Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police overuse of force?

Last edited by Paradox; 12-09-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I found these quotes, from the article, to be rather interesting:

"There weren't public demonstrations soon after the shooting two years ago or protests moments after the verdict."

"The outcry [of the verdict], however, has stayed on social media."

"In Mesa, where the shooting took place, and in downtown Phoenix, where Brailsford was acquitted, the uproar has not resulted in any public demonstrations."

Anyone else notice the interesting part.....?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...rce/933453001/
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Yeah I always notice the rent a mob shit at least in Israel if they get too stupid you can shoot them.
    Fucking negros led by the nose for 200 years and blame whites for their ignorance.....

Anyone read the Turner Dairies lately? Asked that q here years ago and immediately
    people wanted a perm ban. Anything change?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I read it about a year and a half ago. It was pretty good, but a little far-fetched in places. I think if it were written today, Liberals would be the main villains, with muslims as the favored class.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    For some reason my computer doesn't like the link, but guessing this is pertaining to the motel shooting? If so, the body cam shows a very high strung officer with a nice piece of firepower and a guy who starts following instructions like they tell you, but for some reason he rises up slightly and his right hand appears to be going up and back as if reaching for a weapon.

In my opinion, if I was the officer responding to someone pointing a rifle out a window, and a guy on his hands and knees suddenly raises his right hand and moves it toward his belt I might not have hesitated either.

Body cams should be mandatory.

Did any of you guys see the WHOLE video?

I did and wish I hadn't. I think the cop in this case is a chicken S&%$ coward. He was barking orders at this poor guy that a sober person would have had a hard time following. The guy was obviously scared and weeping and asking not to be shot.

Looked more like he was trying to pull up his pants than trying to reach for anything. This cop seemed to be wanting a reason to shoot.

I understand police never know what they may run into and they put their lives on the line every day. They have my respect for that. But not this one. Bad apple in my book.

I'm not posting this to debate or argue with anyone. It's just how I feel in this particular case. Sad sad deal...

Looks like a bad shoot to me.

Why didn't they just walk up and cuff them while they were laying flat on the floor in the first place?

Barking commands at a drunk person is rarely productive. They should have expected less-than-perfect compliance, making them crawl like dogs like that.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I believe the fact the two individuals where right outside the doors to the motel rooms is why they wanted them to come down the hallway away from those doors. Not sure why the guy reached back like that?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Not sure why the guy reached back like that?
    It looked like his pants were kind of sagging, slipping down. He may have just been reaching back to pull them up real quick. Crawling on your knees will do that if you're wearing loose-fitting pants.

The guy was drunk. You can't expect him to be thinking clearly in the heat of the moment like that.

The cop could have simply warned him again to keep his hands in front of him. He would have still had plenty of time to react if a weapon had actually been pulled out.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I agree with lAGC and Darrell on this one. Clearly the guy was murdered by a chickenshit cop, We should riot. That cop was on an ego trip for sure, Hard to believe he got acquitted..

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I believe the fact the two individuals where right outside the doors to the motel rooms is why they wanted them to come down the hallway away from those doors. Not sure why the guy reached back like that?
    Because it's an unnatural position as you get older. Have you tried to crawl on your knees with your hands up lately straight, let alone after drinking?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Because it's an unnatural position as you get older. Have you tried to crawl on your knees with your hands up lately straight, let alone after drinking?
    From what I saw he was crawling forward on his hands and knees, then the cop kinda of blocks the guy from view for a second and then he's shot and his right hand is raised near his back. He was on his knees with hands straight in the air before he was ordered to crawl forward. He was on all fours after that.

LAGC is probably spot on about the guy reaching to pull his pants up.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Agree the cop could have waited another split second to verify a weapon draw and would still have had enough time to react.

It doesn't look like a good shoot to me at all, guy was clearly distraught, officer clearly had the upper had, he should have taken control of the situation and de-escalated it and everyone would have gone home. Plus, a guy drawing on you at that distance would be a slow draw and he would probably miss the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

Looks like a bad shoot to me.

Why didn't they just walk up and cuff them while they were laying flat on the floor in the first place?

Barking commands at a drunk person is rarely productive. They should have expected less-than-perfect compliance, making them crawl like dogs like that.
    Maybe that's exactly what this guy expected, OHHHH I get to shoot someone finally with this cool tactical rifle....... Don't understand why they didn't cuff them when they were lying down. Anyway, it was just a white guy, no foul.

I just watched a state sponsored MURDER. Fry that MOTHERFUCKING cop and the assholes with him!!!!!!!!!!

My God.

be the heat..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I'm usually pro-police but this was murder, plain & simple.

That little nazi asshole should spend the rest of his life in a cell.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I'm usually pro-police but this was murder, plain & simple.

That little nazi asshole should spend the rest of his life in a cell.
    I 100% agree with this / your post. And yet he is found not guilty of murder of any kind. Wear a badge ... license to kill?

I read somewhere the selector of his rifle has a "You're Fucked" position. Be that as it may, i recall a similar shooting where a cop shot someone drunk who was reaching for his hat after the wind blew it off his head. The guy was out looking for the guys who stole his little girls bike, as was the cop.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

That was written on the dust cover.

be the heat..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast