Thread: FISA memo release reaction - Wow

FISA memo release reaction - Wow

The Democratic leadership and their lap dogs in the left wing media are the most vile, dishonest and un American group in history. Republicans can be stupid and lazy, but I've never seen such evil as I've seen in the Democrats.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

There's a whole lot a people that need to be jailed.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I haven't read the memo yet, but I hope to today. What I have read, though is not as bad as I had feared. Don't take that to mean that I am good with what the memo portrays, I am not. The issues raised by the memo need to be investigated, preferably not by the FBI or DOJ and any officials found to have acted against our Constitution and our laws need to be fired and prosecuted.

The thing that gets me most about what we are finding out is how an investigation was started using falsified evidence with the goal of finding something. Finding something is a forgone conclusion because we have so many, and sometimes contradictory, laws. This can be seen in the letter to Mueller telling him to investigate: 1) Any evidence of Russian collusion with the Trump campaign; and 2) Anything else that may be uncovered as part of the investigation. This was not an investigation to determine if a specific thing (collusion with Russia) was done illegally it is an open ended investigation to find anything that can be used to impeach Trump. This, by the way, is a violation of the 4th Amendment and as such needs to stop.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

McCain and the never Trump movement on the Republican side started paying for the dossier. The former British spy was taking BS lies from Russian former spies and created a work of fiction. Once it became evident that Trump was going to be the POTUS candidate, McCain and the Republican Never Trumpers backed off. Fusion GPS then fronted it to the DNC and Hillary's campaign and then millions were paid to find more dirt on Trump. The spy Christopher Steele contacted many news sources like Yahoo News, NY Times etc. and dropped rumors of Trump doing bad things. This resulted in news articles and those along with the Dossier were used to get warrants from the Fisa court. FISA has confirmed without the Dossier and the news articles to back up the Dossier they would never have issued the 3 warrants to wiretap and spy on Trumps people.

This is why I say many people need to go to jail. Muller is not impartial, he was a mentor of Comey and has an ax to grind on Trump for him firing Comey. Clearly the crimes here are obstruction of justice by FBI and DOJ about Hillary's servers! I tell you this is the stuff that revolutions are based on. I have just about zero faith in any part of the Fed Gov, it is a swamp and it needs to be drained, scrubbed and sterilized!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    McCain and the never Trump movement on the Republican side started paying for the dossier. The former British spy was taking BS lies from Russian former spies and created a work of fiction. Once it became evident that Trump was going to be the POTUS candidate, McCain and the Republican Never Trumpers backed off. Fusion GPS then fronted it to the DNC and Hillary's campaign and then millions were paid to find more dirt on Trump. The spy Christopher Steele contacted many news sources like Yahoo News, NY Times etc. and dropped rumors of Trump doing bad things. This resulted in news articles and those along with the Dossier were used to get warrants from the Fisa court. FISA has confirmed without the Dossier and the news articles to back up the Dossier they would never have issued the 3 warrants to wiretap and spy on Trumps people.

This is why I say many people need to go to jail. Muller is not impartial, he was a mentor of Comey and has an ax to grind on Trump for him firing Comey. Clearly the crimes here are obstruction of justice by FBI and DOJ about Hillary's servers! I tell you this is the stuff that revolutions are based on. I have just about zero faith in any part of the Fed Gov, it is a swamp and it needs to be drained, scrubbed and sterilized!
    I'd say it is more of a dump and needs to be bulldozed.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I haven't read the memo yet, but I hope to today. What I have read, though is not as bad as I had feared. Don't take that to mean that I am good with what the memo portrays, I am not. The issues raised by the memo need to be investigated, preferably not by the FBI or DOJ and any officials found to have acted against our Constitution and our laws need to be fired and prosecuted.

The thing that gets me most about what we are finding out is how an investigation was started using falsified evidence with the goal of finding something. Finding something is a forgone conclusion because we have so many, and sometimes contradictory, laws. This can be seen in the letter to Mueller telling him to investigate: 1) Any evidence of Russian collusion with the Trump campaign; and 2) Anything else that may be uncovered as part of the investigation. This was not an investigation to determine if a specific thing (collusion with Russia) was done illegally it is an open ended investigation to find anything that can be used to impeach Trump. This, by the way, is a violation of the 4th Amendment and as such needs to stop.
    I think this opens up anyone charged by Mueller as fruit from the poisonous tree. If the first warrant was committing/ perjury omitting pertinent facts to the FISA judge it's all ill gotten. If I were one of the two or three who were charged under crimes after that, I'd have a serious talk with my attorney about throwing out any and all charges on that fact.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

The whole thing is disturbing, a paid for dossier from a competing campaign is given to a crowd of partisan hacks in the FBI and DOJ, then leaked by the guy that was paid to produce it to reinforce even more warrants. This is way worse than Watergate, our own gov't was actively trying to subvert the will of the people. As far as I'm concerned, this is the definition of treason. Comey, McCabe, Shruck, Lynch, Rosenstein and wherever it leads upwards from there all need to be investigated and prosecuted. No more of this retire and walk into the sunset Holder and Lerner. People belong in jail.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

This is just the beginning.

Nunes has a second memo coming soon that deals with the State Dept. That oughta be a barn burner! The senate also has parallel investigations.

Batten down the hatches because the Storm is here.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Justice Department says Mueller probe lawful

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department has backed Special Counsel Robert Mueller over a lawsuit filed against him by Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, and argued that the case should be dismissed. Manafort sued Mueller on Jan. 3, saying his office’s investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia in the 2016 presidential election exceeded its legal authority.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1FN0HQ

Looks like Sessions' DOJ isn't quite on-board...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

The ruling was that the claim made by Manafort's attorney in civil court had no merit. They are basically arguing over the limitations or lack of with regards to what the special counsel can or cannot investigate. AFAIK a special counsel is supposed to have quite a bit of latitude in order to uncover wrongdoing that might not be under a more traditional investigation
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

do not forget mccain thought so much of that file he paid to have staff flown to Britain
    to bring it back to him so he could feed it to buzzfeed.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    There's a whole lot a people that need to be jailed.
    Wouldn't the ChiCom method be more appropriate?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”