Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of you maybe happy

Well hell got a fun fact. The doc I was supposed to see isn't taking new people. Only took them 4 days to figure
    out this small item. Back to zero and start again tomorrow.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    That stuff makes me nauseous. If I take it, I feel like I have a stomach virus.

Interesting. Biggest complaint I've ever heard of hydrocodone is that it makes people ITCH.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Codeine is all that I am allergic to and I was on Tn3 at a concert at THE FOX and was itching from
    head to toe. But the music helped. There are different doses and mixes. The moved me to a different thing because
    of other considerations.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    If you are unlucky he cuts you off and you switch to street drugs after spending a few years of trying to con doctors out of scripts.
    With DEA programs like ARCOS and ever more ridiculous and oppressive state laws, it's almost impossible to "doctor shop".

It's also more difficult for a person with true chronic pain to get the (legal) meds they need without being looked upon as a criminal by everyone.

Of course, this just drives the hard core addicts to say "to hell with being treated like a criminal and begging the doctor to refill the script on time" and switch to street opiates like heroin.

Then, when the person overdoses and dies, the government says "we need tougher drug laws" AND they lump things like hydrocodone in with heroin in order to vilify it.

Typical... government causes the problem, government tries to solve problem, government makes problem worse.

Sound familiar?

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Very much. You should see the way the person behind the counter looks at you.
    I had a asshat at the pharmacy ask me why I was taking these, it was none off his business
    but I pulled up my shirt and showed him the 24 staples in my back.

be the heat..

Things change and the pain is growing with the moments of time.
    I was able to nail down a time at 9 a Fri. morning.

Could be worse and is heading that way. Ramble on sing my song going round the world......

be the heat..

There is no way i will make it until Feb. 9 at 9.
    I am going up there this morning to see if they can fit me in.
    Wish me luck.. I have hurt in many ways in my life but have never
    had it drive me as now. My wife is so upset she cannot sleep and is all emotional
    asking me "what can I do to help?" While i understand the sentiment there is nothing she can do.
    So I am up and counting seconds, minutes, hours until this place( I have NEVER been too) opens
    and I put my body in someone else's hands.

Could be worse. It could be Saturday morning.....

be the heat..

Well hell it seems that it will be the 13th after all. I went to this place this morning trying to jump
    the appt. to today. The tv is on the view, smells of incense or potpourri they hand me all the legal documents
    to write on and low and behold the last doc was another person. Literally i had ever thing about this woman
    except the ss number.

It wasn't an accidental pick up, I watched the woman print the package from the system and hers was the last page.
    I HAD to change clothes and shower from the smell. 3rd world shit.....
    Just fuck only 4 more days.
    Last edited by l921428x; 02-08-2018 at 03:37 PM.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

Also be prepared to be scorned as a dope addict by the pharmacy each time you get a refill.
    I have major insomnia and can only sleep if I take Ambien or Lunesta. I know all about pharmacy harassment when trying to fill a prescription for these meds. For example, if going on a vacation I cannot fill a prescription early and I can only refill Ambien at the pharmacy where the prescription was first filled. One night I was unable to sleep because the Pharmacy I use had their available pharmacists call in sick. I can't even contemplate the harassment one would be subjected to when on long term use of pain killers. I hope all of the politicians jumping on the anti-painkiller bandwagon die a miserable, protracted, and painful death from cancer or something similar.

I know I guy who still has a wound draining from the Vietnam war and has been on pain killers for decades. He is now recently cut off from pain medications due to changes in VA policy. Hard to imagine that this is the way our politicians treat our vets.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Very much. You should see the way the person behind the counter looks at you.
    I had a asshat at the pharmacy ask me why I was taking these, it was none off his business
    but I pulled up my shirt and showed him the 24 staples in my back.
    Call the pharmacy corporate office and demand this guy be fired for harassing you. I have done this a few times and it results in a major attitude adjustment.

Dr.'s office calls and tells me that the doc that is supposed to see me Tuesday will not give me a script
    for pain meds. ??? That is the only reason I called, you know I do have a referral from the Neurosurgeon
    that cut me? Ah..........hold please........Thanks for holding. Come on in on Tuesday.

This is strange.

be the heat..

Well I am up again and my lower body is screaming.

There are few times in your life when you will meet a human god. Mine is Tuesday. This total stranger is going to look at me
    and decide to have mercy or not. Hell it is not even a Gladiator fight. Just me and a stranger in a 12 x 12 or so room
    with me telling them something they will never feel.

I have run so many conversations in my my mind. Remember what Jacki told me "Pain lets you know you are alive."
    Well boys I am living the high life.

But it can ALWAYS be worse.

be the heat..

Got punted. Life is the same except for my shoes.......

be the heat..

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I have major insomnia and can only sleep if I take Ambien or Lunesta. I know all about pharmacy harassment when trying to fill a prescription for these meds. For example, if going on a vacation I cannot fill a prescription early and I can only refill Ambien at the pharmacy where the prescription was first filled. One night I was unable to sleep because the Pharmacy I use had their available pharmacists call in sick. I can't even contemplate the harassment one would be subjected to when on long term use of pain killers. I hope all of the politicians jumping on the anti-painkiller bandwagon die a miserable, protracted, and painful death from cancer or something similar.

I know I guy who still has a wound draining from the Vietnam war and has been on pain killers for decades. He is now recently cut off from pain medications due to changes in VA policy. Hard to imagine that this is the way our politicians treat our vets.
    i feel half sorry for ppl that face this. just half because half are just junkies or selling pills, but now that im on a huge cocktail of pills, i see how things work. i get 90 day prescriptions. one of the last refills i got 3- 30 count bottles of one of my meds (the most expensive one, of course) when i got home, one was sealed. one was opened with about 10 missing, and one was open with 4 pills in it. this has happend to me SEVERAL times. ive never had a problem with just walking in and getting things fixed, becuae they are just cholesterol or blood sugar drugs, but i cant help but think, because i seen it before, and i have thought it myself, what if i was on some opiod? would they hand over those extra pills so easily? i doubt it. more likey theyd be thinking i was just some scum bag junkie or pill pusher. add to tht i know of quite a few ppl in the area who got caught and fired doing the "27 for you, 3 for me" deal going home with a bottle of oxy every day, i can imagine how those ppl were looked at when they ran out of pills early every month.

Deth - would it be fair to make a wager that, the next time you get those meds, you will examine every bottle before you leave the pharmacy?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Deth - would it be fair to make a wager that, the next time you get those meds, you will examine every bottle before you leave the pharmacy?
    most times i send someone for them, but again, they are nothinng with a black market value. if they were smething harder to replace, like narcotics, then absolutely i would.

you cannot send people for narcotics. you have to drive the miles to the office. you have to sign in. you have to show photo id.
    you then leave and repeat at wherever you go for the script.

member this if you need a script and your dumbass doc is on vacation... you are fucked.

be the heat..

I wanted to put off the bullshit and tried but the pain has gotten so intense that 3/5 I will
    be actively hunting something.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    you cannot send people for narcotics. you have to drive the miles to the office. you have to sign in. you have to show photo id.
    you then leave and repeat at wherever you go for the script.

member this if you need a script and your dumbass doc is on vacation... you are fucked.
    Exactly what I have experienced with getting Ambian or Lunesta.

The dumb assess lost the paper work I signed for release of info. Goddamn shit birds..... Here is a pdf copy fill it out
    and bring it back.

be the heat..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast