Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: AMC - The Walking Dead

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Camping out my not be such a bad idea. The zombies are pretty much in the cities since that's where they died. They don't drive so they can't cover lots of ground quickly.

By camping in the woods they are putting themselves outside the usual area the zombies are in but inside the area that can provide water and wild game. Plus they appear to have few firearms and ammo. Defending a building may be less of an option than simply taking flight if large numbers of zombies start showing up.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Anyone else notice that after the show last night it said, "only three episodes left"! Unless I heard wrong this is only a six episode season. That sucks!! If they run a second season it might be next fall before that starts.
    AMC orginally only signed up for 6 episodes, but the internet hype before the premiere was so big that AMC has already signed up for a 12 episode 2nd season. All of AMC's shows have short seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    Maybe Im old school, but for me, Id cut the cuffs, or the metal its attached to, rather than my hand.

In a world of no antibiotics or doctors nearby, a bloody stump has a way of ruining your day.

I watched it last night, and I have to say, that it seems to me, that finally zombie/shtf have hit mainstream tv media, and I dont think I like what they did with it!
    The vertical piece of metal looked like a rusty pipe. It would probably have been easy to cut through that. I wouldn't cut off my HAND unless there were absolutely no other choice.

Of course, the severed hand lying there on the roof was a bit more dramatic than a cut pipe would have been.....
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Camping out my not be such a bad idea. The zombies are pretty much in the cities since that's where they died. They don't drive so they can't cover lots of ground quickly.

By camping in the woods they are putting themselves outside the usual area the zombies are in but inside the area that can provide water and wild game. Plus they appear to have few firearms and ammo. Defending a building may be less of an option than simply taking flight if large numbers of zombies start showing up.
    I don't know.....
    The black guy with the son was/is doing pretty well.
    A small town, a good building....... I would be able to sleep at night, but to camp would have my nerves too high and I might kill someone instead of a walker.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    I don't know.....
    The black guy with the son was/is doing pretty well.
    A small town, a good building....... I would be able to sleep at night, but to camp would have my nerves too high and I might kill someone instead of a walker.
    True but it was just the two of them and they relied on the zombies to wander away from the area so they could get out and forage. A larger group of people presents larger issues.

Did anyone else notive in last night's episode the guy drives into camp with jerry cans of water and tells them to remember to boil it yet later on they are all down at the quarry with plenty of water. Did he drive down to the same quarry just to get a few cans of water, seems like waste of gas.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

True but it was just the two of them and they relied on the zombies to wander away from the area so they could get out and forage. A larger group of people presents larger issues.

Did anyone else notive in last night's episode the guy drives into camp with jerry cans of water and tells them to remember to boil it yet later on they are all down at the quarry with plenty of water. Did he drive down to the same quarry just to get a few cans of water, seems like waste of gas.
    They use that area for washing, so I guess he gets it from another source?
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

The wife beater was sitting on the back of a truck, watching the women work.
    So I would think they rode down the hill in the back of the vehicle with the clothes.

Also why guy used his jeep to haul alot of water.

The wife beater was sitting on the back of a truck, watching the women work.
    So I would think they rode down the hill in the back of the vehicle with the clothes.

Also why guy used his jeep to haul alot of water.
    Seems like they'd haul clothes down and water and clothes back. Worse case you carry water and save the gas for get aways. Sure hauling water sucks but wasting gas to drive back and forth, especially for laundry is stupid. The fact that the men aren't even keeping watch, (playing with the boy and watching the women work doesn't count) or working shows they aren't serious about their survival.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Did anyone notice that the belt fed 50 on the tank was loaded?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

A mini gun would clean up a zombie problem pretty quick.....but then the show would be over.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Did anyone notice that the belt fed 50 on the tank was loaded?
    I did notice that. Still haven't figured out why the crew didn't just button up and move off rather than leave a top and bottom hatch open and abandon the tank? Gonna try and rewatch that episode cause now that I think about it were there even any dead zombies laying around the tank? Surely they didn't overrun a tank without the crew firing a shot from anything. IIRC when he took the Beretta off the zombie/soldier in the tank he chambered a round so he hadn't even fired his sidearm?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Just watched it again and the only dead body any where near the tank was a soldier being pecked by crows so he either shot himself or was killed by someone else since he didn't become a walker.

Anyone else think the zombie that got off the bus and stood there looking at the cop when he was shutting the turret hatch on the tank looks like Kevin Bacon? My wife swears that's who it is.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I did notice that. Still haven't figured out why the crew didn't just button up and move off rather than leave a top and bottom hatch open and abandon the tank? Gonna try and rewatch that episode cause now that I think about it were there even any dead zombies laying around the tank? Surely they didn't overrun a tank without the crew firing a shot from anything. IIRC when he took the Beretta off the zombie/soldier in the tank he chambered a round so he hadn't even fired his sidearm?
    Wrong analysis. The Sheriff searched the guys LBV and all the mag pouches were empty. That was hs last magazine is what I make of it.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Maybe Im old school, but for me, Id cut the cuffs, or the metal its attached to, rather than my hand.

In a world of no antibiotics or doctors nearby, a bloody stump has a way of ruining your day.
    Seriously, a person whould have to be a mental midget or insane to not cut the cuff or the allthread rod used to support that insulated pipe. Allthread is soft as butter, even a reasonbly dull hacksaw blade could cut thorugh that stuff. Bet that hand was Rosey Palm too.

The fact that the men aren't even keeping watch, (playing with the boy and watching the women work doesn't count) or working shows they aren't serious about their survival.
    Yep.... it's the end of the world & they wanna splash in water.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Wrong analysis. The Sheriff searched the guys LBV and all the mag pouches were empty. That was hs last magazine is what I make of it.
    So the soldier let's the slide go home on an empty chamber, inserts a full mag, reholsters the pistol and snaps the catch on the holster after firing all other mags empty? That doesn't seem quite right either. Also what's the deal, was the soldier/zombie in the tank sleeping? IIRC when the sheriff came out of the house with the black guy and his son there was a zombie sitting down against a column or something like he was asleep.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

So the soldier let's the slide go home on an empty chamber, inserts a full mag, reholsters the pistol and snaps the catch on the holster after firing all other mags empty? That doesn't seem quite right either.
    And if that strikes you as unrealistic, they also have reanimated corpses running aorund trying to eat all the main characters. Who comes up with this stuff right?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Random replies to comments above:

1. I think (could be wrong) that the .50 on the tank has no ammo box. There is a view of the tank over the top of another vehicle, a HumVee I think, and it has a .50 mounted with an ammo box and belt loaded.

2. I also couldn't figure out what the story was at the military post in ATL. But, best I can guess is that a decision to pull out was made and most of the soldiers left in other vehicles, abandoning some. The guy in the tank was bitten, took refuge in there, died and maybe he just reanimated when the cop got in the tank? I thought maybe the cop pulled the slide to check that there was a round chambered?

3. I gather that some of the zombies are active, moving randomly about looking for food, while others are more passive and immobile. Thus the two on the bus, and maybe the soldier in the tank too.

I'm enjoying he show.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

I also have to say, after watching again, that racist cuffed man isn't all there - so why question his hand sawing? LOL He was off in la-la land for a while, then all of a sudden looks down and sees the cuffs again? I wouldn't put anything past the crazy man...

As for keeping watch, haven't you guys noticed that there is ALWAYS someone on top of the RV! You can often see him looking through binoculars. The person is often sitting in a lawn chair, under the umbrella, but he's there. It seems to be the highest point in the area.

...but, it's just a TV show folks. And none of these guys (cops included) probably know anything about firearms like we "GunsNet Commandos" do!
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

what's not to like, head shots and hatchets. great training videos..

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast