Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Democrats want to ban bullet proof glass barriers in stores

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Philadelphia Democrats want to ban bullet proof glass barriers in stores

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I was completely floored the first time I came across a convenience store that had bulletproof glass like that.

It was during the first business trip of my young life, visiting Atlanta, just inside the beltway, back around Y2K.

You just don't see that type of thing out here, out West. Where shopkeepers have to "armor up" like that to keep the robbers at bay.

I don't think we humans were really meant to occupy big cities like that. Too many people packed into too small of space always leads to problems.

I honestly don't know how those shopkeepers put up with that type of violence.

If they make them take down the barriers, they should at least let them keep a shotgun behind the counter so they can empty some lead into any future would-be robbers. After all, a 12-gauge is a lot cheaper to purchase than all that bulletproof glass, I imagine.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

They need to keep their constituents happy. I've seen convenience/gas stations with them in Minneapolis/St. Paul........ Made me feel real swell about the neighborhood, delivering fuel to those locations.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I was completely floored the first time I came across a convenience store that had bulletproof glass like that.

It was during the first business trip of my young life, visiting Atlanta, just inside the beltway, back around Y2K.

You just don't see that type of thing out here, out West. Where shopkeepers have to "armor up" like that to keep the robbers at bay.

I don't think we humans were really meant to occupy big cities like that. Too many people packed into too small of space always leads to problems.

If they make them take down the barriers, they should at least let them keep a shotgun behind the counter so they can empty some lead into any future would-be robbers. After all, a 12-gauge is a lot cheaper to purchase than all that bulletproof glass, I imagine.
    I saw a news report/documentary on a jewelry store owner who was robbed and beaten. After that he bought a hand gun and took some classes so he was pretty good with it. The next time his store was robbed he killed one and severely injured another. He bought more handguns and had them where he was never far from them. He ended up having something like 4 firefights in his store. None of his employees or customers were ever hurt though he was shot once in the neck. He killed about 6 armed robbers and wounded a few more. He ended up selling his store after the last fire fight because it was getting to dangerous for the people in the store he was responsible for. I am a supporter of self-defense and in areas like that bullet proof glass is probably not a bad first line of defense.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Does this effect ALL drive through restaurants?
    Next the stupid crunt will try to make it illegal to have locks on the doors.

Sometimes people like that need to meet a baseball bat to the back of their heads.

She denies that its designed to target Koreans but, it in reality specifically targets Koreans.

BISHOP

Once the 'demographics" started changing around here that is one of the first things BOA did.
    Negros cause problems.....yeah.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Can't we just ban Dimocrat shit heads ?

Lagc I don't know where out west is for you but I'm about as far west as you can get and I've seen it plenty, it is a good way to know when you are in a shitty part of town

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Lagc I don't know where out west is for you but I'm about as far west as you can get and I've seen it plenty, it is a good way to know when you are in a shitty part of town
    Where bouts do you live, NAPOTS?

I've traveled pretty extensively throughout the entire Pacific Northwest and can't remember seeing a single convenience store that was shielded up like that.

Even during a recent trip to central Cali a few years back I never saw it, not like was a regular occurrence during my trips back East.

I can imagine it probably happens in big cities like L.A. or San Francisco, but do you notice it at all outside of any cities of size?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Big city in northen california but not in the bay area. Ive seen it in the ghetto parts of town whole cash register area walled off with bullet proof glass with a tray for you to pass you money thorough. Is only usually in the really shitty areas. A few miles a way it is usually like normal.

Big city in northen california but not in the bay area. Ive seen it in the ghetto parts of town whole cash register area walled off with bullet proof glass with a tray for you to pass you money thorough. Is only usually in the really shitty areas. A few miles a way it is usually like normal.
    That tray is the weakest point in that set up.

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Does this effect ALL drive through restaurants?
    Next the stupid crunt will try to make it illegal to have locks on the doors.

Sometimes people like that need to meet a baseball bat to the back of their heads.

She denies that its designed to target Koreans but, it in reality specifically targets Koreans.

BISHOP

Yup.............Bats, chains, pipe sections......

Start making examples out of local petty tyrants and the ones further up the food chain will start getting the message.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

I have been seeing stuff like that around Atlanta for 30 years. This place is huge and there are places where a business will be open all night but there will
    be nothing else open near them for miles.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

This whole idea is counterproductive. The second they ban bullet proof glass, these businesses will close down....then her constituents will be left with NOTHING.

Smart move, stupid Bitch.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Democrats don't like establishments that have bullet proof glass, because it will reduce casualties from gun violence. The only way they can get their gun control agenda through, is if there's a bigger body count.

I once recognized that I was in a shitty part of Washington D.C. when I walked into a liquor store and saw a large sign that said, "gentlemen - please enter store with hands out of pockets."

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

Do you remember studies that were done in the area of NYC known as "Hell's Kitchen"? Sociologists used studies of rat populations with high densities and drew parallels to the crowded tenements of Hell's Kitchen to explain the incredible similarities in behavior patterns, esp. the violence.

As for them getting guns, those people don't have the mindset that many Americans have when it comes to firearms. They don't have the historical background we do over private ownership of guns. It may take them another generation (or two) to change their way of thinking to where they can consider defending themselves.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I once recognized that I was in a shitty part of Washington D.C. when I walked into a liquor store and saw a large sign that said, "gentlemen - please enter store with hands out of pockets."
    The shittiest place I ever was, I kid you not, I went to a subway in the middle of the day where you had to get buzzed in like in a pawn shop and there was a Plexiglas wall between the register and the customers.

It wasn't on the mainland US.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/14...orefronts.html

They actually approved the ban. But it doesn't seem to have any teeth... yet
    Last edited by rci2950; 12-15-2017 at 12:40 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/14...orefronts.html

They actually approved the ban. But it doesn't seem to have any teeth... yet
    Philly is going to see a lot of stores, in the poorer areas, close down. It's not worth running a store when you can no longer protect yourself, to some extent, from criminals.

Now, the locals will be complaining about not having any stores close enough to shop at.

Liberal controlled cities are becoming more like Utopia every day...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast