Thread: Anybody in coastal Texas?

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Anybody in coastal Texas?

Stay safe. The storm is getting damn close.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

When I checked the news this morning they said it was going to be a cat 2 possibly a weak cat 3. Now it's a cat 4.

I pity the fools who didn't evacuate.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

There are a few guys on another forum that I frequent on who are going to be hit. Just wait until this is all over, the media is going to be all over Trump's ass screaming that he didn't do enough. Mark my words on that.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    There are a few guys on another forum that I frequent on who are going to be hit. Just wait until this is all over, the media is going to be all over Trump's ass screaming that he didn't do enough. Mark my words on that.
    Hell, they'll find some way to even blame the whole hurricane on him. It'll have something to do with his pulling the US out of the Paris Accords....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

After this fool repeatedly told citizens not to flee Trump's warning, he comes up with this;
    " The mayor of Houston said Monday residents of his city, regardless of their citizenship or immigration status, should not be afraid to ask for help amid heavy flooding — and if illegal aliens are arrested after they are discovered in the storm, he will serve as their lawyer.

“I and others will be the first ones to stand up with you,” said Mayor Sylvester Turner, a Democrat, according to The Hill. “If you need help and someone comes and they require help, and then for some reason, somebody tries to deport them, I will represent them myself, OK?”"
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...tation-harvey/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I just read a really grim idea of what someone thinks. Many many dead in their homes
    and not floating yet.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

$20 for a gallon of gas, $99 for a case of water — reports of Hurricane Harvey price-gouging are emerging
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ing/ar-AAr7slI

This is interesting. NYC is in the path for a huge storm, LA is being threatened with fire, and Houston is under water. The gas here went up 30 cents in my area so far, and I wonder how far it will go. I also wonder if this is what war with NK or world war 3 will look like. I mean, when you can find gas or bottled water.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    $20 for a gallon of gas, $99 for a case of water — reports of Hurricane Harvey price-gouging are emerging
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ing/ar-AAr7slI

This is interesting. NYC is in the path for a huge storm, LA is being threatened with fire, and Houston is under water. The gas here went up 30 cents in my area so far, and I wonder how far it will go. I also wonder if this is what war with NK or world war 3 will look like. I mean, when you can find gas or bottled water.
    price gouging is illegal isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    price gouging is illegal isn't it?
    Varies by state, in Tx it's illegal. I'm torn between my love of "free market whatever the market will bear" (pricewise) and hatred of rape. Also, gouging is ill defined, statutorialy speaking. Is 8 bucks a gal for gas bad while 5 bucks os ok? If gold (eventually) goes to 40k, is that gouging?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I just read a really grim idea of what someone thinks. Many many dead in their homes
    and not floating yet.
    I heard that Houston has an underground city beneath the city proper (something like Atlanta's underground city). They were saying that there could be a lot of dead bodies down, too.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars