Thread: Hillary Really is a Clueless B*tch

Thumbs down Hillary Really is a Clueless B*tch

Hillary Clinton on guns in What Happened - Hitting Sanders hard on his pro NRA voting

Page 185-186
    Guns became a flash point in both the primaries and the general election. Bernie Sanders, who loved to talk about how "true progressives" never bow to political realities or powerful interests, had long bowed to the political reality of his rural state of Vermont and supported the NRA's key priorities, including voting against the Brady Bill five times in the 1990s. In 2005, he voted for that special immunity law that protects gun makers and sellers from being sued when their weapons are used in deadly attacks. The NRA said the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act was the most important gun-related legislation in more than twenty years. Then-Senator Barack Obama and I had voted against it. I couldn't believe Bernie continued to support the law ten years later when he ran for President.
    I hammered him on the issue every chance I got. We had a revealing exchange in a town hall debate in March 2016. A man stepped up to the microphone to ask a question. His fourteen-year-old daughter had been shot in the head during a shooting spree outside a Cracker Barrel restaurant. After a few scary days on life support, she pulled through and ended up being the lone survivor of the attack. The father asked what we were going to do to address the epidemic of gun violence stalking our country.
    "I am looking at your daughter, and I'm very grateful that she is laughing and she is on the road to recovery," I said. "But it never should have happened." I told him about some of the steps I wanted to take to keep families safe, including repealing the immunity protection for gun manufacturers. The moderator then asked Bernie his thoughts about a new lawsuit challenging that corporate immunity. To my surprised, the Senator doubled down. He argued passionately that people like me who talked about suing gun makers were really talking about "ending gun manufacturing in America." To him, the idea that a manufacturer could be held liable for what happens with its gun was tantamount to saying that "there should not be any guns in America." I couldn't have disagreed more strongly. No other industry in our country has the kind of protection he supported for gun manufacturers. And in every other situation, he was the loudest voice in the room calling for corporations to be held accountable for their actions. Why was this one issue so different? As I told the crowd, it was like he was reading straight from the NRA's talking points. After months of pressure from activists and victims' families, Bernie finally said he would reconsider his vote.

Page 180
    The politics of guns have been toxic for a long time. Despite the fact that, according to a June 2017 Quinnipiac University poll, 94 percent of Americans support comprehensive background checks for gun sales, including 92 percent of gun owners, many politicians have shied away from taking on the NRA. The vocal minority of voters against gun safety laws have historically been more organized, better funded, and more willing to be single-issue voters.
    In the 1990s, my husband fought hard to pass both a ten-year ban on assault weapons and the Brady Bill, which, for the first time, required background checks on many gun purchases at federally licensed firearms dealers. In the years since, that law has blocked more than two million purchases by convicted felons, domestic abusers, and fugitives. The NRA funded an intense backlash to the new safety measures and helped defeat a lot of Democratic members of Congress in the disastrous 1994 midterm elections. Then, in 2000, the NRA helped beat Al Gore.

Page 182
    Wayne LaPierre helped make the NRA one of the most reactionary and dangerous organizations in America. Instead of being concerned with the interests of everyday gun owners, many of who support commonsense safety protections, the NRA has essentially become a wholly owned subsidiary of the powerful corporations that make and sell guns. Their bottom line and twisted ideology are all that matters to them, even if it costs thousands of American lives every year.

Page 183
    After the massacre of nine parishioners at Mother Emanuel Church in Charleston, South Carolina, in June 2015, my team focused on why the twenty-one-year-old white supremacist killer was able to buy a gun despite having an arrest record that should have been flagged by the required background check. We found that, under the current law, if a background check is not completed after three days, a store is free to sell a gun with no questions asked. This is the result of an amendment the NRA designed and pushed through Congress during the debate over the Brady Bill in 1993. Experts say that more than fifty-five thousand gun sales that should have been blocked have been allowed to proceed because of what we started calling the "Charleston loophole." I made closing it and other gun loopholes a major part of my campaign.

