Thread: Incoming Amnesty? Trump Says Illegals Will ‘Fall in Love’ with Him

Incoming Amnesty? Trump Says Illegals Will ‘Fall in Love’ with Him

President Donald Trump promised to deliver results for DACA activists who are demanding amnesty for illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children.

“Democrats are doing nothing for DACA – just interested in politics,” Trump wrote. “DACA activists and Hispanics will go hard against Dems, will start ‘falling in love’ with Republicans and their President! We are about RESULTS.”

Trump’s comment signaled an effort to pry Democrats loose on the issue and signal good faith negotiations as he prepares to make a deal on the issue in January.

Previously, Trump signaled that he would demand funding for his long-promised wall in exchange for a DACA deal.

“The Democrats have been told, and fully understand, that there can be no DACA without the desperately needed WALL at the Southern Border and an END to the horrible Chain Migration & ridiculous Lottery System of Immigration etc,” he wrote in December. “We must protect our Country at all cost!”
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...e-republicans/

DACA amnesty in exchange for border wall?

Sound like a fair trade?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I think it means they will love him for providing them with the means to visit loved ones in the old country, courtesy of Operation Wetback II.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Seemed to work for Reagan back in 1986:

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=128303672

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Seemed to work for Reagan back in 1986:

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=128303672

Lol and look how well that has worked out for America!
    Lately I'm on an appeasement kick; whatever you appease you get more of. Appease the racist, white hating illegals and you get more of them, as well as the trillions in tax dollars wasted on them.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I'd only be ok with a DACA amnesty IF AND ONLY IF we get funding for construction of the wall and no chain migration. That's a fair trade IMO.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

It's about time we had an actual "compromise." In the past, the Dims always wanted to ban something and the Repubs managed to whittle it down a little. So, when the law passed, it was more of a win for the Dims than the Repubs.

In a real compromise, both sides get most of what they want. IF the Dims want DACA, then they have to give up fighting the wall. If they do, they get DACA and we get the wall. If they still fight it, then they lose DACA and Trump will have to find another way to get the wall through. I think Trump is dealing from a position of power and the Dims realize it.

Sounds much more like a compromise to me than anything we've done in the past.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I believe we are going to be sold out by Trump and the big business supporting Republicans who want cheap labor. The wall will be funded and never built. I hope I am wrong.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I believe we are going to be sold out by Trump and the big business supporting Republicans who want cheap labor. The wall will be funded and never built. I hope I am wrong.
    How so?

The dreamers are already here and aren't filling many low paying jobs I'm aware of, they only represent .002% of the population. After all his promises are you saying Trump will get the money for the wall then make sure it never gets built? Like I said, what are basing your comment on?

Also what big business are employing cheap immigrant labor? I realize businesses do but I've seen that term used before and just wondering which ones it is, Ford, AT&T, WalMart?

I mean WalMart is probably one of the biggest "big business" and they just raised their starting wage to $11 an hour nation wide. Not sure how much "cheap labor" they are looking to bring in from south of the border?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 01-27-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I could probably live with it. It's not just the wall in return for daca illegals and a a path. In fact it's just the beginning bargaining chip. Wall+ chain migration ending, lowering of importation from shitholes and more for daca........ You just love stirring the pot don't you LAGC?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I could probably live with it. It's not just the wall in return for daca illegals and a a path. In fact it's just the beginning bargaining chip. Wall+ chain migration ending, lowering of importation from shitholes and more for daca........ You just love stirring the pot don't you LAGC?
    Old habits die hard....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

If trump can steal the latinos from the democrats then that is a huge voter base. Latinos are usually very conservative. At least here in Canada. So if you can live with the amnesty this could be a good thing.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    If trump can steal the latinos from the democrats then that is a huge voter base. Latinos are usually very conservative. At least here in Canada. So if you can live with the amnesty this could be a good thing.
    I've always wondered why Latinos seem to vote Democrat, or do they? Not all of them are Mexican but aren't most countries south of our border predominantly Catholic? If so wouldn't they tend to be pro-life, pro-family, etc which would seem to put them more in line with voting Republican. I understand immigration is a big deal but from what I've read a lot of legal and or American born Hispanics don't want illegals coming here, regardless of their country of origin any more than anyone else does.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

A near-final draft of the White House’s unlimited and forever amnesty bill says the administration wants $25 billion for a wall over the next five years, and will not cancel chain-migration or visa-lottery inflows until the last of the 4 million foreigners now in the pipeline have arrived in the 2030s.
    http://www.breitbart.com/2018-electi...mited-forever/

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    How so?

The dreamers are already here and aren't filling many low paying jobs I'm aware of, they only represent .002% of the population. After all his promises are you saying Trump will get the money for the wall then make sure it never gets built? Like I said, what are basing your comment on?

Also what big business are employing cheap immigrant labor? I realize businesses do but I've seen that term used before and just wondering which ones it is, Ford, AT&T, WalMart?

I mean WalMart is probably one of the biggest "big business" and they just raised their starting wage to $11 an hour nation wide. Not sure how much "cheap labor" they are looking to bring in from south of the border?
    I base my comments partly on the fact that I believe Brietbart's claim that they have a back door copy of the amnesty bill. That and the Republican party track record of sandbagging their supporters.

As far as the cheap labor comment I will just provide the following quote from El Rushbo.

... “the Republican Party’s not what you think it is anymore. The Republican Party establishment, the big donors. They want amnesty, for example. They want cheap — this is all about cheap labor. I hate saying it, I can’t tell you how much I hate saying it, I just resent having to be honest about that. ‘Cause it’s not the Republican Party I thought I grew up with.”
    Last edited by jet3534; 01-27-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Fair enough. If amnesty allows illegals already here to stay. How does it also provide cheap labor? I mean they are already here which is why the need/want amnesty so aren't they already providing the cheap labor, amnesty or not? Is big business just waiting to hire them once they become legal? Just because Rush says something does mean logic no longer applies.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Fair enough. If amnesty allows illegals already here to stay. How does it also provide cheap labor? I mean they are already here which is why the need/want amnesty so aren't they already providing the cheap labor, amnesty or not? Is big business just waiting to hire them once they become legal? Just because Rush says something does mean logic no longer applies.
    I think the issue as I see it is that amnesty is not going to maintain the status quo. Rather the numbers of illegals will continue to increase. I quote Rush because he has at times an articulate way of stating the truth. Too bad he can't break his NFL addiction.

These is a good read on the subject IMHO.
    https://www.heritage.org/immigration...al-immigration

Well I now read that the 2 year budget deal does not fund a wall and greatly expands Government spending. So I guess I was right -- we have been sandbagged by the Republican party.

Well, it doesn't sound like it's quite a deal yet... Rand Paul is currently holding it up in the Senate.

But yeah, over $1 trillion in added deficit spending... I thought the Republicans were supposed to be the fiscal conservatives in the room? I guess big budget deficits and greatly increased national debt are only an "issue" when the Democrats are in power.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Well I now read that the 2 year budget deal does not fund a wall and greatly expands Government spending. So I guess I was right -- we have been sandbagged by the Republican party.
    Typical. They don't want the frontal assault, just the ass raping.

It's being claimed this "deal" is 1/3 the 0bama debt increase at the same time during his regime and also an increase in gdp.