Thread: I vote and I have for 40 years but I have a question.

I vote and I have for 40 years but I have a question.

I call and send my congress e-mails 2 or 3 times a month. Even Hank Johnson Jr
    and he probably dislikes me more that some of of you. But I digress.

I find the NRA American Rifleman interesting and not so much in many ways.
    While it keeps me up on the politics behind the scenes, it also wants me to buy 4,000 dollar rifles
    with 1500 dollar scopes or 1400 hundred pistols. I have said this before and have been rebuked.

As K says whatever................My question is this. The elections are here for the board as you know.
    Why does it say my vote has never counted more?

All that I have read says the people running are the best we could have, so why hype it?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    First, I will support the NRA if for no other reason that the democrats hate them. The NRA is that fabled 800 pound gorilla that they are so afraid of.

That said, they seem to have lost their direction. Although they support firearm rights they seem to be in it for the money as well as our rights. They also seem to be agreeable to negotiations when in fact there should be no negotiating the right of the people to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed.

They do quite a bit when it comes to their original roots, but it does seem that when you vote for their board, nothing seems to change. Guess that 800 pound gorilla doesn't like change.

Vote anyway if nothing more than to have a right to complain. Seriously, if people don't vote I believe they have no right to complain about their leaders, whether the government or any organization.

That is fair enough but I know less of these people than I do my congresscritters

be the heat..

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Some of the nominees are more known than others. All I can suggest is do your research online. I'm looking up the ones I'm not familiar with. I tend to prefer veterans and or real shooters over others but that's no guarantee. With regards to the NRA it was never meant to be a political machine or even a gun rights organization. To my understanding is was organized to promote firearms marksmanship. Everything else since 1871 has come about fairly recently.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

The NRA was the 1st civil rights organization. All the rest came from antis pushing an agenda. ALL .govs know
    they cannot survive with armed citizens. I think our founders would have made the 2nd the 1st if they could have known our current political
    climate. But read the original 10 and you WILL know it was a decree against a centralized .gov.

be the heat..

Since for the most part the southern states are the most patriotic i will just pick the names of the southern candidates.

be the heat..