Thread: Incoming Amnesty? Trump Says Illegals Will Fall in Love with Him

Incoming Amnesty? Trump Says Illegals Will Fall in Love with Him

President Donald Trump promised to deliver results for DACA activists who are demanding amnesty for illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children.

Democrats are doing nothing for DACA just interested in politics, Trump wrote. DACA activists and Hispanics will go hard against Dems, will start falling in love with Republicans and their President! We are about RESULTS.

Trumps comment signaled an effort to pry Democrats loose on the issue and signal good faith negotiations as he prepares to make a deal on the issue in January.

Previously, Trump signaled that he would demand funding for his long-promised wall in exchange for a DACA deal.

The Democrats have been told, and fully understand, that there can be no DACA without the desperately needed WALL at the Southern Border and an END to the horrible Chain Migration & ridiculous Lottery System of Immigration etc, he wrote in December. We must protect our Country at all cost!
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...e-republicans/

DACA amnesty in exchange for border wall?

Sound like a fair trade?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I think it means they will love him for providing them with the means to visit loved ones in the old country, courtesy of Operation Wetback II.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Seemed to work for Reagan back in 1986:

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=128303672

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Seemed to work for Reagan back in 1986:

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=128303672

Lol and look how well that has worked out for America!
    Lately I'm on an appeasement kick; whatever you appease you get more of. Appease the racist, white hating illegals and you get more of them, as well as the trillions in tax dollars wasted on them.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
    -Thomas Jefferson

I'd only be ok with a DACA amnesty IF AND ONLY IF we get funding for construction of the wall and no chain migration. That's a fair trade IMO.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

It's about time we had an actual "compromise." In the past, the Dims always wanted to ban something and the Repubs managed to whittle it down a little. So, when the law passed, it was more of a win for the Dims than the Repubs.

In a real compromise, both sides get most of what they want. IF the Dims want DACA, then they have to give up fighting the wall. If they do, they get DACA and we get the wall. If they still fight it, then they lose DACA and Trump will have to find another way to get the wall through. I think Trump is dealing from a position of power and the Dims realize it.

Sounds much more like a compromise to me than anything we've done in the past.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

"Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." I've seen the visceral effects this has on our enemies in public. It's as if somebody punched them in the stomach when they realize they've lost the moral high ground." - L Neil Smith

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

On the funds to build that glorious wall, stop all the foreign aid. That would clear up a lot of issues around the world quickly.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    On the funds to build that glorious wall, stop all the foreign aid. That would clear up a lot of issues around the world quickly.
    This seems like a good start to me.

http://time.com/5088716/president-tr...-pakistan-aid/

The U.S. will continue to withhold $255 million in military aid to Pakistan as the White House reviews the nation’s “level of cooperation” in fighting terrorism, a National Security Council spokesperson said.

The announcement came just hours after Trump in a tweet said the U.S. has “foolishly” given more than $33 billion in aid to the country and gotten only “lies and deceit” in return.

Trump has “made it clear” that he expects Pakistan to take strong action to fight terrorists and extremism, the spokesperson said. The country’s efforts against terrorism “will ultimately determine the trajectory of our relationship, including future security assistance,” the spokesperson said.

Following Trump’s tweet, Pakistan Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi called a cabinet meeting on Tuesday and a meeting of the high-level National Security Committee, which includes top civil and military leadership, on Wednesday, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.

The Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan has also prohibited a group led by Hafiz Saeed, the alleged mastermind behind the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks, from collecting donations, Pakistan’s Dawn newspaper reported on Monday citing a notification from the regulator. Saeed was recently released from house arrest in Lahore, prompting a condemnation from the U.S. State Department, which has labeled him a “specially designated global terrorist.”

Military Aid
    Pakistan has long posed contradictions for the U.S.: it’s a partner in the fight against terrorism yet is also the place where Osama bin Laden hid out for years before being killed in a nighttime raid by U.S. Navy Seals. Since 2015, the U.S. has denied Pakistan $650 million in Coalition Support Fund reimbursements that could be released only if the U.S. military certified the country is making acceptable progress against the Haqqani network, which is affiliated with the Taliban.

The Pentagon also continues to review whether $400 million that Congress approved for fiscal year 2017, pending a certification, can be released. The fiscal 2018 defense policy bill earmarks an additional $350 million, which can’t be released until there is a Pentagon certification as well.

Senator Rand Paul, a Republican from Kentucky, praised the move in a tweet: “I’ve been fighting to end aid to Pakistan for years and will again lead the charge in the Senate. Let’s make this happen.”

