Thread: US territory (Virgin Islands) SEIZING guns and ammo because of impending Storm

US territory (Virgin Islands) SEIZING guns and ammo because of impending Storm

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/vi...urricane-irma/

SINCE WHEN does the government (especially a U.S. Territory? Where the inhabitants have all the rights and protections of US Citizens) have the right to raid and confiscate GUNS and AMMO? I'm still not sure I understand their reasoning for seizing private citizen's guns and ammo for the sake of 'public safety'. Isn't this a 4th Amendment violation just to take any property?

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...NATL-GUARD.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/vi...urricane-irma/

SINCE WHEN does the government (especially a U.S. Territory? Where the inhabitants have all the rights and protections of US Citizens) have the right to raid and confiscate GUNS and AMMO? I'm still not sure I understand their reasoning for seizing private citizen's guns and ammo for the sake of 'public safety'. Isn't this a 4th Amendment violation just to take any property?

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...NATL-GUARD.pdf
    Government is out of control. This happened during Katrina as we all know. I am glad I live in a State that has State laws against firearm confiscation during a disaster. People should neither give up their guns nor report to a government directed shelter, e.g., like the Superdome. Or for that matter disobey any orders to get into a boxcar.
    Last edited by jet3534; 09-05-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I was just about to post this. This is an outrage.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Molon labe
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

May he blow away with the winds.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Well the NRA Is filing suit against this guy right now!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/05...ns-to-sue.html

A part of me believes that this operation is to test the National Guards ability to carry out civilian disarmament; and to see how it can be applied to the mainland states as well. After all, that's what the New World Order ultimately wants to achieve, and they are willing to use military force if necessary. Hurricane Katrina was essentially the first test run, and it was over 10 years ago; they need more data collection.

The gov just walked back what the order says, trying to play off that the order is in case the ng "needs weapons" they can "buy" aka seize them from gun stores. Sure.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The gov just walked back what the order says, trying to play off that the order is in case the ng "needs weapons" they can "buy" aka seize them from gun stores. Sure.
    That's what I'm having a hard time grasping? Why doesn't his NG have the weapons they need? If nothing else, I'msure the US would be happy to keep them supplied.

Put obama's ammo stockpiles to good use and send them some of it.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    That's what I'm having a hard time grasping? Why doesn't his NG have the weapons they need? If nothing else, I'msure the US would be happy to keep them supplied.

Put obama's ammo stockpiles to good use and send them some of it.
    Yeah really, what the hell do we pay taxes for? We should probably just wait and see what actually happens before passing judgment on this order, but it was pretty suspicious IMO.

well if they took them and have given them back they might need to go get them again.

Jose is coming......Just damn.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

We saw what happened after Katrina. Door-to-door confiscation of guns from the little people. The rich were protected by armed Private Military Companies, e.g., Blackwater. Notice no attempt was made to disarm Blackwater. In this sort of situation, which hopefully will never happen to me, I plan to put no trespassing signs around my house. I would think about leaving the garage door open one inch with a sign telling any law enforcement with a warrant to slide it under the door. If someone forces their way in to a man's house illegally there is only one proper response. Police or no police, I can't afford to conduct an interview of someone forcing their way into my house without a warrant during a disaster situation. Here in West VA a lot of people probably feel the same. Who wants to be disarmed by the police or NG and then be visited 10 minutes later by a group of criminals?