Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another mass church shooting has happened in Texas..

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

So the "eye witness" didn't actually see anything but heard gunshots and thought nothing of it?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

In the future they won't need pesky crisis actors or witnesses because they can create people out of thin air to suit the agenda;

Nvidia has found a novel (or creepy) way of generating photo-quality human faces. The graphics company used artificial intelligence to construct them out of celebrity images, and the results can be quite convincing.

Researchers at the company posted a video, which you can watch below, showing the vast collection of the synthesized human faces. Many look no different from photos of real people.
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/357068/nv...m-celebrity-ph
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I thought domestic violence was an instant disqualifier. If it got him thrown out if the airforce it must have been pretty bad.
    Yup, Lautenberg Act makes it unlawful for someone found guilty (actually I think it is just arrested, but I am not positive) of domestic violence to have firearms. This becomes an issue for armed sentries as the Lautenberg act prevents us from issuing firearms to those arrested or convicted of domestic violence, no matter what the story was (yelling and getting arrested is the same as actual physical violence).
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I will bet it was a private sale. If it was Caty bar the door. This is why I will not sell
    to someone that does not have a current carry permit.

But if it was a private sale it will be Wash. state type stuff and now the mental health aspect.
    Who will use what to decide for you.
    Don't know about the pistols but the rifle has been reported as purchased by the killer from an Academy Sports in San Antonio using a Colorado address. Not that that will make a difference to those pushing for "universal background checks."
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    In the future they won't need pesky crisis actors or witnesses because they can create people out of thin air to suit the agenda;

Nvidia has found a novel (or creepy) way of generating photo-quality human faces. The graphics company used artificial intelligence to construct them out of celebrity images, and the results can be quite convincing.

Researchers at the company posted a video, which you can watch below, showing the vast collection of the synthesized human faces. Many look no different from photos of real people.
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/357068/nv...m-celebrity-ph
    Check out the movie, "L.O.O.K.E.R." It was Sci-Fi then, but no longer....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Apparently the Air Force didn't put the shooters conviction and other disqualifying information into system per Pentagon directive. Basically a clerical oversight allowed him to pass the background checks.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

CNN is now reporting that the Good Samaritan was able to get off a couple clean shots:

(CNN) Devin Patrick Kelley, the gunman who killed 26 people at a Texas Baptist church, suffered three gunshot wounds, including a self-inflicted shot to the head, Texas authorities said Monday.

Kelley, 26, was also shot in the leg and torso by an armed citizen, said Freeman Martin of the Texas Department of Public Safety, citing autopsy results.

It was not immediately clear whether Kelley died from the self-inflicted gunshot wound or from being shot by the resident.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/us/tex...ing/index.html

Sounds like the perp was critically wounded, causing him to flee, and he only took his own life in the end because he knew he'd never be able to show up to a hospital to get treated for the other wounds without being arrested.

Once again, a "good guy with a gun" ended the threat.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

He would have still had to lie on the 4473. g and i
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Wow... so not only did the Good Samaritan engage the shooter, but he actually enlisted help and chased after him, pinning him down until the police could arrive.

As terrible as this tragedy was with so many innocent deaths, who knows how many more may have been averted? If not that other Baptist church down the road that may have been targeted next, who knows how many police could have fallen as well trying to subdue the suspect (who was wearing tactical helmet and vest), had he not been pursued and disabled by this true small-town Texas hero?

The only thing I disagreed about with that Crowder interview is that I wish he'd allow more mainstream media to interview him and get his story out. I know they are jackals, hounding him and harassing him and keeping him a prisoner in his own house, and I understand how he doesn't want the story to be about him but rather about the victims, but perhaps if more people realized just what a difference a random armed citizen can make in some of these situations, it could change public sentiment for the better.
    Last edited by LAGC; 11-07-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Not just Willeford, but that driver of the truck, Landgendorff, who put himself in harms way without even having a weapon himself is another bona fide hero that day as well:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...urch-attacker/

@ AK-J

Thanks for posting that video, good info.

Yep, it's confirmed:

Texas Gunman Devin Kelley Escaped from Mental Health Facility in 2012

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/te...y-2012-n818496

He was on a psychiatric treatment care plan. He was a nutcase, and had a history of mental health issues.

Wonder what psychotropic medications he was on at the time when he snapped?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Yep, it's confirmed:

Texas Gunman Devin Kelley Escaped from Mental Health Facility in 2012

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/te...y-2012-n818496

He was on a psychiatric treatment care plan. He was a nutcase, and had a history of mental health issues.

Wonder what psychotropic medications he was on at the time when he snapped?
    Probably none. That might have been what made him snap....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

A Chilling Account

Vonda recounted the eyewitness testimony of a nine year old child who survived the attack. The girl clearly and personally told Vonda that the assailant put a gun to his own head and shot himself. Vonda further stated that the girl later repeated the fact that the assailant put a gun to his head but did not repeat the fact that he shot himself. I would say it is a safe bet that the girl was accurately describing a suicide. There would be no reason for the assailant to put a gun to his head and then not fire.
    As It Was In Vegas, The Official Narrative Does Not Add Up

Paul Preston has a source that lives 3 miles from the scene of the crime and he is getting the EXACT same details as what Vonda described in that there are issues with the removal of the bodies, identification and crime scene integrity.

I have taken the facts as Vonda has described them and posed these facts to people I consider experts. Here is what they have universally concluded:

There were multiple shooters
    The reason that the idenfication of the bodies is being delayed is so the wounds can be surgically altered as much as possible. This is to conceal the fact that these people were likely shot with two different guns.
    Further, the restricted viewing aspect associated with the caskets at burial is to prevent people from seeing the conditions of the bodies as much as possible for the same reasons of concealment.
    http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/20...ot-being-told/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Apparently the Air Force didn't put the shooters conviction and other disqualifying information into system per Pentagon directive. Basically a clerical oversight allowed him to pass the background checks.
    I wonder what (if any) the liability will be for this oversight. Does sovereign immunity protect the Air Force?

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I wonder what (if any) the liability will be for this oversight.
    taking semi auto's from civilians?
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

There is Something Very Wrong with Official Story of the Sutherland Springs Church Shooting
    If he left his vehicle in the gas station parking lot and walked across the street shooting at the church… how did he jump in his vehicle just outside the entrance of the church after getting in a firefight with Stephen Willeford and shoot at him again as he sped off?
    https://willyloman.wordpress.com/201...urch-shooting/

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    There is Something Very Wrong with Official Story of the Sutherland Springs Church Shooting
    If he left his vehicle in the gas station parking lot and walked across the street shooting at the church… how did he jump in his vehicle just outside the entrance of the church after getting in a firefight with Stephen Willeford and shoot at him again as he sped off?
    https://willyloman.wordpress.com/201...urch-shooting/
    He didn't leave his vehicle 100yds away (actual distance from the church). He stopped at the gas station, not sure what for but might have been to gas up and he wasn't wearing the mask at the time then drove down the street to the church, put on the mask and started his spree. There is only "Something Very Wrong" if you don't have the facts.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    He didn't leave his vehicle 100yds away (actual distance from the church). He stopped at the gas station, not sure what for but might have been to gas up and he wasn't wearing the mask at the time then drove down the street to the church, put on the mask and started his spree. There is only "Something Very Wrong" if you don't have the facts.
    Quit! Facts make wondering what happened much less exciting.

NRA Endowment Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast