Thread: MINI MAUSER 7.62x39 ZASATAVA MODEL 85

MINI MAUSER 7.62x39 ZASATAVA MODEL 85

I've been looking at these for a while, does anyone know anything about them?

Any frailties like a soft or brittle bolt?

Accuracy?

Good? Bad?

I wanna know!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb0RIwnkjUs

No experience myself with one. Check You Tube, plenty of review vids about them there.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

That's really a cool looking rifle. The only thing I can see wrong with it is that cycling the bolt doesn't look like a very smooth operation. Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with it.

I'd be interested in buying one if one came along. I love the 7.62x.39 round.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

The 7.62x39 round certainly wasn't designed to be shot in a bolt-action rifle. It's probably one of the last cartridges I would consider for a bolt gun, unless your going for varmint game, and then there are a host of better rounds for that job. My 2 cents.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

I've got several cases of 7.62x39 and due to my osteoporosis I'm limited to medium and small calibers.
    After looking around (after bidding on one) I'm thinking the CZ 527 may be more in line with what I actually want ... so if someone outbids me I won't be heartbroken and if I win it, that's OK too.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    The 7.62x39 round certainly wasn't designed to be shot in a bolt-action rifle. It's probably one of the last cartridges I would consider for a bolt gun, unless your going for varmint game, and then there are a host of better rounds for that job. My 2 cents.
    How so? I know it was designed specifically for the AK-47, but how does its design differ from .308 or .30-06, which are used in single shot, pump action, lever action, semi-auto, full-auto rifles/carbines, and even single-shot pistols?

For those who don't like a lot of recoil, the 7.62x39 has less recoil (and slightly less energy) than a .30-30 and an effectively accurate range of about 150 yds.

For younger shooters, or older shooters, it would seem to be perfect.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    I've got several cases of 7.62x39 and due to my osteoporosis I'm limited to medium and small calibers.
    After looking around (after bidding on one) I'm thinking the CZ 527 may be more in line with what I actually want ... so if someone outbids me I won't be heartbroken and if I win it, that's OK too.
    Did not know your situation, bro. With that in mind it would be a good cartridge I reckon....5.45x39 or 5.56 NATO would work as well for that matter. Both of those rounds have almost no felt recoil; if you are stocked up on mucho 7.62x39 tho, I'd say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    How so? I know it was designed specifically for the AK-47, but how does its design differ from .308 or .30-06, which are used in single shot, pump action, lever action, semi-auto, full-auto rifles/carbines, and even single-shot pistols?

For those who don't like a lot of recoil, the 7.62x39 has less recoil (and slightly less energy) than a .30-30 and an effectively accurate range of about 150 yds.

For younger shooters, or older shooters, it would seem to be perfect.
    I amended my earlier statement, see above.