Thread: Blue Solid heavy gauge Steel Mail Box broke in to!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation Blue Solid heavy gauge Steel Mail Box broke in to!

Had I not seen it I would not believe it! Those Blue Steel Mail Boxes you see around your Town, are some of the heaviest grade Steel I have seen. Normally they are attached to a heavy concrete Mount to weigh it down. I had gone to the North Palm Beach Post Office to do some maintenance, I looked out front and saw one of the Boxes all beat up. I had thought the Hurricane last week had Damaged it somehow! Nope! it was broke into! I don't see how! Unless you have an Arrow Box Key for the Bottom Drawer, The only other way I could see to open some thing this Heavy and well Built is with either a Tank, a Heavy gauge Drill, to drill out the Arrow Box Lock, or a Welder Set. What ever they used tore apart the top of the Box! What ever was in that Box, they wanted bad, I don't see how they did this! The North Palm Beach Post Office, Built in 1961, is the 2nd oldest Post Office in WPB still in Service. On US1, South of PGA Blvd. and North of Northlake Blvd. It is in plain sight! and not far from the North Palm Beach Police Office How they did this is amazing, as bending that heavy Steel would make a lot of Noise! All they had to do is drill out the Arrow Lock. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Not only does the USPS have their own law enforcement agency (Postal Inspection Service), they have one of the highest conviction rates in law enforcement.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Yea, they took it away today. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021