Thread: DC city council votes to put UP statue of Former Mayor Marion Barry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DC city council votes to put UP statue of Former Mayor Marion Barry

http://wjla.com/news/local/dc-counci...ilson-building

You can smash down statues of war heroes or the founders of our country, but you MUST put up a statue of a cocaine dealing FELON who would utter the craziest things. That makes a WHOLE lotta sense

Whatever faults the man had, I can say one thing positive about him. He was a sharp dresser. I was drinking in a DC bar one time (around 2005) and he walked in. The first thought in my head was -- this guy paid more for the suit he is wearing than I paid for my entire wardrobe. The next thought in my head was -- "the bitch set me up" -- a line that will live forever in infamy. Well, maybe not forever, but for a few more decades possibly.

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country" - Marion Barry

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Well, DC deserves it....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

You can smash down statues of war heroes or the founders of our country, but you MUST put up a statue of a cocaine dealing FELON who would utter the craziest things. That makes a WHOLE lotta sense
    I hope the statue depicts that clown sucking that glass dick he so enjoyed.

Famous Quotes by Marion Barry

Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

There are two kinds of truth. There are real truths, and there are made up truths.

If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very low crime rate.

I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man.

I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less.

And no offense, but let’s grow our own teachers, let’s grow our own nurses—and so that we don’t have to be scrounging around in our community clinics and other kinds of places—having to hire people from somewhere else.

I read a funny story about how the Republicans freed the slaves. The Republicans are the ones who created slavery by law in the 1600's. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves and he was not a Republican.

The brave men who died in Vietnam, more than 100% of which were black, were the ultimate sacrifice.

When you know more, you can do more.

People have criticized me because my security detail is larger than the president's. But you must ask yourself: are there more people who want to kill me than who want to kill the president? I can assure you there are.

People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then? WOULD IT!?!

I have to admit I didn't do as much as I should have back when I was mayor, but now we're getting it done. It's not where you've been but where you're going.

We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up business and dirty shops. They ought to go.

The contagious people of Washington have stood firm against diversity during this long period of increment weather.

I had my bad times. But the good news is that every time this has happened I've taken full responsibility for it. I don't try to duck it, I don't try to dodge it, I don't try to bullshit about it. Truth crushed to the ground will rise again. And that's what my life has been about.

There is a sort of an unwritten code in Washington, among the underworld and the hustlers and these other guys, that I am their friend.

Our neighbors in Virginia are just as responsible for these killings as the criminals are because they won't pass strong gun [control] legislation.

What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?

My greatest work comes in the community.

Jesse (Jackson) ain't running nothin' but his mouth.

My personal view is very simple: What happens in your bedroom, it's up to you. If you want to use gay marriage as an affectionate kind of thing you're doing, do it.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Famous Quotes by Marion Barry

Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

There are two kinds of truth. There are real truths, and there are made up truths.

If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very low crime rate.

I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man.

I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less.

And no offense, but let’s grow our own teachers, let’s grow our own nurses—and so that we don’t have to be scrounging around in our community clinics and other kinds of places—having to hire people from somewhere else.

I read a funny story about how the Republicans freed the slaves. The Republicans are the ones who created slavery by law in the 1600's. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves and he was not a Republican.

The brave men who died in Vietnam, more than 100% of which were black, were the ultimate sacrifice.

When you know more, you can do more.

People have criticized me because my security detail is larger than the president's. But you must ask yourself: are there more people who want to kill me than who want to kill the president? I can assure you there are.

People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then? WOULD IT!?!

I have to admit I didn't do as much as I should have back when I was mayor, but now we're getting it done. It's not where you've been but where you're going.

We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up business and dirty shops. They ought to go.

The contagious people of Washington have stood firm against diversity during this long period of increment weather.

I had my bad times. But the good news is that every time this has happened I've taken full responsibility for it. I don't try to duck it, I don't try to dodge it, I don't try to bullshit about it. Truth crushed to the ground will rise again. And that's what my life has been about.

There is a sort of an unwritten code in Washington, among the underworld and the hustlers and these other guys, that I am their friend.

Our neighbors in Virginia are just as responsible for these killings as the criminals are because they won't pass strong gun [control] legislation.

What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?

My greatest work comes in the community.

Jesse (Jackson) ain't running nothin' but his mouth.

My personal view is very simple: What happens in your bedroom, it's up to you. If you want to use gay marriage as an affectionate kind of thing you're doing, do it.

Dammit. Now they're going to get the idea to build a statue for every single quote you've listed. There'll be one on every corner before you know it......

Or worse, on the Mall, in front of every building in the Smithsonian Museum complex.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I would expect no little from a planets of the apes scenario.

I wonder how many congress critter critters go to DC skools?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

They couldn't have picked a better worthless piece of schitt to be the iconic face of that schitthole. It reveals everything thing you need to know about the trash that runs and inhabits the district.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

He looks like a pimp.

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

IS the statue goes up, PROTESTORS SHOULD TEAR IT DOWN!