Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police overuse of force?

I wonder how much training is to blame for the itchy trigger some cops seem to have. I know someone that used to be a cop and in their training they really drove in how quick someone can turn and hurt them. I think too much of that type of training can make for a paranoid cop that is jumpy and shoots anything that they think might be a threat. The sad thing is there are dangers like that and you never know. A local cop was shot in the head during a traffic stop, still alive though, by a drunk POS that said he didn't want to go to jail.

No excuse to kill an innocent person like that and I hope the system starts defecating trigger happy cops that kill an innocent out of the PD's.

Minneapolis Prosecutor: Justine Damond Murder Investigators ‘Didn’t Do Their Jobs’ In Probe Of Muslim Police Officer
    Six months later, the Muslim cop who shot Justine Damond has not been charged, and the police department remains mum on her murder. Mohamed Noor, the Minneapolis Muslim police officer who fatally shot a woman who called 911 for help, refuses to be interviewed by authorities investigating the shooting.

“I have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, (that) the moment he shot the gun, he feared for his life. And he used force because he thought he was gonna be killed,” Freeman said. “But I can’t. He won’t answer my questions because he doesn’t have to, OK? We all have Fifth Amendment rights, and I respect that. So I can’t talk to her because she’s gone, and the other cop just gave us some (expletive), OK? So guess what? I gotta figure out angles of the shot, gun residues, reckless-use-of-force experts. I’ve got to have the evidence. And I don’t have it yet. And let me just say, it’s not my fault,” Mike Freeman said in a video that was posted on Facebook. “So if it isn’t my fault, who didn’t do their jobs? Investigators, and they don’t work for me. And they haven’t done their job.”
    https://freedomoutpost.com/minneapol...olice-officer/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

????????
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I wonder how much training is to blame for the itchy trigger some cops seem to have.
    They don't have "itchy" trigger fingers.... they simply know that, whatever they do, they will get away with it.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

In the video I watched that cop could have crawled up there several times and just hand cuffed him.

But as said earlier White guys don't matter.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12