Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AMC - The Walking Dead

I though the second episode was really good too. When they were on the roof talking about a distraction, that though did enter my mind, throw the idiot overboard, lol.

That was kind of stupid, why didn't J dog or whatever his name is, just toss him the hacksaw and run.

I just download the episodes what time do they actually come on?

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I just download the episodes what time do they actually come on?
    I think it's 10 PM Eastern every Sunday.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    they run them saturday night aswell

Okay, I was a bit upset with tonights ep.

They act like the world isn't messed up right now.
    WTF people, zombies will eat you.... find a secure place and hunker down!!!
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

No shit Moe... I'll be damned if I'm going to rely on a line of cans and a tent to protect my ass. And I'm sorry, but is it that damned hard to find guns in a major city like Atlanta? It makes no sense. Fuck, I have more firepower than they do in my own house.

The end of the episode was good... pretty brutal. This season will be pretty boring. Wait until the next season. SHIT GOES DOWN, SON!

Hadn't watched any of it till tonight and got caught up. Kinda like it so far. Pretty gruesome FX. To those that know (cause I don't), are they exaggerating the gunshot wounds? What they are showing doesn't jive with what I've experienced with hunting. Also, they really treat guns and ammo way too scarce in my opinion. Maybe it's just the company I keep, but I would suspect they would be able to find a LOT more a LOT easier.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Just watched the first one on demand good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Hadn't watched any of it till tonight and got caught up. Kinda like it so far. Pretty gruesome FX. To those that know (cause I don't), are they exaggerating the gunshot wounds? What they are showing doesn't jive with what I've experienced with hunting. Also, they really treat guns and ammo way too scarce in my opinion. Maybe it's just the company I keep, but I would suspect they would be able to find a LOT more a LOT easier.
    I live in the Atlanta area, and I've got at least 10k rounds of .22, (For casual zombie poping,) and a fair stock of ammo for my AR and AK.

I need more.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 gewehr44's Avatar

So episode 2 introduced us to the racist redneck character & now episode 3 has the wife beating redneck character. Terrific.

Yeah, I also wonder if they're taking security seriously enough. I'm guessing the limited ammo & variety of characters is to keep the plot interesting.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Singapore is a week behind in airing these, so I just saw episode two.

Gore camo = good. So, in this show, the "zombie rules" are that they hunt living humans by sight (fast movement), sound and smell. As long as they stick with it consistently.

Relative rarity of firearms = silly. In Chicago or Toronto, maybe. In Atlanta or anywhere in the South, hell no!

The guy on the roof is a real liability and, in reality, being handcuffed and with the door padlocked shut would be a death sentence. But, this is TV, so we'll DEFINITELY see him again.

I was just glad that, in the opening scene when he was still in the tank (which, BTW, I read is actually a British tank mocked up as an M1) he didn't drive on a kickass spree, firing the main gun and coax and such. That would have been too "typical Hollywood crap" for me, glad it didn't happen.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

LOL, yeah on the lack of guns I was also going WTF! Oh we have to go back to Atlanta and get my duffle bag of outdated pump shot guns and 7 whole handguns with 700 total rounds of ammo! (rolling eyes) Hello producers of the show, ever hear of a thing called .... a Gun Shop!?!

That coupled with my own collection having close to 8k in .223 as loaded ammo or components for one caliber, is really starting to annoy me seriously. This is the US, not the UK!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I remember in the the first episode when the deputy and the father/son were at the police station entering the armory, the deputy said something like, "The better stuff is gone" or something to that extent. Still, there's got to be plenty of better firearms SOMEWHERE. Any liberals watching this series is probably getting ideas: "Hey, if we have a zombie invasion, all the evil assault-baby-killing firearms will disappear and only them pesky huntin' guns will be left for us to ban or confiscate!"

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

You need to logically assume, that when the zombie situation originally started, that every gun store out there was "emptied!"

I mean seriously, if you and I saw this going down on the news, we'd be there stocking up, no matter how much we already had!!!! Remember 9/11 anyone?

I doubt any gun store would have "anything" on their shelves right now...

You would also have to assume that, once the zombie situation originally started, that a whole lot of rounds were expended. It's taken two years just for .380 ammo to get back on the shelves, and that's was simply caused by a Kenyan Zombie winning POTUS!

....also, FWIW, would the show be more interesting and scary if they had an unlimited amount of firearms and resources? Or, is having a Colt Python with only four rounds a little more scary? I think I'd get bored if they 'start off' having belt-feds and assault rifles! If I were personally in this situation, having a .12ga with only 9 rounds in it, is more scary when you have thousands of zombies walking at you!

I think the show is doing OK. And I'm fine with the 'redneck' clown aspects of the show. Seems realistic to me!
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Anyone else notice that after the show last night it said, "only three episodes left"! Unless I heard wrong this is only a six episode season. That sucks!! If they run a second season it might be next fall before that starts.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

That show proved one thing for sure... anyone who doesn't own guns, and ammo for them, is fked if the SHTF.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    It's taken two years just for .380 ammo to get back on the shelves, and that's was simply caused by a Kenyan Zombie winning POTUS!

"Kenyan Zombie"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Anyone else notice that after the show last night it said, "only three episodes left"! Unless I heard wrong this is only a six episode season. That sucks!! If they run a second season it might be next fall before that starts.
    Yeah, I hear that as well.
    The last 3 better be real good!
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    The guy on the roof is a real liability and, in reality, being handcuffed and with the door padlocked shut would be a death sentence. But, this is TV, so we'll DEFINITELY see him again.
    The guy on the roof had only two ways to escape... through the chained door or by jumping over the side. Since the door was still chained and the guy was gone (except for his hand, which he left behind), I have to wonder exactly WHERE he went....

(the zombie eating the deer near the camp looked an awful lot like the guy who was cuffed to the roof...)

Seems a bit odd that the roof redneck didnt try to get the hacksaw a bit earlier rather than going nutty then getting the saw. Also, seems like it would be easier to either cut through the cuffs or at least through the rusty bar he was cuffed to. It also is driving me nuts that they are just camping out rather than building or finding some sort of secure base. Hanging out around the camp fire...just a bunch of tents...

Maybe Im old school, but for me, Id cut the cuffs, or the metal its attached to, rather than my hand.

In a world of no antibiotics or doctors nearby, a bloody stump has a way of ruining your day.

I watched it last night, and I have to say, that it seems to me, that finally zombie/shtf have hit mainstream tv media, and I dont think I like what they did with it!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast