the classic MAC guns.
    there were a couple transferables on GunBroker so I wasn't aware there was an issue ... I guess I'll see what works out ... and report back!

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I've got 2 M-11 9s but they are post ban (No threaded barrel). But I changed the grip to accept more than a 10rd mag and changed the quarter size cocking handle to something you can use with the side of your hand.
    They are consecutive serial numbered, why? Just because.

They were free. I used the last unemployment check and a VA check to pay for them.

As far as trigger slap goes.. There WAS a company that made an anti slap hammer but went out of business and no else will make copies of the hammer...

BISHOP
    Two? Cool!

The one I bought is a new production, it has a threaded barrel or at least the picture in the auction did!

Of course they're out of business and no one else makes them and that being the case, I've got a guy, just have to see if he's that good ... If he is, you'll hear about it!
    Last edited by kimberkid; 07-13-2017 at 10:48 AM.

A little off topic but LAGE also makes a live firing version of the Aliens M41A Pulse Rifle (in .45 ACP for the top gun and 12 gauge for the bottom).

Wow! That looks cool; then when he went to use it ... it looked really awkward but definitely heavy enough to tame the 45acp in FA!

Do a search for the M-11 anti-slap hammer. There are vids on You Tube and a lot of images on Google Image.

It looks simple enough to make using a dremil, or hacksaw and a drill. for tools and then a piece of 1/8" piece of metal, a spring and pin.
    That is why I'm surprised no one else makes them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5Vx_r4K9s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU-UF3j9x5Y

BISHOP

Wow! That looks cool; then when he went to use it ... it looked really awkward but definitely heavy enough to tame the 45acp in FA!
    What I love is that they took a MOVIE FAKE PROP weapon (though the movie was a mockup built on a Thompson M1A1 and an Remington 870 shotgun with miscellaneous SPAS 12 furniture to dress it up) and made a real gun out of it. !!! How cool is that?

Now to make the FLAMETHROWER UNITS That would be SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    What I love is that they took a MOVIE FAKE PROP weapon (though the movie was a mockup built on a Thompson M1A1 and an Remington 870 shotgun with miscellaneous SPAS 12 furniture to dress it up) and made a real gun out of it. !!! How cool is that?

Now to make the FLAMETHROWER UNITS That would be SWEET!

I really like the digital round counter too ...

Do a search for the M-11 anti-slap hammer. There are vids on You Tube and a lot of images on Google Image.

It looks simple enough to make using a dremil, or hacksaw and a drill. for tools and then a piece of 1/8" piece of metal, a spring and pin.
    That is why I'm surprised no one else makes them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5Vx_r4K9s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU-UF3j9x5Y

BISHOP
    Thanks Bishop! If mine has a problem with slap I'll definitely be doing that mod ... being a new production gun I'm hoping it doesn't have slap but the piece of tubing on the trigger has me a bit worried ...

(Item # 666444543 NEW Cobray Leinad M11 9mm SMG Style Pistol)
    Last edited by kimberkid; 07-14-2017 at 11:59 AM.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

BISHOP
    Check this out. CNC-machined parts that supposedly eliminate the trigger slap. I am definitely buying these in the near future for my 9mm Cobray carbine.

https://www.ftfindustries.com/product/RP-M11STBTH.html

I really like the digital round counter too ...

Thanks Bishop! If mine has a problem with slap I'll definitely be doing that mod ... being a new production gun I'm hoping it doesn't have slap but the piece of tubing on the trigger has me a bit worried ...

(Item # 666444543 NEW Cobray Leinad M11 9mm SMG Style Pistol)
    Unfortunately it's a guarantee that trigger slap will be present. It's how bad the trigger slap is that varies.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Check this out. CNC-machined parts that supposedly eliminate the trigger slap. I am definitely buying these in the near future for my 9mm Cobray carbine.

https://www.ftfindustries.com/product/RP-M11STBTH.html

Unfortunately it's a guarantee that trigger slap will be present. It's how bad the trigger slap is that varies.
    I'm guessing it will, but I'll find out for sure next week.

Why? There is no reason to think that the tubing will be on YOUR gun.

Why?

Because that photo was ripped off of the site IMFDB.org and is one of THEIR photos of a screen used movie firearm. It's NOT a photo of the gun that this seller is selling.

Well if it's not like the picture it will be reflected in the feedback!

Just a quick update;
    The upper got here on Saturday and it looks great but I was concerned because the firing pin is a fixed part of the bolt, so it's for an open bolt, full auto receiver ... Which isn't the receiver I've got.

The M11 got here today and I took a 2 hour lunch to pick it up and go to the farm before it got too hot (it was 90 then and 98 now) I put the LAGE upper on the semi receiver but there's no way to lock the bolt back ... Everything fit but I didn't put a mag in it because with the fixed firing pin, if I'd pulled the bolt back on a loaded mag, it would have just started firing and would have only stopped when it jammed or ran out of ammo ... there no way I ever want to be involved with a run-a-way firearm ... I can't think of a scarier firearm situation and I never want to be involved with that! Well, a kaboom would be scary too and I don't think that would happen ... call me a pussy if you want but that's another think I want NO part of!

Moving on ... No pictures yet but it looks like I'll be able to put the semiauto bolt in the LAGE upper. The trick is there's a long milled chunk of steel bolted to the LAGE Bolt (I think the added weight is what makes the LAGE "slow fire") it appears that I can remove it, then using it as a guide, drill & tap the semi bolt to make a semi-auto LAGE slow-fire upper!

Not sure if I want to buy a 2nd bolt or just drill & tap the original ...

Lastly, I think there is some light trigger-slap I only shot about 20 rounds (with the original upper) and my finger wasn't feeling abused at all.

Well, I have a transferable Cobray M/11. With a Lage upper. I really like it. Some years ago when I bought the M/11. I actually paid more for it than when I bought my Vector Uzi. My how times have changed. These days, I wouldn't get rid of either. The Lage upper really makes a difference in the sub-gun.

Well if it's not like the picture it will be reflected in the feedback!
    Not necessarily. Many gun owners are too naive to realize that they're looking at two different guns.

I believe that Lage makes uppers for the semi auto versions as well. Check out his website.

I took the LAGE bolt and the bolt from the M11/9 to my machinist buddy to drill and tap new holes in the original M11/9 bolt and put it all together, it runs great ... much more controllable but considerably heavier, the LAGE upper spits my brass out right next to me while the original upper throws it like an HK ... into the next county.

So, now I want a transferable M11/9 ... I found a reasonable priced Mac10/45 (because it needs to be completely refinished) but I'm waiting to hear back from LAGE if their upper will fit and if so, what mod's I'll have to make. A guy on the MAC form said the MAC10 is quite a bit bulkier than the M11/9 and he didn't know if my upper would fit on it or not.

Anyway, here she is ... rubber hose on the trigger and all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast