Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 22 Pros? Cons?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoff12 View Post
    If you grew up shooting the 1911 with it’s 103 degree angle, it will feel odd and shoot as bit high. If you are used to a Luger angled grip, 109 to 110 degrees… no problem.
    Although I can aim and shoot a Glock about the same as any pistol; I can't point it and shoot nearly as well or as quickly with a Glock. As they don't offer corrective surgery; I am stuck with the 1911.. LOL

Sure it goes bang; however after years of owning pistols I haven't seen many malfunctions with any of the ones I own.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    I've owned two G22s, sold them both. Not that they weren't good guns. It's just that I am not a fan of the Glockenspiel grip angle.
    Another person with the Glock shoots well when aimed syndrome?

What Glock fans seem to forget is one of the reasons they prefer a Glock and won't go back is the same reason others won't go Glock.. It sort of reminds me of a liberal. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    Although I can aim and shoot a Glock about the same as any pistol; I can't point it and shoot nearly as well or as quickly with a Glock. As they don't offer corrective surgery; I am stuck with the 1911.. LOL
    Point shooting was always something I practiced. Grew up shooting the Smith 39 and Smith revolvers. Fired a few Lugers here and there. When I point shot, I always hit lower abdomen. When I went to the Glock, POA ended up in the high chest area so it worked out for me. Although I like the Glock grip angle, I slightly disliked the "smooth" feel of the grip. As the Generations progressed, the grips got better. I keep LWD Qwik Grips in my accessories box to fix that, though. Recently, I got my hands on the Gen 4 Glocks. Looks like they fixed the "feel" problem. I like the feel of the Gen 4 much better and don't feel the need for the grip enhancer. If that stands true, after I put a few more rounds down range, it will be the first handgun I ever owned that I didn't have to make some type of mod to the grip. I have had to replace the grips on every pistol I owned... Sig, any 1911, Walther... all of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    What Glock fans seem to forget is one of the reasons they prefer a Glock and won't go back is the same reason others won't go Glock.. It sort of reminds me of a liberal. lol

You're absolutely correct. Glocks are a "love - hate" pistol. Ya either love 'em or hate 'em. There is really no in between.
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

I was a Glock hater for a long time. I remember when they began to get popular back in the 80s. I couldn't accept a plastic pistol. Of course I was carrying a wheel gun as a duty weapon, LOL. Once we transitioned to the Beretta 92F, I began looking at other semi autos. I never warmed up to the Beretta. Once I actually shot a Glock and field stripped it and cleaned it, I was hooked. I did not bring any 1911 experience to the party however, so I was not accustomed to a different platform per se.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

DeadPool
    I hate the things, I guess if they fit your hand thats fine tho. If you ike 1911's but you dont want the low capacity, heavy ass dinosaur, look into XD's.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

The XD is an over complicated Glock.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Agreed. I like my XD but... yeah... you're right.
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoff12 View Post
    Agreed. I like my XD but... yeah... you're right.
    I have not shot an XD that has yet to impress me.

DeadPool
    Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    I never found it to be complicated at all. Same as the Glock, rack the slide and go, just a lot more comfortable 4 me.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    I never found it to be complicated at all. Same as the Glock, rack the slide and go, just a lot more comfortable 4 me.
    What I mean by complicated,the extra safety feature is not needed.I like the keep it simple principle for a combat handgun.I have been shooting the Glock for quite some time,it is just a natural extension for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    I hate the things, I guess if they fit your hand thats fine tho. If you ike 1911's but you dont want the low capacity, heavy ass dinosaur, look into XD's.
    No disrespect meant, but the XD is a Glock copy. Open one up. Same thing except with the 1911 angle and a grip safety.

I own a .45 tactical XD and a G19 and G23. I trust any of them with my life, but to say that the XD is better is crazy. Without the Glock, there would be no such thing as an XD.

In my opinion, there's no such thing as a con with a Glock. It's not that difficult. Just shoot it? I hear people complain about the angle of it, or this and that, but I don't get it. It's the AK of pistols and it's a gorgeous looking gun that's accurate and does it's job well. And that job is to protect your life with high capacity and reliability.
    Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

DeadPool
    Quote Originally Posted by F-16 CHIEF View Post
    No disrespect meant, but the XD is a Glock copy. Open one up. Same thing except with the 1911 angle and a grip safety.

I own a .45 tactical XD and a G19 and G23. I trust any of them with my life, but to say that the XD is better is crazy. Without the Glock, there would be no such thing as an XD.

In my opinion, there's no such thing as a con with a Glock. It's not that difficult. Just shoot it? I hear people complain about the angle of it, or this and that, but I don't get it. It's the AK of pistols and it's a gorgeous looking gun that's accurate and does it's job well. And that job is to protect your life with high capacity and reliability.
    I never said the XD was better really. (I might think it though) It just feels more like a 1911 and fits more naturally in my hand. Glocks feel like I'm trying to palm a phone book. Same capacity as a glock, feels like a 1911. I even tried one of those SF glocks, they still dont feel right. The only one that came close was the G-19 and it still doesnt compare to feel of the XD. Natural feel = faster follow up shots. Now this is for me, your mileage may vary.

That's cool. Go with what works for you. I like both. I'm just a fan of the original. I've honestly never thought twice about the grip angle.
    Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12