Thread: Looking for an old B&W Wartime Movie.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Question Looking for an old B&W Wartime Movie.

It has disappeared. I saw it in the 1970's. I had thought it Starred Sir Cedric Hardwick and Otto Preminger as the SS Stumbann Fureher The Story of an Old English Man trying to get some Children out of Holland back to England in 1940. Does anyone remember the Movie? It ended with a Twist. The Sturm Bann fur her let them go. Do you remember why? Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I looked at Hardwick's filmography and couldn't find any movies he starred in that had that story line. He died in 1964.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0362567/

Nor, could I find anything that looked like your movie under Otto Preminger.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls003557388/

Do you remember anyone else that might have been in it?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

No I did the same Search too. I don't think it was Sebastian Cabot, but it was a Wartime Movie, They were caught by the Germans because one of the little Girls was trying to get her Cat, She spoke in English, and a German heard her, I had thought the Guy playing the SS Major was Preminger, but no, It is a great Story for an old Black and White Movie, made I think in 1942 or 43. The German ask the old Man if he would take a German Child also. and that is what saved them, as the German Majors Brother who had been Killed in the War, had an Orphan Daughter, who was half Jewish, The Mother had Died in an Air Raid. and he very much wanted to get her out of Nazi Controlled Holland. Great Movie, but I cannot remember the Actors, or the Name of the Film. I also know it was remade, but by who? Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021