Thread: 18 School Shootings This Year

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

18 School Shootings This Year

I heard this on ABC and have since read articles stating that this is being repeated by the MSM. I thought the statistic was suspect, but when I found out the statistic was put out by Any Town, I knew it was. Here are the 18 "school shootings" being counted by Any Town. It would be nice if reporters actually checked up on items that they did not do the research on.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no...rticle/2649183
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I heard about this "18 school shootings" on Glenn Beck yesterday and they did an analysis of the data. Everything the MSM stated was agenda driven and misleading.

Those who don't do the research, themselves, are being led around by the nose by the anti-American leftist media.

Journalists are not interested in doing any research, either, and will just say/print what they are told to say/print.

Fake news all the way.

It's time to view newspapers, liberal talk shows, and liberal tv news programs as what they really are....nothing more than entertainment and the speakers/experts/journalists are nothing more than actors.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I heard this on ABC and have since read articles stating that this is being repeated by the MSM. I thought the statistic was suspect, but when I found out the statistic was put out by Any Town, I knew it was. Here are the 18 "school shootings" being counted by Any Town. It would be nice if reporters actually checked up on items that they did not do the research on.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no...rticle/2649183
    I heard on the "Rush Limbaugh" radio show that the 18 figure was a lie, but he didn't say what the true number was.

Anyway, I emailed him something... for what it's worth:

Dear Rush,

I've been listening to all the liberal crap from the left about school shootings and the "blame"
    being placed on Pres. Trump, the NRA, the Second Amendment, ad-nauseaum.

I've also heard countless ideas on how to "solve" the shooting problem from all sides and I
    realize that NOBODY has mentioned the true and (when you know it, obvious) cause.

When did these school shootings start? When did "zero tolerance" policies in schools start?

Ah-ha! Interesting! Both started more or less at the same time!

When I went to high school in the early 1970's, we didn't have "zero tolerance" policies and
    we didn't have school shootings.

For example, when a bully challenged another student, the two met in the schoolyard after
    classes, a ring of students formed around them, maybe a teacher or two attended just to
    make sure things didn't get out of hand and the fight began.

A swing here, a punch there, a bloody nose or a black eye and it was over. In most cases,
    the two guys shook hands afterwards. The idea was to show the bully that you weren't
    a coward, and the bully never bothered the kid again.

At home (or at school), we never "ratted" on anyone. That was our "law". We told our
    parents "we tripped and hit the doorframe" or some other baloney. They knew full it
    was a fight, but they let it slide. No police, no lawsuits, no desire for revenge, no knives
    or guns. It was OVER.

Today's schools still, of course, have bullies, but there is now the threat of suspension
    or expulsion if one stands up to the bully. And of course, somehow the bully always
    manages to taunt without being caught.

The end result? The bully picks on a kid and the kid can do nothing. The bullying
    continues day after day, week after week and finally the victim can't take it any longer.

So, he steals dad's gun, brings it to school and proceeds to get payback. He shoots the
    bully. He shoots the bully's girlfriend. He shoots the girl who wouldn't go on a date
    with him. He shoots the teachers who gave him a C when (in his mind) it should have
    been a B. He shoots anyone else who even remotely ever angered him because he knows
    that now he's gone too far and has to get them ALL in this one opportunity.

And, of course, due to the "Gun Free Victims Zone" signs and policies of the school, there
    is no one else armed to stop him. He just shoots until he's out of ammo.

Then everyone says "I can't believe it... Johnny was such a QUIET boy!" and "we need more
    gun laws". Nobody notices that Johnny was pushed past his breaking point and nobody
    notices that there already WERE laws against assault and murder and they didn't work.

It's not a "psychological" problem. Johnny didn't need drugs or counseling. There was
    NOTHING wrong with him. All he needed was a chance to LEGALLY do what every man
    needs to do at one time or another - STAND UP FOR HIMSELF. Deny him that and you
    eventually get a shooting. Doesn't take a PhD in Psychology to see that.

Want to solve the school shooting problem? Take all the rabid liberal left wing politicians
    who came up with "zero tolerance" policies and made them into law and torture them to
    death. That's the least they deserve for all the blood on their hands.

-- Roger

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Don't remember where I read it but the number was closer to 8 and one that was counted was a negligent discharge that thankfully hurt nobody.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

even 7 is a rediculous number.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

On the Glenn Beck show, they did an analysis of the "18" school shootings this year. Only 2 would can be seen as deliberate acts counting as mass school shootings. The rest were due to negligence, accidental discharge, suicide, or drive-by shooting into the school building itself.

The "18" was a deliberate misrepresentation by the fake news outlets.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars