Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: AMC - The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    Thanks!!!
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Next, given the info the Doc showed them, i.e., basically the only zombie brain activity being in the medulla oblongata...that would mean you could destroy most of the brain and they'd keep coming. The only way to stop them would be to take out the brain stem at the top of the spine. Yet time after time they blow off the tops of their heads and they go down. At least when patient 19 was offed, it was a diagonally downward shot that took out the brain stem...so that was realistic, but most of the rest, the crossbow to the eye, the head shots to the forehead...between the eyes, wouldn't do shit to them, they'd keep coming until you destroyed the brain stem.
    Brainstem or not... no motor area, no walking. No eyes, no see the target. No olfactory bulb, no smell the fresh humans.

They may twitch after an eyeball shot, but they won't get back up and chase you.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

So is this the last episode for the season? Only 7 shows doesn't seem like much. I hate it when they bait you with a good show and then the first season is only 7 episodes. I usually lose interest and forget about it by the next season. I will probably just read the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Daryl hauls the bike because it belongs to his brother, Meryl.

The doctor told Rick that his wife his pregnant.

This is just my two cents.
    Maybe he told him one of them was infected, although that would be pretty predictable.

Thumbs down

Cypher... the comics aren't the same. Rick is already dead in the comic book strip by now.

edit to add.... there's a pink thumbs down above my post, I don't know how I put it there... didn't mean to if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    There's also no evidence to date that the heart, lungs or circulatory systems are still functional. .
    We know they at least breath, because they use smell to find prey ( see episode "Guts") and they make vocal sounds.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

Yes it was a short first season but I think it's predictable that a network / channel would be hesitant to invest in a full season on a fringe interest subject like flesh eating Zombies.

Zombie Land was a piolt film for a TV series. I forgot the network that did it but you see how far that got. I applaude AMC for The Walking Dead series. I look forward to season 2!

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

AMC only does 6 episode initial contracts. No reason to waste money, if they show won't fly. The show was initially proposed for NBC! I'm glad it's not, because I enjoy the freedom to have a little saltier language, and literal heads rolling!

This season was only 6, not 7 episodes... They have, however, renewed the show for 13 episodes next season!!!

As for the Brain Stem conversation - notice when that they showed a functioning brain sparking "ALL" synapses - the whole brain functioned collectively. When it shows just the "geek's" brain stem functioning, it's still showing it throwing sparks to the other parts of the brain - originating from the stem. It's more like a waving current though, rather than a set of Christmas Tree lights lighting up the whole tree. He simply explained that nothing is working in the frontal lobe, etc. so there is no reasonable thought process.

But they still have "hunger" and an obvious "calculating thought process" because they will move toward sound, smell, movement, etc. Basically, their simple brain works like a croc or a gator. They get hungry, they hunt. They see an opportunity, they take it... Remember, the black guy's wife still tried to open the front door. There's gotta be some kind of residual memory that's not wiped...
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I guess it makes sense to test it out with fewer episodes. It would be hard to censor violence on a show like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I guess it makes sense to test it out with fewer episodes. It would be hard to censor violence on a show like this.
    Can you imagine Full Metal Jacket on network TV?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

I just watched the final episode.

1. It sucks that the doc didn't tell them the deal about the "self-destruct" up front. Then they could have at least re-supplied effectively from the facility's stores before moving on to another safe location without all the drama. But, he was a bit screwed up in the head, so ok.

2. What did he whisper? I wonder. Lori being pregnant is a good guess. I thought maybe he gave some advice that would give them hope, since that was discussed a lot (whether there was any hope or not).

3. Really, not much happened in this episode. They got a shower, a meal and a party, lost the black woman and are now right back to where they started.

Looking forward to next season, which I've read will start in Oct 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    I just watched the final episode.

1. It sucks that the doc didn't tell them the deal about the "self-destruct" up front. Then they could have at least re-supplied effectively from the facility's stores before moving on to another safe location without all the drama. But, he was a bit screwed up in the head, so ok.

2. What did he whisper? I wonder. Lori being pregnant is a good guess. I thought maybe he gave some advice that would give them hope, since that was discussed a lot (whether there was any hope or not).

3. Really, not much happened in this episode. They got a shower, a meal and a party, lost the black woman and are now right back to where they started.

Looking forward to next season, which I've read will start in Oct 2011.
    If I understood it correctly when the doc initially opened the doors and let them in he told them he can't reopen the doors once they are inside. I guess he could have said something while they were there but there were zombies closing in and didn't have much time.

my wife just sent me the first 3 episodes...it seemed a little hokey but I like it. The zombie effects are great, although they sure scrimped on the M1 Abrams with the 2 room apartment on the inside....

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question

Something just came to mind. Does anyone recall seeing a single dog or cat? As far as I can recall the one guy shot a deer with his crossbow and of course there was the horse he rode into Atlanta and the crows eating the dead but other than that I can't recall any other animals and no pets. After only two months you'd think there'd be some dogs or cats around, especially in or near a large city.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Something just came to mind. Does anyone recall seeing a single dog or cat? As far as I can recall the one guy shot a deer with his crossbow and of course there was the horse he rode into Atlanta and the crows eating the dead but other than that I can't recall any other animals and no pets. After only two months you'd think there'd be some dogs or cats around, especially in or near a large city.
    The dead seemed to like horse well enough. It was my impression that the dogs and cats were early appetizers, and that's why there are none around.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Especially when you add hungry people to the mix, the cats and dogs don't stand a chance, lol.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 Crash's Avatar

I agree that Lori may be pregnant, if it follows the comic books then that is possible. I just have a hard time with the fact that they didn't pick up any weapons after the CDC blew up. I didn't see any walkers afterwards and a few minutes scavenging the soldiers would have taken care of the a weapons issue.
    Last edited by Crash; 12-10-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Why don't zombies munch on other zombies....finicky?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arnulf View Post
    Why don't zombies munch on other zombies....finicky?
    They're not cannibals!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    They're not cannibals!
    Ha ha...zombies with morals...I'll buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnulf View Post
    Ha ha...zombies with morals...I'll buy that.
    I kinda figured it was that they are as turned on by rancid room temperature lunch meat as you and I would be.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast