Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On UFOs and making contact with them?

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway

On UFOs and making contact with them?

As far as I know, there is no universally accepted evidence of aliens visiting Earth.

If you happened to find yourself in close enough proximity to one, would you consider opening fire on it to force a confrontation? The purpose being to disable it or to get some kind of physical evidence.

Would you be willing to risk a confrontation that might result in Earth having to face a superior alien culture just to prove aliens exist?

I think I would just to force the issue out into the open.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Any culture smart and advanced enough to overcome the distances of space and time should also be smart enough to know that we are a horrible mess and not to risk making contact.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Any culture smart and advanced enough to overcome the distances of space and time should also be smart enough to know that we are a horrible mess and not to risk making contact.
    All the ones I've seen are ugly as hell. Why bother looking for them?

But, they are pretty damned smart, though.

"Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I have no doubt there is other intelligent life out there in this incredibly vast cosmos of ours.

I agree with Stephen Hawking's assessment though -- chances are, any alien civilization advanced enough to somehow defeat the speed-limit of light, would likely view us as little more than pesky primitive insects needing to be wiped out so they could freely drain Earth of its resources. Either an advanced bio-weapon to kill all life on this planet or just fire a super-weapon into the sun to deny us its radiant energy, and the entire food-chain collapses from the plants on up.

That's why I don't think we've been visited yet. Because if he had, we probably wouldn't still be here to talk about it.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

shit in my mouth.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Do liberal moon bats count?
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Do liberal moon bats count?
    We could offer them to the aliens as food stock, or cheap slave labor.

Seriously, no one has any ideas what you would do if you did have the chance?
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

When those assholes are revealed to the world by the nwo, they will be literal demons from hell disguised as space aliens. And people will fall for it.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I'd ask them to see their gun room
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Not sure we would like it if they did come here.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    As far as I know, there is no universally accepted evidence of aliens visiting Earth.

If you happened to find yourself in close enough proximity to one, would you consider opening fire on it to force a confrontation? The purpose being to disable it or to get some kind of physical evidence.

Would you be willing to risk a confrontation that might result in Earth having to face a superior alien culture just to prove aliens exist?

I think I would just to force the issue out into the open.
    If "aliens" ever visited earth, they have figured out how to either beat or cheat the speed of light barrier. I'll bet that if they've been here they did the latter (cheated the speed of light with some kind of wormhole).

As far as "confronting" or "opening fire" on an alien visitor, my answer is HELL NO. Wars are won mostly with superior technology, and the mere fact that they were here means they have vastly superior technology.

I WOULD, however, try to make contact with them and try to communicate. In fact, I've thought of ways how to do just that.... establish a rudimentary common language between them and us. It shouldn't be too difficult.

And, if they came here to conquer us... not much we could do about it anyway.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I have no doubt there is other intelligent life out there in this incredibly vast cosmos of ours.
    Statistically, it is impossible for us to "be alone".

Look up the "Drake equation". It's very pessimistic, yet it yields an incredibly huge number for the number of possible planets with self-aware life.

BTW, I am currently writing a sci-fi novel which begins with humans finally figuring out how to generate stable and controlled fusion. With the now limitless power available, NASA and other space agencies are building an orbital platform that will (if it works) be able to create a number of small singularities and when properly arranged will "point" in one direction, warping space so that the desired destination is "warped" into being closer than it is. (Think of phased array radar that uses a number of sources with varying power and phase shifts to "steer" the radar beam without the radar antenna needing to move. That's how the singularity derived "warp hole" will be pointed).

The first (successful) test will be an attempt to bring Mars within 100,000 km of the platform, then a conventional (rocket propulsion) spacecraft will attempt to fly to Mars and enter orbit by making a small (100,000 km) flight.

Not going to give away all the story (and there will be a lot more that just "warping" destinations into easy reach (and spoiler - the first attempt to fly to Mars fails due to something simple that nobody thought of... all of the interplanetary dust and debris between Earth and Mars is also "warped" into the path... making what is normally an almost perfect vacuum into an almost solid wall of debris).

Eventually, the fusion reactors will be on-board much larger spacecraft (built in orbit) and they will be self contained (make their own warp "path" and provide propulsion to fly through it).

The book will probably end up being one of those 95 cent things on Amazon that nobody wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    BTW, I am currently writing a sci-fi novel which begins with humans finally figuring out how to generate stable and controlled fusion. With the now limitless power available, NASA and other space agencies are building an orbital platform that will (if it works) be able to create a number of small singularities and when properly arranged will "point" in one direction, warping space so that the desired destination is "warped" into being closer than it is. (Think of phased array radar that uses a number of sources with varying power and phase shifts to "steer" the radar beam without the radar antenna needing to move. That's how the singularity derived "warp hole" will be pointed).

The first (successful) test will be an attempt to bring Mars within 100,000 km of the platform, then a conventional (rocket propulsion) spacecraft will attempt to fly to Mars and enter orbit by making a small (100,000 km) flight.

Not going to give away all the story (and there will be a lot more that just "warping" destinations into easy reach (and spoiler - the first attempt to fly to Mars fails due to something simple that nobody thought of... all of the interplanetary dust and debris between Earth and Mars is also "warped" into the path... making what is normally an almost perfect vacuum into an almost solid wall of debris).

Eventually, the fusion reactors will be on-board much larger spacecraft (built in orbit) and they will be self contained (make their own warp "path" and provide propulsion to fly through it).

The book will probably end up being one of those 95 cent things on Amazon that nobody wants.
    Or, you could get Hitlary to write the forward for your book. That, alone, should bring in millions of dollars and put it Number One on the NYT Bestsellers list. You can't lose with backing like that.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

Right on. Post a link here for us when you finally decide to publish. I'm always down for a cheap 99¢ "weekend quick-read" Kindle novel.

I've been playing around with the idea of authoring something myself, it does appear to be awfully easy to publish through Amazon/Kindle.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Right on. Post a link here for us when you finally decide to publish. I'm always down for a cheap 99¢ "weekend quick-read" Kindle novel.

I've been playing around with the idea of authoring something myself, it does appear to be awfully easy to publish through Amazon/Kindle.
    That's how Hitlary does it.

It's, probably, the only way she can get her lies published.

Freedom isn't free.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I would expect them to serve man.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I would expect them to serve man.

Freedom isn't free.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I wonder how they would taste after a session on the charcoal Weber?
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast