Thread: Equifax hacked!

Equifax hacked!

Up to 143,000,000 SS#s, names, birthdays and even dl numbers taken.
    Our consumer credit guy is saying to freeze your credit now.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Pretty sad when one of the three credit monitoring companies can't be trusted to keep everything secure. Funny, that the number they publish just happens to be very near every person in the United States that has credit. That number is not half the population but the whole population of people with reported credit.

They are offering one year of credit monitoring to those who sign up? Sorry, but they should automatically sign everyone up that they screwed by their "flaw in the system".

Equifax said it discovered the breach on July 29, 2017 but did not publicly disclose the information until Sept. 7, 2017.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Oy Vey!

Better freeze your credit Goy...
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

They've set up a web-site where you can check to see if your personal info was part of the breach:

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/

They are also going to be sending notices in the mail to everyone whose data was most seriously leaked.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

ID theft should be an immediate hanging from nearest light pole to the court house after verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    ID theft should be an immediate hanging from nearest light pole to the court house after verdict.
    I agree. Especially if the victim is elderly or more vulnerable to being taken advantage of.

Nothing pisses me off more than hearing about some scammers who trick some unsuspecting seniors into divulging personal details, so these assholes can steal their identities and drain all their bank accounts of their entire life savings. Everything they've lived and worked for their entire lives, gone in the blink of an eye...

Mother fuckers need to be drawn and quartered...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    They are also going to be sending notices in the mail to everyone whose data was most seriously leaked.
    For lack of a better term there seems to be a type of "irony" in that
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

In this modern age where private data is constantly under threat of being compromised I wonder if we get to the point where social security numbers become irrelevant.it would be nice to be able to return to the age of anonymity, it would make a lot of the Democrats long term plans difficult to implement.

There's a huge class action lawsuit on now over this hack.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    There's a huge class action lawsuit on now over this hack.
    BFD.

The attorneys will get millions and we will get $1.73 and a free credit report. Of the the three reporting companies Equifax is considered the absolute bottom of the barrel. Lots of inaccurate and incomplete info.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    With everything going to online computerization, hacking is going to be a serious problem that better be addressed. While reading how Equifax has screwed virtually everyone in this country, I saw an article about an Ohio city that was looking to go 100 percent automated. I have no doubt that if they get their wish, and everyone drives "driverless cars" and everything is run by computer, one day I will read about hundreds of cars crashing as someone has hacked into the system and taken over control of signals and car to car communication.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/08/inve...ach/index.html
    Three Equifax executives sold shares of the credit-reporting company worth nearly $2 million shortly after a massive data breach was discovered. The sales occurred before the company announced the breach to the public on Thursday.
    Equifax told CNNMoney that the sales were just a "small percentage" of what these executives own and that they all "had no knowledge that an intrusion had occurred" when they made the sales.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

I saw that and think it is a non issue thing. They sold the stock before they could have known,
    so where is any story except to try and punish something.

be the heat..

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I agree. Especially if the victim is elderly or more vulnerable to being taken advantage of.

Nothing pisses me off more than hearing about some scammers who trick some unsuspecting seniors into divulging personal details, so these assholes can steal their identities and drain all their bank accounts of their entire life savings. Everything they've lived and worked for their entire lives, gone in the blink of an eye...

Mother fuckers need to be drawn and quartered...
    You never stop amazing me LAGC. A leftist that is okay with the death penalty. You're one of the few on the left. You're alright guy! A lefty that I could sit down with and actually discuss issues honestly.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    You never stop amazing me LAGC. A leftist that is okay with the death penalty. You're one of the few on the left. You're alright guy! A lefty that I could sit down with and actually discuss issues honestly.
    While he is not conservative, in some ways I do think we are rubbing off on him!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Yes. It has been a interesting process. But never forget where he started.......

be the heat..

And now comes the ambulance chasers, I see a class action law suit, translation lawyers/weasel's get rich while everyone else gets hosed.