Thread: YOU GUYS IN RED A QUESTION.. NOT THAT MANY WILL CARE

YOU GUYS IN RED A QUESTION.. NOT THAT MANY WILL CARE

since I am the one presenting it to the board.

Where and why do whole threads disappear? How many make the decision? And why
    are the decisions made? I wrote a thread less than a month ago about having a high fever.
    Gone..fever and thread and others about snow in my state gone. If it is so we can have some communal
    stuff, it does not work.

But this is common knowledge I was banned from here for a year and the thread is no longer here.
    The mod pulled the ban back but still.....
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    There was a problem with the servers and a whole lot of threads were lost for the month of January.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Are you sure the high fever didn't cause delusions!?!

Actually, N/A is right. There was a minor crash and we lost about 30 days worth of posts. There is a thread about it but I cannot find it at the moment.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Are you sure the high fever didn't cause delusions!?!

Actually, N/A is right. There was a minor crash and we lost about 30 days worth of posts. There is a thread about it but I cannot find it at the moment.
    The only delusions caused were the ones that I did not need to go to the doctor. But Ok I didn't get that memo. Thanks Richard.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    since I am the one presenting it to the board.

Where and why do whole threads disappear? How many make the decision? And why
    are the decisions made? I wrote a thread less than a month ago about having a high fever.
    Gone..fever and thread and others about snow in my state gone. If it is so we can have some communal
    stuff, it does not work.

But this is common knowledge I was banned from here for a year and the thread is no longer here.
    The mod pulled the ban back but still.....
    As far as I know, the only "threads" that "disappear" are the ones started by advertising bots. The bot gets perma-banned and the whole ad-filled thread gets moved to a hidden forum.

A regular user, if he created a "bad" thread, would be asked to edit or delete the "bad" content and maybe the thread would get moved to the Roadhouse.

You are being paranoid. There are no ghost admins watching over your shoulder deleting your posts and threads.

As far as recently is concerned, there was quite a bit of work done on the server and a few things got screwed up or lost. Most stuff got fixed.

Sorry, but you cannot expect Gunsnet to run PERFECTLY, YEAR AFTER YEAR, without a hiccup sometime.......

Nobody is out to get you.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Wow. Strange. I did not say anyone was out to get me but Schuetze. But that is old news since he let me back in.

You Cannot Get Me anyway......and I was not implying such things. But it is also not like you do not know where
    I live.

I think others have asked about this or too stupid to notice......56 members. Ok, Get a bigger boot.

be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Our site has seemed to have a lot of issues lately.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

But it is still working....

be the heat..

But it is still working....
    Tell that to someone who has tried to upload a picture in different threads - multiple times !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JT I have had that problem and for me is that little box on the bottom left
    . I un checked it and was able to download. The one that says retrieve remote file.

I use Imgur BTW

be the heat..

JT I have had that problem and for me is that little box on the bottom left
    . I un checked it and was able to download. The one that says retrieve remote file.

I use Imgur BTW
    Thanks for the suggestion but the images I'm trying to post are on my computer, not some 3rd party site.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion but the images I'm trying to post are on my computer, not some 3rd party site.
    Good luck, I've tried for years and get an error everytime. I use tinypic at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Good luck, I've tried for years and get an error everytime. I use tinypic at this point.
    How is that upload mechanism for a thread different from the one for our avatars? Or is this something that happened with some recent update as that av of mine has been up for several years.

Well it is not only the users that are strange

be the heat..

Wow. Strange. I did not say anyone was out to get me but Schuetze. But that is old news since he let me back in.

You Cannot Get Me anyway......and I was not implying such things. But it is also not like you do not know where
    I live.

I think others have asked about this or too stupid to notice......56 members. Ok, Get a bigger boot.
    Scheutze is not "out to get" you or anyone else. I don't know the exact reason for what happened with you, but I can tell you one thing about me:

As you (may) know I am a soft hearted sucker. When others want to restrain or ban someone, I am always the one who says "ah give him one more chance" or "maybe he was just ...whatever... and didn't mean it".

Even with that, a day or two after the Sandy Hoax "shooting" (when I still believed it), one member here did or said something that was no big deal and I snapped at him and banned him.

Then, thinking about how wrong I was and why I did what I did, I looked up the guy's email, apologized to him, removed the ban and asked him to come back.

After he came back, I publicly apologized to him in a thread. I still can't believe that I, the soft hearted sucker, actually did a perma-ban strictly due to an emotional feeling. I thought I was better than that.

Anyway, the point is the same thing can happen with anyone, and if it does it doesn't mean that anyone is out to get anyone... maybe it was just a spur-of-the-moment mistake.

Forget about it. Everything is cool. OK?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post

What happens if you click on the button?

Thanks for the Gallery link Krupski. I was able to get the desired photo to upload there BUT it still wouldn't upload to the Random thread. All I could do was to add the link from the Gallery page where the photo is located.
    http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/sho...age-38&cat=500

With Krupski's help, here is what I could do. Thanks Krupski ! Still doesn't have the word "medium" in the link but, by playing around with the "Linked Thumb" and "Linked Image" under "Additional Info" on the right, I first got the thumbnail in then the picture.
    Now the question is, how much more do you want to see??

Last edited by JTHunter; 02-23-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks for the Gallery link Krupski. I was able to get the desired photo to upload there BUT it still wouldn't upload to the Random thread. All I could do was to add the link from the Gallery page where the photo is located.
    http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/sho...age-38&cat=500

Ah ha I see. Well, here's what I do: I upload a pic, then get the "linked medium" link, then paste it in, but I have to edit it first! Look:

[u.r.l.=http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2737&title=trigger&cat=500][i.m.g.]http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/medium/trigger.jpg[/i.m.g.][/u.r.l.]

The bolded part is wrong. What you need to do is COPY the URL between the IMG tags and replace the bolded part with the new URL... after removing the "medium" word, like this:

[u.r.l.=http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/trigger.jpg][i.m.g.]http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/medium/trigger.jpg[/i.m.g.][/u.r.l.]

Notice that I added dots in "URL" so that you could read it and not have it be an actual image.

The idea is this: Anything between the URL.../URL tags is a clickable link. Anything between the IMG.../IMG tags is an image.

So, if you have this: URL <link to full image> IMG <link to an image thumbnail> /IMG /URL

You have a clickable link that shows the small (thumbnail) image and gives you the full size image when you click on the image.

Now, here's your pic as uploaded:

If you click the upper right icon on the editor that says "Switch to source mode" you will see what I did.

Hope this helps.