Trump spent the first morning of 2018 wading into Middle Eastern affairs, with another tweet calling for “a change in Iran” as that country undergoes a rare show of public disapproval in which as many as a dozen people have died in a series of riots, according to state TV and local reports.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I'd only be ok with a DACA amnesty IF AND ONLY IF we get funding for construction of the wall and no chain migration. That's a fair trade IMO.
    While I would prefer no amnesty, it is not a realistic option based on the desires of the country (granted, their desires are driven by misinformation and outright lying by the MSM, but that is a different discussion). I think amnesty for "DACA" eligible illegal immigrants is a fair compromise to get the wall and to stop chain migration. The only other thing that I wish they would include is stopping the process of granting citizenship based on birth location irregardless of immigration status. This, however, is a bridge to far given the poor civics knowledge and education of the majority of the citizens of out country.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Allow the daca kids to stay provided, 10 year ban on applying for citizenship, must maintain clean criminal record save for pretty traffic shit, pay extra 5% federal income tax for those 10 years and must maintain gainful employment, plead no contest to an immigration misdemeanor and pay ,$10,000 fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    This seems like a good start to me.

http://time.com/5088716/president-tr...-pakistan-aid/

The U.S. will continue to withhold $255 million in military aid to Pakistan as the White House reviews the nation’s “level of cooperation” in fighting terrorism, a National Security Council spokesperson said.

The announcement came just hours after Trump in a tweet said the U.S. has “foolishly” given more than $33 billion in aid to the country and gotten only “lies and deceit” in return.

Trump has “made it clear” that he expects Pakistan to take strong action to fight terrorists and extremism, the spokesperson said. The country’s efforts against terrorism “will ultimately determine the trajectory of our relationship, including future security assistance,” the spokesperson said.

Following Trump’s tweet, Pakistan Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi called a cabinet meeting on Tuesday and a meeting of the high-level National Security Committee, which includes top civil and military leadership, on Wednesday, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.

The Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan has also prohibited a group led by Hafiz Saeed, the alleged mastermind behind the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks, from collecting donations, Pakistan’s Dawn newspaper reported on Monday citing a notification from the regulator. Saeed was recently released from house arrest in Lahore, prompting a condemnation from the U.S. State Department, which has labeled him a “specially designated global terrorist.”

Military Aid
    Pakistan has long posed contradictions for the U.S.: it’s a partner in the fight against terrorism yet is also the place where Osama bin Laden hid out for years before being killed in a nighttime raid by U.S. Navy Seals. Since 2015, the U.S. has denied Pakistan $650 million in Coalition Support Fund reimbursements that could be released only if the U.S. military certified the country is making acceptable progress against the Haqqani network, which is affiliated with the Taliban.

The Pentagon also continues to review whether $400 million that Congress approved for fiscal year 2017, pending a certification, can be released. The fiscal 2018 defense policy bill earmarks an additional $350 million, which can’t be released until there is a Pentagon certification as well.

Senator Rand Paul, a Republican from Kentucky, praised the move in a tweet: “I’ve been fighting to end aid to Pakistan for years and will again lead the charge in the Senate. Let’s make this happen.”

Trump spent the first morning of 2018 wading into Middle Eastern affairs, with another tweet calling for “a change in Iran” as that country undergoes a rare show of public disapproval in which as many as a dozen people have died in a series of riots, according to state TV and local reports.
    Also keep in mind that aid to muslim nations is viewed by them as jizzya, as in the tax muslims have the right to force on non muslims according to their book. It means to them that they have conquered us.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Trump seems to be open to doing DACA first now from what I'm hearing. I hope the hell he isn't falling for that, like Reagan did. Craps will lie out of both sides of their faces. It's amazing how when the Craps are not in power, they sure act like they still are and the R's just roll over. The reverse is never true. One thing I'll give the Commie party, they fight tooth and nail in unison, whether they control congress or not. The R's which I'm finally understanding except for a few, are fakes and phonies.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Trump seems to be open to doing DACA first now from what I'm hearing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.633f1cf955a9

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.633f1cf955a9

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.
    The MSM is having a field day with this, trying to make Trump out to be a racist. Instead of looking at the condition of the countries cited, the education level of the people, and the lawfulness of the citizens, the MSM is looking at race (as racist always do). I do think more and more independent type (politically) people are seeing this, though. The more the MSM does this the more transparent their racism is.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    It's about time we had an actual "compromise." In the past, the Dims always wanted to ban something and the Repubs managed to whittle it down a little. So, when the law passed, it was more of a win for the Dims than the Repubs.

In a real compromise, both sides get most of what they want. IF the Dims want DACA, then they have to give up fighting the wall. If they do, they get DACA and we get the wall. If they still fight it, then they lose DACA and Trump will have to find another way to get the wall through. I think Trump is dealing from a position of power and the Dims realize it.

Sounds much more like a compromise to me than anything we've done in the past.
    Ali - it has been this way for over 80 years. The Left has just been more blatant about it for the last 30+ years.
    I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every Americans guarantee of freedom. - - President Harry S. Truman, Years of Trial and Hope

Trump has declared daca to be dead, and has directly called upon scrotus to review it, bypassing the lower court appeals process. It will expire in march as designed and not renewed, a good thing too. As punishment for not kneeling before the dems and rinos and other domestic enemies, the dems, and likely rinos, are saying no funding will be passed to stop a government shutdown. No daca, no budget. The dow has tumbled upon the report, so they're going to blame any economic harm done to the USA on Trump alone when it was them.
    -Thomas Jefferson