Thread: Everytown for Gun Safety takes victory lap

Everytown for Gun Safety takes victory lap

http://gunowners.org/everytown-takes-victory-lap.htm

Everytown Takes Victory Lap as Paul Ryan Lets National Reciprocity Stall

In a Thursday report, Michael Bloomberg-funded Everytown for Gun Safety took a victory lap over the fact that the Republicans control the House yet Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) is not advancing national reciprocity.

National Reciprocity was introduced by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) on January 3, 2017 and Gun Owners of America reported that it had 199 co-sponsors by June 21, 2017. Yet Second Amendment supporters have seen no action on the bill from Ryan or Congressional leadership.

So Everytown is claiming a win.

Politico reported, “Republicans in Washington keep promising rollbacks of gun control laws” but “so far haven’t taken action on any on it.”

There is no evidence that Everytown has anything to do with Ryan’s inaction, but the inaction lets Everytown gloat nonetheless.

Reps. Thomas Massie (R-KY), Mo Brooks (R-AL), and Barry Loudermilk (R-KY) emerged from the June 14 Alexandria attack with a sharp focus on concealed carry and the ability to have a gun on one’s person for self-defense regardless of the state (or district) through which one is traveling. Second Amendment supporters hope Massie, Brooks, and Loudermilk can motivate Ryan to act on behalf of gun owners at a time like this; a time when Republicans control the House and Senate, and have a president who has already made clear he supports national reciprocity for concealed carry.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Hope trump sees this and makes Ryan act
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Your story has a mistake. Barry Loudermilk is from Ga. And said if we had been in Ga., that day that they were shot at, he and his aid would have been armed.
    Last edited by l921428x; 07-13-2017 at 05:47 PM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    There has been something about Paul Ryan (R-Wisc) that has bothered me for a long time, and his slap in the face not only to firearm owners but those who went through that baseball hell just continues to make me wonder what kind of "R" he really is?