Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On UFOs and making contact with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Statistically, it is impossible for us to "be alone".

Look up the "Drake equation". It's very pessimistic, yet it yields an incredibly huge number for the number of possible planets with self-aware life.
    Sagan had an easier way of putting that. He postulated that:
    If 1/10 of 1% of the stars in the Milky Way had planets;
    If 1/10 of 1% of the planets were in the habitable zone;
    If 1/10 of 1% of the planets in the habitable zone supported life;
    If 1/10 of 1% of the planets with life developed intelligent life;
    then that incredibly small percentage would STILL mean there would be (mathematically speaking) millions of planets with intelligent life.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Sagan had an easier way of putting that. He postulated that:
    If 1/10 of 1% of the stars in the Milky Way had planets;
    If 1/10 of 1% of the planets were in the habitable zone;
    If 1/10 of 1% of the planets in the habitable zone supported life;
    If 1/10 of 1% of the planets with life developed intelligent life;
    then that incredibly small percentage would STILL mean there would be (mathematically speaking) millions of planets with intelligent life.
    Unless it takes more than mathematical odds for life to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I actually think it's a moot point. Even if there are other planets who have sentient and intelligent life like we do, EVEN with advance space travel technology, we just spread too damned far apart for ANYONE to reach anyone else.

I'm not so well versed as to the WHY, but apparently the faster you travel, the slower time moves for you, so if you take a Faster than Light trip, hundreds of years can have passed by the time you get to where you're going. What would be the point? Everyone you know is dead and buried in the time it takes you to take a quick joy ride? So I have a very simple understanding of this, but I figured thats how it works.

At any way, I just think ANY planet, even the one with nothing but hot women on it.... Are just too far away for ANY space trip (or at least worth if from any monetary or time perspective). So the vastness of the Universe, pretty much guarantees that we will all be forever .... ALONE with our own respective planets.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I actually think it's a moot point. Even if there are other planets who have sentient and intelligent life like we do, EVEN with advance space travel technology, we just spread too damned far apart for ANYONE to reach anyone else.

I'm not so well versed as to the WHY, but apparently the faster you travel, the slower time moves for you, so if you take a Faster than Light trip, hundreds of years can have passed by the time you get to where you're going. What would be the point? Everyone you know is dead and buried in the time it takes you to take a quick joy ride? So I have a very simple understanding of this, but I figured thats how it works.

At any way, I just think ANY planet, even the one with nothing but hot women on it.... Are just too far away for ANY space trip (or at least worth if from any monetary or time perspective). So the vastness of the Universe, pretty much guarantees that we will all be forever .... ALONE with our own respective planets.
    Actually, I think we've been visited already. The aliens found us to be rather primitive and decided to use our planet as a prison/junk planet. That would explain all the liberals we have in our midst.

Phuking aliens.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

My general philosophy in life is don't kill anything that doesn't need to (And justifiably) be killed.

Personally, I'd run for the hills if I encountered an alien. I definitely wouldn't kill one unless I was in the process of being abducted; my thought process is that shooting and killing an alien would seal your fate, and that you'll be vaporized within moments by the aliens' angry friends.

Also, this is a pretty interesting video on the topic of alien life existing.

Last edited by Justin; 09-19-2017 at 03:32 PM.

These aliens are pretty good looking.

From the TV Series, "V."

Or these....

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

There is all kinds of Videos on youtube.com of Aliens on the Moon, Things walking on the Moon, Buildings, Plus there a Video about us nuking an Alien Base on the Moon! Plus Russian Videos of a series of Russian Space Craft called Zond They state the Russians Crashed on the Moon! Plus Zond 3 Blew up on Reentry to Earth. there were 7 Zond Misions? Never heard of them! I would think if we had Attacked someone on the Moon, they would have come after us by now! The Chinese landed a Rover on the Moon last Year, and have been taking Photos of the Surface. Then they stopped. Until someone lands with People and Live camera's we won't really know. We have always heard the Government is hiding UFO Information from us to prevent wide spread Panic, well ask yourself this Question, If we knew a Fleet of Hostile UFO's were coming for us, What can you really do? Fight, Hide, Panic, who knows? Paul
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 09-19-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    My general philosophy in life is don't kill anything that doesn't need to (And justifiably) be killed.
    I wasn't thinking of killing anyone, just firing on the ship or a piece of equipment in the hoes of disabling something and forcing them to leave it behind. That would be pretty solid evidence if you could capture something material.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

There is no way HUMANS can claim this one as their own!!!

There is no way HUMANS can claim this one as their own!!!
    This photo has to be taken down.

I think there's something in the Constitution about not subjecting people to cruel and unusual punishment.

This is both cruel AND unusual.

Freedom isn't free.

God, in His infinite wisdom, separated various self-aware life forms via the speed of light to prevent domination of one civilization by another.

That, or we still don't know how to warp space to bring immensely far destinations close enough to reach.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    How do you define "life"?

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    This photo has to be taken down.

I think there's something in the Constitution about not subjecting people to cruel and unusual punishment.

This is both cruel AND unusual.
    TM should be perma-banned for posting that hideous image and you should get at least 3 months off for re-posting it.

I almost tossed my lunch. Twice.

Bastards.

This is on Netflix. Unacknowledged. It is about this discussion. I watched about half and some of it was very interesting.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    TM should be perma-banned for posting that hideous image and you should get at least 3 months off for re-posting it.

I almost tossed my lunch. Twice.

Bastards.
    My mouse melted and my fingerprints on my right hand dissolved when I re-posted it. The feeling in my fingers is just starting to come back now.

No matter which race claims her, she is one ugly bitch.

Freedom isn't free.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    This is on Netflix. Unacknowledged. It is about this discussion. I watched about half and some of it was very interesting.
    Name of program please?!?!

There was a time when it was believed that the human body could not withstand speeds in excess of 60 mph. Even the worst vehicle on the road today proves how short sighted man was. Then there was the "sound barrier" which today is not really a barrier other than the complaints about broken windows because our super aircraft have very little problem exceeding "Mach 1". So with that in mind, "Warp Factor 1" might not be so star trekkie but something we have yet to figure out. Bending light so that we don't get caught up in that space/time continuum.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    These aliens are pretty good looking.

From the TV Series, "V."
    Until the "costumes" come off!!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Oh, yeah.

Freedom isn't free.

That could mean two entirely different things! (one good, one bad)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast