Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL players erupt in anger over Trump's remarks

Angry NFL players erupt in anger over Trump's remarks

This shit right here is why I don't watch football anymore. Fuck the NFL!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0cdc773318071

National Football League stars past and present are expressing outrage after President Donald Trump used an address in Huntsville, Alabama, on Friday to attack players who protest during the national anthem.

During what was supposed to be a stump speech for Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.), Trump drifted away from campaigning to ask members of the crowd if they’d “love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now, he’s fired?’”

He also encouraged fans to boycott the league over the protests.

Trump did not reference by name San Francisco 49ers former player Colin Kaepernick, who took a knee during the national anthem before games last year to protest police brutality and racial injustice.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...rom-protecting

The head of the NFL Players Association, the union representing professional football players, said Saturday that the union “will never back down” from supporting players' right to protest.

The statement follows President Trump saying Friday night that people should “pick up and leave” NFL games if players kneel as a form of protest during the national anthem.

“Whether or not [NFL commissioner] Roger [Goodell] and the owners will speak for themselves about their views on player rights and their commitment to player safety remains to be seen,” NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith said in a statement.

“This union, however, will never back down when it comes to protecting the constitutional rights of our players as citizens as well as their safety as men who compete in a game that exposes them to great risks," he continued.
    Trump told a crowd at a rally for Alabama Senate candidate Luther Strange (R) on Friday night that NFL players will stop kneeling if crowds started leaving games.

"When people like yourselves turn on television and you see those people taking the knee when they are playing our great national anthem – the only thing you could do better is if you see it, even if it's one player, leave the stadium," Trump said. "I guarantee things will stop."

Trump also said NFL owners should fire players if they refuse to stand during the national anthem.

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a b---- off the field right now,'" he continued, adding, "'He is fired.'"

Trump also accused NFL referees of “ruining the game” by penalizing players who “hit too hard.”

“Today, if you hit too hard…15 yards, throw him out of the game,” Trump said. “They are ruining the game, right?”

Multiple NFL players have fired back at Trump, with one Washington Redskins player telling him to “stay in your place” following his comments.

Trump has previously attacked NFL player Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the national anthem to protest the treatment of people of color in America. He also suggested Kaepernick remains an unsigned, free agent because he wouldn’t stand for the anthem.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

What "rights" , they're on the clock in a uniform.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I love it!! Funny as hell
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

just change the channel, better yet turn it off. it'll help stop global warming.

This is the clip of what Trump said about NFL players taking a knee for the National Anthem. How dare him!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

If I ever see a Viking protesting on the field, it's bye bye time. Enough with these spoiled pampered overpaid entertainers. Shut up and sing as Ann Coulter would say.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Screw the NFL. People are discovering there is better stuff to do than watch these clowns.

The NFL, both players and owners, overestimate their value to the people who pay hard earned money to see their games.

I liked what Trump had to say, but he should have aggressively promoted a boycott. I would like to see someone with influence do this, i.e., push and organize a boycott, and thereby put an end the NFL. I would add a comment here about what I think of the overpaid players, but I don't want to be perceived as a racist.

In summary, fuck football and fuck the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    The NFL, both players and owners, overestimate their value to the people who pay hard earned money to see their games.

I liked what Trump had to say, but he should have aggressively promoted a boycott. I would like to see someone with influence do this, i.e., push and organize a boycott, and thereby put an end the NFL. I would add a comment here about what I think of the overpaid players, but I don't want to be perceived as a racist.

In summary, fuck football and fuck the NFL.
    Hockey is a much better and athletic sport anyway. The NHL also has A LARGE amount of immigrants who came here LEGALLY from Russia, Eastern Europe, Canada, etc..., and they are more than happy to stand and respect the National Anthem at their games. The NFL on the other hand is made up of little ingrates who never lived in third world shitholes like Russia; and therefore don't have the ability to appreciate this country and what makes it THE GREATEST on the planet.

If you worry about being perceived as a anything, you already are. But I do not wish for
    the potus to promote boycotts of anything. That is not their place.

be the heat..