Page 188-189
    All told, the gun lobby spent more than $30 million supporting Trump, more money than any other outside group and more than double what it spent to support Mitt Romney in 2012. About two-thirds of that money paid for more than ten thousands negative ads attacking me in battleground states. The organization didn't have the guts to take on my specific policy proposals - which were widely popular, even with a lot of gun owners. Instead, it went for fear mongering and demonizing. In one ad, a woman is alone in bed when a robber breaks into the house. "Don't let Hillary leave you protected with nothing but a phone," the narrator warns, suggesting falsely that I would have stopped law-abiding Americans from having guns.

I'm sure that some of my fellow Democrats will look at this high-priced onslaught and conclude, as many have in the past, that standing up to the NRA just isn't worth it. Some may put gun safety on the chopping block alongside reproductive rights as "negotiable," so as not to distract from populist economics. Who knows - the same might happen to criminal justice reform and racial justice more broadly. That would be a terrible mistake. Democrats should not respond to my defeat by retreating from our strong commitments on these life-or-death issues. The vast majority of Americans agree that we need to do more on gun safety. This is a debate we can win if we keep at it.
    You dumb broad. Your beating the drum on this issue is probably the single biggest factor that turned rural voters out against you in so many of those crucial swing states that even your best pollsters didn't foresee.

Even Bernie was smart enough to know that you can't sue gun manufacturers for making a product that WORKS AS INTENDED. How would that work out in any other industry? Sue a car maker over negligent automobile deaths even though the cars are functioning as they are supposed to? Of course they'd be sued out of business if this was allowed.

Thank the stars she will never be running for office ever again.
    Last edited by LAGC; 09-24-2017 at 03:32 AM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

It all boils down to hate.

Hitlary is a Hater.

She hates Bernie. She hates Trump. She hates Bill. She hates the Dimocrat Party. She hates Republicans. She hates voters. She hates women. She hates blacks. She hates herself. She hates America.

Everything action she performs is steeped in a basic hatred of everything. She hates everything.

She hates life, itself.

She is consumed with hatred to the point she hates reality.

Anything she does, says, writes, or hints at is based on her hatred of everything.

She is not a happy person and wants everyone else to be as unhappy as she is. She will go to extremes to feed her hatred. The more people she can make unhappy, the more she feels her worth.

She values hatred and will do anything to see that her hatred come to fruition.

Hitlary is the epitome of self-loathing, self-gratification, and self-aggrandizement.

Her whole sense of being is built up around hatred.

In essence, she is an evil bitch all the way through.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

It it both hate and sexual sublimation channeled into a desire for power and a need to tell other people what to do and control them.

All these anti-gunners could demonstrate their position via deeds rather than words, i.e., order their bodyguards to disarm. Of course, this never happens.

More proof, as if any were required;
    In swipe at Trump, Clinton names Merkel as her favorite world leader
    One of my favorites is Angela Merkel because I think she’s been an extraordinary, strong leader during difficult times in Europe, which has obvious implications for the rest of the world and, most particularly, our country.”
    http://www.politico.eu/article/in-sw...-world-leader/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    More proof, as if any were required;
    In swipe at Trump, Clinton names Merkel as her favorite world leader
    One of my favorites is Angela Merkel because I think she’s been an extraordinary, strong leader during difficult times in Europe, which has obvious implications for the rest of the world and, most particularly, our country.”
    http://www.politico.eu/article/in-sw...-world-leader/

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i have called them angela klinton and hillary merkel numerous times. i was hoping the resemblance would be called out in 2016 election.

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    i have called them angela klinton and hillary merkel numerous times. i was hoping the resemblance would be called out in 2016 election.
    They both look totally dried up (so to speak).

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down

The "Whore of Babylon" will be a problem for us till the Day she Die's. I Pray however, that Her Stupid, over Educated, inbred, Dog of a Daughter, never goes into Politics! Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    The "Whore of Babylon" will be a problem for us till the Day she Die's. I Pray however, that Her Stupid, over Educated, inbred, Dog of a Daughter, never goes into Politics! Paul
    Too late. I think I heard, on the radio, that she's planning on running for senator from NY.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Too late. I think I heard, on the radio, that she's planning on running for senator from NY.
    Apparently the Clintons think they're royalty and she should start at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Apparently the Clintons think they're royalty and she should start at the top.
    Her parents are hoping if they coerce enough people and pay enough people, she'll get "elected"..... If Cuomo can get elected Governor, then she stands a good chance of becoming its Senator....

Freedom isn't free.