Thread: Nice attic find.

Nice attic find.

holy crap!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Why can't I find a StG-44 with two loaded mags in MY attic?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

A quick flush with Remoil or some Corrosion X and I bet she'd rock even with the original ammo. Attic ain't the best for storage but better than some damp basement.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

I wonder what they did with it? Nice though.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

1. I think it's Polish, so presumably this is in Poland.
    2. I bet this is not "left there from WWII", clearly it was prepped and hidden for long term storage (Revolution against USSR?). I suppose it's possible it was hidden in the Warsaw uprising...but I think not. I could be wrong.
    3. Being in Central Europe, the humidity isn't bad (unlike, say, being left in an attic here in coastal South Carolina!) and yes, I agree, they could spray some WD40 in it and it would work immediately with the original ammo I bet.

Cool find.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Wow. Lovingly wrapped up with 2 loaded mags & sling no less....
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    1. I think it's Polish, so presumably this is in Poland.
    2. I bet this is not "left there from WWII", clearly it was prepped and hidden for long term storage (Revolution against USSR?). I suppose it's possible it was hidden in the Warsaw uprising...but I think not. I could be wrong.
    3. Being in Central Europe, the humidity isn't bad (unlike, say, being left in an attic here in coastal South Carolina!) and yes, I agree, they could spray some WD40 in it and it would work immediately with the original ammo I bet.

Cool find.
    The Warsaw ghetto uprising was in 1943 and I believe the Stg 44 wasn't officially adopted until late 44.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    The Warsaw ghetto uprising was in 1943 and I believe the Stg 44 wasn't officially adopted until late 44.
    Originally it was the MP43, and it was issued in mid to late 43. However, the Warsaw Uprising was in 1944 (different than the ghetto uprising). So, it's possible but I still think this was a postwar long term storage "just in case" thing.