Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we destroy the NK military?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Not sure where you come with access to the west. They get killed for watching western movies. What electricity does the vast rural population have access to? I just watched a video of a young NK girl describing what escaping from NK was like and what happens to you when you're caught watching a western movie. There is one channel on TV for NK. She looked pretty young to be a propaganda agent for freedom. https://youtu.be/ufhKWfPSQOw I agree psych ops should be huge before we go.
    I spent 18 months working up to and 6 months deployed in South Korea, with out further detail it required extensive and indepth research into North Korea to include interviews with escaped North Koreans to learn the people, social structure, beliefs, e.g.. They have rabbit ear tv's and radios. DVDs are smuggled in through china along with players as well as everything else that people will pay for. Outside of the capitol, the state monitors are a lot more leinient because they are not watched. The farther down the caste system your family is the less over watch you have because you live farther away from the capital.

A really good book to read to get a real world view of North Korea and its people and not the over dramatized shows and YouTube videos is "Nothing to Envy" by Barbara Demick.

That girl in the video you posted makes her living on Korean tv and tour circuit talking about escaping North Korea, she has been called out on heavy embellishment by other defectors on a couple occasions. Not saying it's all bull, but she might make her stories more interesting so they sell better.
    Last edited by Hatedbysheeple; 08-14-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Interesting. So the stories about starving people, cannibalism are all untrue? I have yet to see a communist country that hasn't had those events.

Interesting. So the stories about starving people, cannibalism are all untrue? I have yet to see a communist country that hasn't had those events.
    No those are true, about 2.5 million people died during the 90's, it's not nearly that bad now, but you can see what the malnutrition has done to the then children, now adults, small bodies, big heads. It all extensively covered in that book I mentioned. What is untrue is the god like iron grip the regime claims to have on the hearts and minds of its people. Your average North Korean is just someone that wants to live life, be secure in their safety and belongings, and have a future for their children. They have seen what the outside world holds, but they do not have the power or resources to do anything about it. That's why 20k a year attempt to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    No those are true, about 2.5 million people died during the 90's, it's not nearly that bad now, but you can see what the malnutrition has done to the then children, now adults, small bodies, big heads. It all extensively covered in that book I mentioned. What is untrue is the god like iron grip the regime claims to have on the hearts and minds of its people. Your average North Korean is just someone that wants to live life, be secure in their safety and belongings, and have a future for their children. They have seen what the outside world holds, but they do not have the power or resources to do anything about it. That's why 20k a year attempt to escape.
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to pick up the book. Here I come amazon. it's almost a daily thing. Poor NK, no amazon for you. So you think like I do if we struck hard Ill would go down fast, probably by his own military?
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 08-15-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to pick up the book. Here I come amazon. it's almost a daily thing. Poor NK, no amazon for you. So you think like I do if we struck hard Ill would go down fast, probably by his own military?
    I think there would be small pockets in the military and maybe some scattered die hards, but with a good propaganda campaign and limiting the collateral damage the regime wouldn't have a leg to stand on and he would end up offing himself or one of his generals would in a bunker. Honestly I'm more worried about wmd proliferation to the highest bidder by the regimes top guys should the country fall.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Taking a page from the walk loudly and carry a HUGE stick, http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08...le-threat.html

Nobody wants to learn from history. James Peanut farmer Carter believed in walk softly and carry no stick, and pretty much started the mess in the middle east we are still fighting.

Ronald Reagan believed in stomp loudly and wave a huge stick, and guess what, the Soviet Union folded.

King Barack believed in carry no stick and apologize for everything, and look at the mess this country is in now.

So now we have Trump, who believe in the Reagan doctrine, and waved a big stick at North Korea, and guess what, it seems he scared the crap out of them as they are apparently backing down from their threats.

So why isn't this all over the news, instead of that false flag diversion thing about southern statues?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs up

Just Imanagen all of the of the Wonderful Type-66 Pistols and Type-63 SKS Carbines that would come on the Market! Wonderful! Remember the Type-66 which sold on Gunbroker for 5,000.00? Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Taking a page from the walk loudly and carry a HUGE stick, [url]http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/15/guam-residents-relieved-for-now-after-north-korea-tones-down-missile-threat.html
    So now we have Trump, who believe in the Reagan doctrine, and waved a big stick at North Korea, and guess what, it seems he scared the crap out of them as they are apparently backing down from their threats.
    Trump knew exactly what he was doing, and how to deal with that turd, and no, the libs would bash him no matter what he did.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Nut! do not mention Carter again, he is a disgrace to Georgia. A Southern Man is never suppose to be Liberal! He is taking way too long to Die! Paul, A proud Georgia Man!!!!!
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    I think there would be small pockets in the military and maybe some scattered die hards, but with a good propaganda campaign and limiting the collateral damage the regime wouldn't have a leg to stand on and he would end up offing himself or one of his generals would in a bunker. Honestly I'm more worried about wmd proliferation to the highest bidder by the regimes top guys should the country fall.
    Just started reading the book, I'm disgusted already with the communist gov't. Just like the USSR and the KGB...... Good read so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12