Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump: Decision To Not Send Bergdahl To Jail A ‘Total Disgrace’

Trump: Decision To Not Send Bergdahl To Jail A ‘Total Disgrace’

President Donald Trump weighed in on a military judge’s decision not to send Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to prison Friday.

Bergdahl, a deserter who was captured by terrorists, will receive a demotion, dishonorable discharge, and a fine but no prison time for the act abandoning his post in Afghanistan and endangering the lives of his comrades, several of which were killed because of his actions. This sentence did not sit well with the president, who has repeatedly criticized Bergdahl for his behavior on the battlefield.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/03/tr...otal-disgrace/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Wasn't at the trial and don't have all the facts but as an American and a veteran I believe he should have gotten 25 years minimum. I can see not putting him in front of a firing squad, I've gotta squint pretty hard at that but no jail time? You'd think he'd at least have gotten six, six and a kick, Big Chicken Dinner!

I guess it stems from the charges, i.e., abandoning his post rather than desertion. That goes back on the prosecutor more than the judge. If you want the death penalty you can't charge someone with petty theft.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 11-04-2017 at 05:22 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I wonder if that was done as a "message" to Trump.

Meanwhile, Bergdahl better watch his back for the rest of his miserable useless life.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I wonder if this military judge was an obama appointee, or appointed by an obama-ite?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I wonder if this military judge was an obama appointee, or appointed by an obama-ite?
    I believe this was a court martial and military judges are assigned by the JAG and are not presidential appointees. I could be wrong.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Justice seems to be lacking in the military as well as the FBI/"Justice Dept." The BS is getting old.

I hope that down the road this Bergdahl character does not turn out to be a Manchurian Candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I believe this was a court martial and military judges are assigned by the JAG and are not presidential appointees. I could be wrong.
    You are right.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post

Meanwhile, Bergdahl better watch his back for the rest of his miserable useless life.
    Might have been sent as a message and if it was. Ok. But it also put a flag on the military and some will
    not like it. Just my thought........

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Justice seems to be lacking in the military as well as the FBI/"Justice Dept." The BS is getting old.
    3 guys had career ending injuries searching for him, one guy was paralyzed. Yes he did sit in captivity for 5 years so maybe execution is too much. 15 to 20 years sounded fair.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

From what little I have read it sounds like the Judge viewed his time in captivity with Al-Queda as being prison term enough. I don't agree, but I think that was the rationale.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Coward should have been hung.

I don't think he was in real captivity. He went looking for trouble and found it. I also think he was indoctrinated and it took. Hopefully, he'll get capped somewhere down the road and real justice will be served for the guys who were killed and wounded looking for his worthless dumb ass.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Screw that treasonous traitor. Multiple guys were injured trying to find the asshole and then 0bama releases five of his (0bama's) terrorist buddies in exchange for this worthless sack of shit. Talk about a Lose-Lose situation.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    I don't think he was in real captivity. He went looking for trouble and found it. I also think he was indoctrinated and it took. Hopefully, he'll get capped somewhere down the road and real justice will be served for the guys who were killed and wounded looking for his worthless dumb ass.
    I was talking to my wife about this and was explaining that there are a lot of men
    that have very ill feelings for bergdahl and he may not make it.

But he set a path in motion and only he can follow it.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post

Your theory would explain things. It is hard to believe that the government is now calculating Bergdahl's back pay.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Your theory would explain things. It is hard to believe that the government is now calculating Bergdahl's back pay.
    By law and instruction the day the Bergdahl deserted his pay stopped, you don't get paid while in a desertion status. In my mind he was a deserter until the day he was taken into custody by the military (released by the Taliban) so there is no back pay to consider. Had he been taken prisoner during battle or had he been kidnapped while acting honorably back pay would be just, as he willfully and disobediently left his post in search of the enemy for reasons that are not clear but were definitely not mission oriented, no back pay should be authorized.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

He plead guilty to desertion.

be the heat..

Has the Army ever explained why a man (Bergdahl) who was discharged by the U.S. Coast Guard 26 days into boot camp for mental health issues was allowed to enlist in the Army?

This traitor walks free and gets a huge bonus while American heroes languish in Leavenworth for urinating on dead muj or putting security rounds in wounded muj.

Also, can't see why they'd not let him back in, considering what they're trying to recruit now;
    Self-Mutilators and Bi Polar Wackos – The Army’s Future Soldiers
    As part of the military’s current trend of giving the unqualified a chance to serve; of allowing every freak of nature, social misfit, SJW and dud on active duty, the army has announced that they will be granting “waivers” to certain recruits who violate criteria related to mental-health violations like having a history of bipolar disorder, or self-mutilation.
    http://usdefensewatch.com/2017/11/se...ture-soldiers/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast