Thread: should i trade my ruger SR1911 for an H&K USP?

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

should i trade my ruger SR1911 for an H&K USP?

I been offered the above trade. The usp is in .40 s&w... Both guns are in excellent condition... WWJD?
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Never handled a USP but even though .40 cal isn't a favorite of mine if the H&K is to your liking go for it. Price wise new the H&K might have $50 more value than the Ruger
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Is up to your taste and how happy you are with the Ruger. I prefer the 1911 so I'd keep it.

That puts me in quite the quandary ... other than the 10-22 and MK series 22 pistols I don't much care for anything Ruger ... but I'm not a fan of the 40 either.
    A couple years ago I bought the remainder of a pawn shops gun and ammo inventory which included about 1500 rounds of 40 ... I always thought I'd sell it at a gun show but for some reason didn't. Then last year when I was in a small shop of a old gunshow buddy and saw a NOS CZ 75 TS in 40, it spoke to me and said "take me home" ... I had to have it (but I bought a 9mm barrel for it) and a week later at a show I picked up a Glock 23 but I have a threaded 9mm barrel I'd bought for my G19 ... so when 40SW fades in to obscurity, I'll still be able to dress to the 9's.

by the way that trade for the H&K was a great decision. It is the most pleasant to shoot and accurate pistol I have. the thing points really naturally and feels good in the hand. It is by far my favourite handgun right now.

That's cool that all worked out for you and you like it. I had a usp .45 tactical for a few years and it was great, very accurate and soft shooting. Mags weren't cheap, like $80 at the time. Sold it and got something else, but wish I hadn't let it go. A friend of mine has a usp .40 like you have and he loves it.

I figured this had come to a conclusion ... After all, the thread is a 3 month+ old!

I really like HK's and have a USP 45 Tactical and it's one of my favorites too, as you say it's a natural pointer and it's comfortable enough you can shoot it all day ... but I still likes me some 1911

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I've become a total HK fanboi. I've got a VP-9 Tactical (threaded barrel and night sights) and have a HK45 Compact Tactical V1 (threaded barrel and night sights, DA/SA with decocker and cocked and locked ability) on layaway.

I absolutely would have traded the Ruger for the HK if I was already into 40.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I've become a total HK fanboi. I've got a VP-9 Tactical (threaded barrel and night sights) and have a HK45 Compact Tactical V1 (threaded barrel and night sights, DA/SA with decocker and cocked and locked ability) on layaway.

I absolutely would have traded the Ruger for the HK if I was already into 40.
    When do you get to take her home?