I hope this spreads to nba, and the entire bread and circuses pro sports paradigm loses its ass.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

As has already been stated before, phuk the NFL.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Trying to remember the last time I watched any "pro" sport game other than the local football team who does help the local economy.

Last baseball game I watched was before they went on strike. I couldn't understand grown men making millions playing a kid's game complaining about conditions or what ever.

NFL, NBA, MLB are all dead to me, fuck these spoiled jerk offs, got better things to do than listen to these assholes whine about the greatest country on earth.

It seems Stephen Curry was uninvited to the WH by the POTUS for not wanting to be there.

be the heat..

And now the scumbag NFL commissioner has the nerve to call Trump's comments "divisive." Fuck you Goodell; you are filth!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...k-respect.html

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Saturday that President Trump’s recent comments about players kneeling during the national anthem are “divisive” and show a “lack of respect” for the pro football league and its players.

“The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture," he said in a statement. "Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.”

Goodell's statement follows Trump's comments during a rally Friday night in Alabama in which he slammed NFL players for knealing during the national anthem.

“We’re proud of our country," Trump said. "We respect our flag. Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say get that son of a b---h off the field, right now, out? He’s fired.”

Professional quarterback Colin Kaepernick, when he played last year for the San Francisco 49ers, knelt during the playing of the anthem before the start of games, in protest to police brutality and other concerns about the direction the direction of the country.

Other NFL players have since followed Kaepernick’s actions.

$$$ and promotions going down the drain..... Good job Goodell. you done fucked up.

I'd have no problem if these players did this OUTSIDE of games. BUT ... You don't dare disrespect the Flag or the Anthem.

Kaepernick cant play cause he has too many hits on on him. BY BLACKS
    Last edited by Helen Keller; 09-23-2017 at 10:38 PM.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    $$$ and promotions going down the drain..... Good job Goodell. you done fucked up.

I'd have no problem if these players did this OUTSIDE of games. BUT ... You don't dare disrespect the Flag or the Anthem.

Kaepernick cant play cause he has too many hits on on him. BY BLACKS
    That's the way I feel as well! Whatever you do off the clock is fine by me, but they are doing this crap while "on the job." Mark Dice summed it up best on twitter.

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/911664353782374406

"Your boss can fire you if you piss off customers at work, and so the NFL can, and should fire the clowns who #TakeAKnee during National Anthem."

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    And now the scumbag NFL commissioner has the nerve to call Trump's comments "divisive." Fuck you Goodell; you are filth!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...k-respect.html

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Saturday that President Trump’s recent comments about players kneeling during the national anthem are “divisive” and show a “lack of respect” for the pro football league and its players.

“The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture," he said in a statement. "Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.”

Goodell's statement follows Trump's comments during a rally Friday night in Alabama in which he slammed NFL players for knealing during the national anthem.

“We’re proud of our country," Trump said. "We respect our flag. Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say get that son of a b---h off the field, right now, out? He’s fired.”

Professional quarterback Colin Kaepernick, when he played last year for the San Francisco 49ers, knelt during the playing of the anthem before the start of games, in protest to police brutality and other concerns about the direction the direction of the country.

Other NFL players have since followed Kaepernick’s actions.
    Goodell fails to see that these players are "disrespecting" the Nation's Flag. The very symbol that represents the whole country, yet, he prefers to call Trump's comments about these anti-American ingrates, disrespectful.

Goodell needs to get his head out of his ass and start looking at what's really going on around him.

It's far past time for the NFL to implode. And, they're not smart enough to realize they're bringing it on themselves.

I have an idea the Super Bowl isn't going to be so super in the near future. Sponsors are going to start pulling advertisements shortly.

Damn, the Left is really killing everything now.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Now, MLB is doing it. I have an idea the MLB is going to implode faster than the NFL. I don't think MLB fans will put up with this anti-American protest as much as NFL fans will.

Pretty soon, all major sports are going to take a hit if this crap keeps up.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rookie-...014645663.html

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast