Thread: New Steel on the Way

New Steel on the Way

I placed an order today for a new toy. I have a Smith and Wesson Model 586 with a 4" barrel on the way. It will be a good companion for my Model 27.

Anyone else have anything new?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I thought this was about knives!

Anyway, I got a new Colt 1911. I am having issues with my camera or I would have posted a picture of it by now. Hopefully I will get it figured out here soon.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nope, nothing new here with respect to firearms. Oh, wait ... got a set of Trijicon tritium night sights to install on my series 80 Colt 1911.

I bid on a S&W 66 on gunbroker. Silly me won it. I hope to have it in the next week. Won it on the Dec 18 from a gun shop in TX. With Christmas and all, should be on the way.

Just the Mossberg Shockwave I got a few weeks ago. I certainly didn't need another gun but the Shockwave filled a niche.

Also, as another Christmas present to myself, I added a green Crimson Trace laser to my Ruger American 9mm.
    Last edited by jet3534; 12-27-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    I bid on a S&W 66 on gunbroker. Silly me won it. I hope to have it in the next week. Won it on the Dec 18 from a gun shop in TX. With Christmas and all, should be on the way.
    We need pics. Which barrel length? A 66, 66-1, 66-2?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I bought my S&W 586 nib back in '82. It was blued & had the 6" barrel. By it's profile & heft I always figured it was S&W's response to the Colt Python.

That was one of perhaps three guns I've owned & eventually sold...I really wish I would have kept.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

I did the paperwork so now the wait begins, I'll try to post s photo when I being her home

Cool..
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    We need pics. Which barrel length? A 66, 66-1, 66-2?
    It is a copy of the first pistol that I had ever owned. Here is a link to the auction. I got shipping notification yesterday. I should have it by Tuesday.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/728448846

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    It is a copy of the first pistol that I had ever owned. Here is a link to the auction. I got shipping notification yesterday. I should have it by Tuesday.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/728448846
    I like it! I've got a NIB 66 no dash 4" I bought years ago. Feels great in the hand but I've never shot it. If I'd never shot a 4" 357 I might pop it's cherry but I have so I've just never done it. I think the Model 66 is just about the perfect revolver regardless of the barrel length. I've been looking around locally for a 6" shooter but haven't run across one yet.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Is there any reason you guys like the k frame over the L frame? I have an N frame, the gun is awesome but it is huge

I don't have an L frame though I've got quite a bit of trigger time with a 586 and 686. I guess I just don't care for the feel the under lug on those two models give to the gun. Most of the L frame models seem to have the under lug so I just haven't messed with them much. I love my model 10 and model 64 taper barrel revolvers but don't care for or own a heavy barrel of either model.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Is there any reason you guys like the k frame over the L frame? I have an N frame, the gun is awesome but it is huge
    To be honest. I really do not know the difference in the naming of the frames. I just like the hefty look and feel of the pistol that I bought. I have a few snubbies, but, to me something just screams bad ass about a big revolver. I am thinking about getting a holster for this one. To carry as a woods gun.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Have you tried the X frame? Kind of makes the L frame look small....but I'll stick with the L frames.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Well shit, I took it out today. I am still recovering from the flu so I didnt feel very steady. I was able to keep almost all of them in the 10 ring at 15 yards shooting double action so Id say she is a keeper. I still might play around with the sights when I can shoot off a rest.

if anyone hasn't done this is HIGHLY recommend swapping the hammer spring and trigger return spring out with the wilson combat kit. It is only about 12 bucks and makes a world of difference. The trigger was a bit heavy for my taste stock, it is super sweet now, very smooth and light.