Thread: Good deal on .41 mag

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Good deal on .41 mag

Stopped by our local Gander Mountain which should be closing any day now. They had Remington HTP, 210gr SP for $21.99 for 50rd box. Cheapest I've found this on line has been around $45 a box plus shipping. Picked up 250rds for $118.47 OTD.

Thinking I might go back and make the manager an offer on the remaining 30 or so boxes.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I'm going over to GM today and see what they have left. Thanks for the reminder.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

My store hasn't posted a closing date yet but everything is 70%-90% off. This ammo was 70%. I presume it will go to 90% before they close. The only other ammo they have left besides a few shotgun shells was Lawman, 45 GAP 185gr TMJ. At $11.99 for 50rds I grabbed a couple of boxes. It will run fine through my DA revolvers on moon clips and at that price it's cheaper than most 45 ACP. I figure it'll drop below $10 a box by Sunday. Is so I'll snag some more
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 08-25-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

wow you're set, that's enough brass to last a lifetime.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Went back on Saturday, 80% off. All the .41 mag was gone but I did find five boxes of the 45 GAP on a shelf in the checkout line. Guessing someone thought it was 45 ACP until they got ready to pay. It was down to $7.99 for 50rds so I bought all five boxes. I mean 250rds for $40 and change ain't bad.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Seeing this post reminds me i just found a box of 1000 .41 mag new cases that I hadn't known where they were for about the last 20 years. Time to load up some rounds.