H.R. McMaster endorsed book telling US military to kiss Qur’an

Hammond held “an apology ceremony, not a press conference, and he issued this statement, flanked by Iraqi Sunni leaders of the Radwaniyah District, where the incident had happened: ‘I come before you here seeking your forgiveness, in the most humble manner I look in your eyes today, and I say please forgive me and my soldiers.’”
A U.S. official “kissed a new copy of the Quran and ceremoniously presented it to the tribal leaders.”
Hammond read the following letter from the shooter: “I sincerely hope that my actions have not diminished the partnership that our two nations have developed together. … My actions were shortsighted, very reckless and irresponsible, but in my heart [the actions] were not malicious.”
The offending sniper was “relieved of duty and reassigned.”
Hammond himself commented, “The actions of one soldier were nothing more than criminal behavior. … I’ve come to this land to protect you, to support you—not to harm you—and the behavior of this soldier was nothing short of wrong and unacceptable.”
https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/08/h...-to-kiss-quran

The author of the book mcmaster endorses also says hamas (arabic for violence) is a political group not terrorist, same for unindicted co conspirator moslom brotherhood. The sniper referred to in the story used a koran for target practice.