Thread: Here comes SKYNET!!

Here comes SKYNET!!

“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I thought Skynet was the software that was running all the machines. Or AI for short.
    And yes you are correct. It is starting
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Not sure if getting rid of the net neutrality thing will make much difference? Isn't it basically putting things back to the way they were?

Was just going back through the old threads posted when Obama started this. Seems like the majority thought it was a bad idea/end of the Internet event back then.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Not sure if getting rid of the net neutrality thing will make much difference? Isn't it basically putting things back to the way they were?

Was just going back through the old threads posted when Obama started this. Seems like the majority thought it was a bad idea/end of the Internet event back then.
    Net Neutrality is nothing more than an attempt to get government control of the Internet. The term, "Net Neutrality" is incorrect. It's not neutral, at all. It would allow the Fed to oversee all aspects of the web and those sites it deemed "unfair" would be limited or banned.

Gunsnet, and most other conservative sites, would have lost their autonomy under such a plan.

If the Dims/Libs/Leftists/Communists thought it was such a good idea, that should tell you something right there.

Remember, this idea came about under the obama Administration and was pushed by him.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Maybe I should clarify. I'm glad it's going away. I'm just trying to get out ahead of any , "the sky is falling" posts but stating we're basically going back to the way things were so the same members who complained about the legislation when it passed under Obama shouldn't be complaining now.

As far as the ill effects of the act did Gunsnet loose its autonomy? Just asking. Like you stated if Libs wanted it I don't and I'm for less government when ever we can get it.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Yes, the liberals would have you believe that the Internet would collapse without "Net Neutrality"!

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Maybe I should clarify. I'm glad it's going away. I'm just trying to get out ahead of any , "the sky is falling" posts but stating we're basically going back to the way things were so the same members who complained about the legislation when it passed under Obama shouldn't be complaining now.

As far as the ill effects of the act did Gunsnet loose its autonomy? Just asking. Like you stated if Libs wanted it I don't and I'm for less government when ever we can get it.
    No, because the FCC has had it on the slow boat ever since it was introduced. Only now has the FCC taken it up for consideration and decided to not go with it. Which is good.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I make it easy on myself, if the dems want it i do not and if the dems do not want it I do.

be the heat..

Ali - some of the things I have heard are that "services" such as Comcast and ATT could slow down feeds from competitors such as Hulu and Netflix in order to push people to their video services. Or they could screw around with Skype so the people use the "providers" phone service.
    It basically amounts to censorship. And, who's to say that these same "providers" allow access to sites such as this one, or to a firearm's manufacturer's website because such sites don't fit their version of "P.C."??
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Ali - some of the things I have heard are that "services" such as Comcast and ATT could slow down feeds from competitors such as Hulu and Netflix in order to push people to their video services. Or they could screw around with Skype so the people use the "providers" phone service.
    It basically amounts to censorship. And, who's to say that these same "providers" allow access to sites such as this one, or to a firearm's manufacturer's website because such sites don't fit their version of "P.C."??
    Comcast already has an agreement with Netflix to allow their apps on their service. I use it most of the time here.

As far as thinking "Net Neutrality" could be good, it amounts to nothing more than government oversight and manipulation. I agree with l921428x, if the Dims want it, I don't. Even if I don't know what it is, if they want it, I'm against it.

Whoever it is that wants it should tell you if it's good or not.

Freedom isn't free.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Did we need it prior to 2015? No. That tells me enough. Somehow I think www.xnxx.com did just fine before.....

yep

be the heat..