Thread: E.P.A. attacking TEXAS

E.P.A. attacking TEXAS

As we enjoyed the start of a well deserved weekend on Friday, January 14th, 2011,

the EPA launched a direct assault on Texas industry, and oil refineries regarding

"green house gas" emission.

They are trying to increase the price of fuel to 5~6 dollars/gal.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101223/...s_epa_vs_texas

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

Yup. I think we're the only state that hasn't jumped on board. I actually amid the refinery area near the Houston Ship Channel and can tell you firsthand how heavily regulated the plants already. They make Shell gasoline about 2 miles from my house and yet our gas is more expensive here than it is away from town. The more they make these companies pay for compliance the more we're all gonna pay. Not to mention the effect that it will have on our jobs. The oil business is just now starting to pick up and our local economy is starting to look brighter than it has been. I hope Gov. Rick Perry and our state legislators stick to their guns so to speak and refuse to go along with the Feds.

Perry's a pretty slimy politician, but I hope he fights these asshats hammer-and-tong.

The EPA is going to do the same things in Wyoming, Florida, Arizona,

Idaho, Kansas, Oregon, and Arkansas
    . (for those, who disliked Texas ... lol)

ETA

Time to cut the EPA's budget by half.
    Last edited by MOP; 01-18-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

I think the current game plan is to try and do through the EPA, what they can't accomplish in congress. The liberal elites obviously have co-opted the tree hugger nonsense and are trying every trick in the book to turn this once great nation into North Korea.

Grass soup anyone?
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    I think the current game plan is to try and do through the EPA, what they can't accomplish in congress. The liberal elites obviously have co-opted the tree hugger nonsense and are trying every trick in the book to turn this once great nation into North Korea.

Grass soup anyone?

Yep, they're doing the Curly Shuffle around Congress and are hopefully going to get smacked for it!

Grass soup and our Transportation system ala the Flintstones!

Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    ....regarding "green house gas" emission......
    ARGHHHH!!! I am so sick of that BS. Carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas. Plain old water vapor (clouds) hold in tons more heat than CO2 does.

I know... let's ban clouds...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Fight Texas Fight!

If Congress hasn't approved, the EPA administers in Texas should be arrested!

Rage

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post

If Congress hasn't approved, the EPA administers in Texas should be arrested!

Rage
    Problem is, the Congress pretty much gave the EPA carte blanche to do whatever they wanted on anything that can be even remotely construed to affect the environment. It's the same as the BATFE with guns. We wait with baited breath for ATF to issue a "ruling" on certain things. Who the fuck are they to issue "rulings"? Those assclowns aren't judges, yet Congress has given them that authority, further compounding their (Congess') increasing irrelevance.

The EPA is doing the dirty works, that the C-in-C refused to do.

The usage, of the EPA, provided him with a certain amount of

Plausible Deniability....... if there's a 'revolt'.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Texas needs to stand up to these EPA thugs and tell them enough is enough. There has got to be a time when the cost/benefit ratio has to be taken into account, and raising the costs of gasoline for a minor change in emissions is stupid bordering on criminal.
    Especially when people are already having problems figuring how to afford food which has gone up in price do to increased transportation and farming costs going up due to increased feel-good regulations.

Time for all of Texas, and other states being badgered by these "unfunded mandates" to stand up and JUST SAY NO!

I like that, "Just Say No".