Thread: Trump supporters converge on Seattle’s Lenin statue, shout ‘tear it down’

Trump supporters converge on Seattle’s Lenin statue, shout ‘tear it down’

A handful of self-described supporters of President Donald Trump converged on Seattle’s Fremont neighborhood Wednesday to call for the removal of a statue of Russian Communist revolutionary leader Vladimir Lenin that has stood in the neighborhood for 22 years.

Protesters Wednesday wore Make America Great Again hats and held signs that said “Lenin = Hitler,” “100 Million Dead” and “Alt-Left Hate,” and they chanted slogans such as “Shame on Seattle,” “Tear hate down,” and “Genocide is not a joke” at passing cars and people grabbing lunch in the arty, tech-heavy neighborhood. Fremont is home to offices of such tech companies as Google, Adobe, Tableau, Outreach and Pixvana.

The protest comes in response to violence in Charlottesville, Va., last weekend during a rally around a statue there of Civil War Gen. Robert E. Lee, and the subsequent removal of Confederate statues in other cities.
    https://www.geekwire.com/2017/trump-...ate-passersby/

Oh boy. Here we go.

I tell ya, those old Confederate generals can go, but if you dare mess with Old Major, the gloves are coming off.

I'll be dusting off my black BDUs and washing my balaclava, I tell ya.

It is ON, boys. It is ON.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Tit-for-tat.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Aw... all those old statues are eventually going to come down, aren't they?

No one has any appreciation for fine art these days. Too "offensive", I guess.

That's why we can't have nice things, any more.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Aw... all those old statues are eventually going to come down, aren't they?

No one has any appreciation for fine art these days. Too "offensive", I guess.

That's why we can't have nice things, any more.
    Same thing happened in Africa, from the 60's on.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

The native statues should come down as well. They also lost the the Federal govt and had slaves.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    https://www.geekwire.com/2017/trump-...ate-passersby/

Oh boy. Here we go.

I tell ya, those old Confederate generals can go, but if you dare mess with Old Major, the gloves are coming off.

I'll be dusting off my black BDUs and washing my balaclava, I tell ya.

It is ON, boys. It is ON.
    Sad thing is, all of this "Confederate statue" nonsense is misguided... the war of northern aggression was not about "slavery", it was the federal government exercising their control on those who didn't want any part of them (sound familiar?)
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Tit-for-tat.
    You're absolutely right. The ONLY REASON why 'counter protestors' are trying to tear down the Lenin Statue is to MAKE A POINT. It's funny how the media (and some left wingers ... okay.... MOST left wingers) can't understand making an "IRONIC STATEMENT". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    You're absolutely right. The ONLY REASON why 'counter protestors' are trying to tear down the Lenin Statue is to MAKE A POINT. It's funny how the media (and some left wingers ... okay.... MOST left wingers) can't understand making an "IRONIC STATEMENT". LOL
    I don't know if we are going to accept public statues based on what the individual stood for I would think lenin should be first to go. Private property, do what ever

I never knew there was a Lenin statue in Seattle. That's pretty disgusting, Lenin was a cold blooded murderer and is just as bad as Hitler IMO.
    Last edited by Justin; 08-20-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I never knew there was a Lenin statue in Seattle. That's pretty disgusting, Lenin was a cold blooded murderer and is just as bad as Hitler IMO.
    Is sad that lefty here would defend him, like he actually believes lenin stood for all of that working class bs and wasnt just about replacing one ruling class elite with another

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Got one of a Mexican bandit in Az.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Monuments to be removed:
    Washington monument
    Jefferson memorial
    Stone Mountain
    the St. Louis Arch (aka the Jefferson National Expansion memorial)
    all Confederate statues
    all statues to Martin Luther King, Jr.
    George Washington Carver
    schools named for ANY person of controversy
    etc.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

OOh oooh

I go one step above ..

100% Anti-Idolatry.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!