Thread: House Passes New CCW Law

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

House Passes New CCW Law

Let's hope it makes it through the Senate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...1ef_story.html
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

That will be great if it passes. Of course the Washington Compost has to add some liberal drivel to the story but I guess we should be happy they even wrote something about it.

Notice Gabrielle Giffords comments. It's amazing how liberals are so quick to want gun control for 400 million people because a criminal shot them. Damn the millions of people that protect themselves every year with a legally owned gun right? And damn all the people that would suffer because they cannot protect their families? What a self centered narcissist idiot.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

It passed the Senate before, but it's going to require I think 8 Craps. In today's environment I have my doubts, but we do have 2018, Dems in essentially red states will think twice before flushing it, hopefully.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Good start but let's see if it gets through the senate.

Well I am lazy and am not going to do the work 5.56 is habitual at but the dems added language to the
    bill that GOA is going hell fucking no and the NRA is saying, hey it is nothing to worry about guys.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

From what I have read, H.R. 38 (reciprocity) has been combined with the "Fix NICS" that has the likes of Feinstein, Pelosi, Schumer, and the Brady anti-gunners among the sponsors/supporters.
    This is why it needs to be DEFEATED.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

If there is just one pro-gun bill that I'd like to see signed into law by the Trump administration; it's National Reciprocity. I had to travel to Chantilly, VA for business this year and I had to drive right through Maryland. Consequently I left my firearm at home since MD doesn't recognize my LTCF; and OF ALL THE TIMES NOT TO HAVE A GUN, I almost got mugged in Chantilly. Thankfully, I opted to travel with a relative on this trip and I believe that's what spared me (it was two on one). NEVER AGAIN WILL I LEAVE HOME WITHOUT MY SIDEARM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    From what I have read, H.R. 38 (reciprocity) has been combined with the "Fix NICS" that has the likes of Feinstein, Pelosi, Schumer, and the Brady anti-gunners among the sponsors/supporters.
    This is why it needs to be DEFEATED.
    Yep, if this monstrosity passes, they'll be able to strip you of your firearms rights if one of your family members complains that you are "unstable." Or too old and senile to own guns. Or whatever.

Many veterans will suddenly lose their RKBA and not be able to pass background checks due to questionable psychological reports being entered into the system by the military.

If they get away with this major gun control coup, universal background checks (de facto registration) will be next. Count on it.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

GOA Statement On National Reciprocity Passing In House

“While Gun Owners of America appreciates the House of Representatives for passing Constitutional Carry-friendly reciprocity, GOA continues to vehemently warn congressmen about the dangers of the ‘NICS Fix’ provision, which can also be referred to as the ‘Parking Ticket Gun Ban.’”

“Hopefully, the passage of the reciprocity language in the House will serve to kill the background check language in the Senate. As recently as this week, Democrat Senator Chris Murphy said that such a combined bill would be dead on arrival in the Senate because he and fellow Democrats consider reciprocity a poison pill.

“Passing a stand-alone reciprocity bill will restore concealed carry rights and save lives. Gun owners should not see their right to protect themselves end at their state lines.

“So GOA will continue to rally our 1.5 million grassroots supporters to kill the ‘NICS Fix’ language and to pass a clean, Constitutional Carry-friendly reciprocity bill in the Senate, such as S. 446.”
    https://gunowners.org/goa-statement-...sing-house.htm
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    If there is just one pro-gun bill that I'd like to see signed into law by the Trump administration; it's National Reciprocity. I had to travel to Chantilly, VA for business this year and I had to drive right through Maryland. Consequently I left my firearm at home since MD doesn't recognize my LTCF; and OF ALL THE TIMES NOT TO HAVE A GUN, I almost got mugged in Chantilly. Thankfully, I opted to travel with a relative on this trip and I believe that's what spared me (it was two on one). NEVER AGAIN WILL I LEAVE HOME WITHOUT MY SIDEARM.
    You can transport a handgun through MD. It has to be in a case (with a clear label showing it's a firearm), unloaded, even the mags, and put in a trunk or somewhere out of reach of the driver. Glove box is not an option. After that, you're good to go. Using your CCW as an excuse won't work. MD doesn't recognize any other state.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars