Thread: If you like star Trek, stay away from the new upcoming one this Fall!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down If you like star Trek, stay away from the new upcoming one this Fall!

I have been reading about it in the new T.V. Guide, and my new SCFY Magazine. I just got. We have 2 Queers major parts of the Crew, who love each other, A Vulcan Female raised by Humans, A tall Alien I have never seen in any Star Trek that I remember. The Ship does not look pre-NCC-1701 Enterprise. Like the one in S.T. Enterprise did. All in all looks like another social experiment in T.V. messing with an old Classic and ruining it as well. Nor do I care for the comedy Orville coming on Fox also. I don't do Comedy. something like the Mask is different. That was funny, You don't laugh at Sci-Fi. You can be awed at it, scared at it, inspired at it, but not laugh at it. Maybe I sound like a Purist, but we need far more Purists in this Country right now. If it see's a second Season it would be an Act from God! Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Didn't know it was Star Trek but whatever. And if you do not expect homosexual and tranny playing reindeer games in 2017
    you haven't been keeping up.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

The last one, Star Trek: Enterprise, was not bad, and Voyager was ok too, except for the overbearing CPT. Janeway. The new one is not even worth watching. The only thing I am wondering is where does this Show fit in, between Enterprise, and the original show set in 2266. by the way, 1921428X why would I want to keep up with that Crap? The best think that came out of all the Star Treks was the Romulans! Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I hate to be "that guy", but one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself is a tv that is almost never on.
    Old guy lecturing mode off now.
    But yeah, since the original, it has gone downhill. Picard was cool, as was Wharf, but I hated all the other characters in the later versions.

Hey be that "guy" and turn off the computer!! J/K for sure. There is no original thinking for
    tv anymore. Oh well like you said turn it down......

be the heat..

I know tons of guys in the Movie and television industries. EVERYONE is jumping ship OFF and away from the politically correct disaster that is going to be the new Star Trek Discoveries show. The fact that there are also NO MALE commanders and all primary characters are female, the political correctness has gone MAD with the new show.

All the props, special effects people and costumers are working on "The ORVILLE" instead.

I thought Hobe was talking about Orville but I guess I keep up with the wrong things.

be the heat..

No you were correct! Both new Outer Space Shows, the new Star Trek, and Orville look to be bad ones in the long run..Plus I am getting tired of all the Vampire and Zombie Crap! The only reason I watch the Walking Dead, is it is a story of Survival, instead of Nuclear Bombs you have Zombies.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

YES! FAGGOTS FROM OUTER SPACE!
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Having been a fan of Star Trek since the original series (TOS), remembering Sulu dancing around in that one episode with the sword (Naked Time), then to find out he was "one of those" several years ago -

Then Quinto does much the same thing. Now I can never think of Spock again without thinking about that.

I actually enjoyed Next Gen. but was disappointed in DS9. That may have been because they didn't really go anyplace compared to the first two. It also seemed to concentrate on "war" more than any other. Voyager had a lot of "violence" in it because of their predicament, but was still pretty good. Enterprise was interesting in that, being a prequel, they had two or three aliens in it that were "new" to Trek. Why introduce new aliens that were never seen in TOS or NG? DISCONTINUITY!!

As for Orville, the commercials I have seen already have turned me off, as has the trailer for ST: Discovery. The fact that only the first episode of ST: Discovery will air on CBS will make it easy to avoid the rest. It will then die the ignoble death it deserves.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I am hoping that Orville is a comedy that parodies the original Star Trek. I intend to give it one episode before deciding further.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/07/star-tre...itical-divide/

It gets worse. The KLINGONS are based on Trump Supporters.